ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

On 2/24/2019 at 6:34 PM, DancerRonin said:

The last email said 

As there are hundreds of sets, we will be shipping out by waves while concurrently manufacturing in China starting mid-February and onward. A two month pause will occur due to Chinese New Year”

I never did understand why the Chinese New Year celebrations (which last for 23 days) would cause a TWO MONTH delay in shipping....

• Like 1

I never did understand why the Chinese New Year celebrations (which last for 23 days) would cause a TWO MONTH delay in shipping....

I work with a lot of vendors in China and Vietnam for work. Realistically, they only take 3-4 weeks of vacation. Two months is kinda BS. Only the super rich take two months off for Chinese New Year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using the chat quite a bit lately and it sounds like the customer service department is very limited and they don’t get much information at all. As we know Anovos in general has a horrible communication problem with customers and apparently within too. The CSR’s always say they are asking for the information and can only give what the production department is giving to them.

In my opinion it’s the production department and their lack of communication with everyone that is driving Anovos down.

It sure would be nice if upper management would address customers and fans at a Con or something.

I wonder if a small group of customers went to an Anovos booth at an event with posters listing our first hand experiences with Anovos, wait times and lack of communication. Something civil and factual like “Hello I am an Anovos customer and am still waiting on my order/refund for 2 years now and still no hard shipping dates”. Maybe that would get their attention.

• Like 2

Such a misguided marketing piece. Can’t believe they degraded the Alpha kits as “large and clunky”.

Given their access to scans I’m perplexed that so much is still so inaccurate.

This is par for the course with Anovos, I'm dumbfounded why anyone sees it differently.

3 hours ago, mikidymac said:

I just posted asking about the not screen accurate shoulder seam. We’ll see if it gets approved but I doubt it.

I've asked in multiple emails and kept getting the same answer to how the yoke/back join method differs from the Alpha/Beta kits, "these kits will not need painting" well no they wouldn't if you just put them together how you made them but if put together correctly they will need gluing, filling and paint.

Also looks like the same will have to be modified on the sides of the ab section which should also be seamless ;) 

CRL:

Abdomen Section

• The abdomen section must wrap around the wearer's body without a visible seam.

No4aiJR.png

pXP1jbI.jpg

1 hour ago, Bud Spaklur said:

How’s this company in business with all these issues??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because of dreamers like myself who really hope that this beautiful armor will ship:smiley-sw013:

Because of dreamers like myself who really hope that this beautiful armor will ship:smiley-sw013:
Lol not that beautiful but I guess when you make a fantasy in your head it's hard to not see the rocks under the beautiful ocean

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Lol not that beautiful but I guess when you make a fantasy in your head it's hard to not see the rocks under the beautiful ocean

Apart from a rushed assembly and test-fitting I think it looks great:)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bud Spaklur said:

How’s this company in business with all these issues??

I suspect the 501st probably doesn't even cover 50% of orders.  You can't always assume that we (the 501st or similar groups for other costumes) are the primary market for stuff like this. They are making a product for a market that doesn't want to have to muck about with Bondo and paint so they can look cool 2-3 times a year at costume parties/Halloween and conventions.

Both Alpha and Beta kits were considerably inaccurate and required a lot of extra work to make them right. This latest version is no different. What's new? Despite Anovos's obvious shortcomings I'm not aware of a single FOTK armor supplier that has an "out of the box ready" product that only needs assembly without painting. Is there something new on the market?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

I suspect the 501st probably doesn't even cover 50% of orders.  You can't always assume that we (the 501st or similar groups for other costumes) are the primary market for stuff like this. They are making a product for a market that doesn't want to have to muck about with Bondo and paint so they can look cool 2-3 times a year at costume parties/Halloween and conventions.

Well not now anyway, I know A LOT of members who pulled out and many signed up for these pre order kits before Anovos even started advertising, hence Anovos reaching out to anyone who had shown interest in the kits, looks like they'll have a few left over.

3 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Both Alpha and Beta kits were considerably inaccurate and required a lot of extra work to make them right. This latest version is no different. What's new? Despite Anovos's obvious shortcomings I'm not aware of a single FOTK armor supplier that has an "out of the box ready" product that only needs assembly without painting. Is there something new on the market?

Agreed but Anovos kept insisting "these kits will not require paint" well true if you don't want them 501st approved, seems strange they don't think about 501st approval when some of there team are ex 501st members, which brings me to when I read the Anovos Adventures in Thermoforming page yesterday I could have sworn it mentioned the team had been cosplayers and members of the 501st, when I went back today it looks like that has been removed :blink: Since they aimed their Alpha and Beta kits at 501st members you'd think they would think about 501st approvability with the new kits but seems not.

Also appears the forearms are going to need some work and paint too.

vjyB55Y.png

• Like 1

Agreed but Anovos kept insisting "these kits will not require paint" well true if you don't want them 501st approved, seems strange they don't think about 501st approval when some of there team are ex 501st members, which brings me to when I read the Anovos Adventures in Thermoforming page yesterday I could have sworn it mentioned the team had been cosplayers and members of the 501st, when I went back today it looks like that has been removed :blink: Since they aimed their Alpha and Beta kits at 501st members you'd think they would think about 501st approvability with the new kits but seems not.

Also appears the forearms are going to need some work and paint too.

vjyB55Y.png&key=97c22190234df5015373ee2acea2669d2647c1f651d74903ab1bc4008f3c0951

Forearms are same as kb uses now just use bar magnets and trim to size

15 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Forearms are same as kb uses now just use bar magnets and trim to size

Yes you could as well as other methods, it's just not as accurate as it could be for a kit that is Darn near perfection :laugh1:

AjHUEwo.png

• Like 1

Yes you could as well as other methods, it's just not as accurate as it could be for a kit that is Darn near perfection :laugh1:

AjHUEwo.png&key=8c498fd7f847f55f9cacaad2c62e478f3513dbaa3443947bf5ba93480d2fa16c
Oh yeah agree but for basic approval just adding that. Truly disappointing for time they spent working on this

Hello everyone, 

Is anyone looking for a refund of their FOTK armor full kit + helmet pre-order or willing to give up their spot for $$? 

Do drop me a PM as I have dropped Anovos a msg and they are willing to assist in this transfer of ownership officially. :) 

Took me 2 months before they agreed to let me do so. 

Below is the Email exchange with them

Cheers!

53302405_10157437250117841_8099318154200612864_n.jpg