ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

15 minutes ago, mikidymac said:

I’m already thinking aluminum for support and shoulder bells then Devcon Plastic Welder II sand and paint.

It's really not that difficult to do when/if it comes down to it. 

Really it's not, so many builds here will all of us having to glue/join/fill/paint our yoke/backs, no difference with this new area.

The stickler is that it needs painting, perhaps enforcing the underneath sections and using ABS paste will work out better, touch up just that line with paint and it may not get noticed, otherwise you have to paint the whole yoke/back, then will it match the rest of the armor? Or you could just wear an ammo vest, straps would cover those areas ;) 

I really hate chips and cracks on my FOTK, I don't get that many though and I have every piece kept in a material pouches so they don't get damaged in transport, but it is time consuming to get everything out and pack away after the troop. I was hoping that the new kits wouldn't need any paint at all and would save this work, but at this stage it just appears it's the yoke/back that needs paint so really it's won't be that hard to protect ;) 

• Like 1

My big concern is that even with acetone-sludge ABS paste or plastic welder and all that, it'll still be a discontinuity in the material, and therefore a weak point in an area that flexes to get that item on and off. So it will crack, sooner or later. And any repair is always going to be less than the integrity of the original finished piece, so I try to engineer or overengineer to prevent the damage in the first place.

I'm going Cardinal, so mine's getting painted regardless of whatever else. So that's also not a concern for me. I've got a pretty darn tough automotive wheel clearcoat to protect the finish from chipping, too. So I'm going ot do me level best to make sure it doesn't get damaged from the inside. The stupid part is that it probably isn't necessary. As with Phasma, the shoulders will be covered by the cape, so I could really just do a hinge or flex joint. But I want to go the distance, since there could very well be times the cape gets thrown back and the shoulders exposed.

I want to say more, but really shouldn't until I've had a chance to hold those two pieces and look at the join from many angles and see how everything lines up and how much excess I may have to work with.

Edited by Peregrinus

Apologies if this has been stated already but have basic approval guidelines ever changed for armors? Does the CRL base anything on behind the scenes  set pics like the ones posted in this thread? Or strictly based on what's on screen?   Do the KB or Jimmi kits have seamless back/yoke?

Jimmi kits have a seamless back and yoke. This is his v5 Back/Yoke IMG_8914.jpgIMG_8913.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:08 AM, kungfugrip12 said:

Do the KB or Jimmi kits have seamless back/yoke?

Last time I had seen a KB it was joined in the back like alpha Anovos kits.

Mimic was offering a seamless yoke/back but he seams to have disappeared.

Still waiting on updates from other makers (who also seem to have gone quiet) as to if they have updated their kits.

The KB if you make it flush enough and trim it right you almost done notice the seam. I'm prob gonna touch up the one I'm working on now with abs paste.

The KB kit is shockingly very similar to what I'm seeing from Anovos they must have been both thinking the same things

Seems like a huge disservice to not allow the hinge on the yolk, especially given some evidence of screen-worn suits having it (maybe level 1 cert?). I've owned a KB kit for years now and between the yolk cracking and the paint, it's in rough shape overall and I rarely want to troop with it. To have to paint and mold these Anovos kits means the same issues. As troopers we would look much better with clean shiny ABS rather than paint IMO and having the hinge means less repairs. I wouldn't say we should compromise accuracy to accommodate for the rigors of trooping, but in this case there is evidence of these modifications. 

The TD is another story.. it's just not possible to use vacuum formed ABS and have no seams. Not sure the plan there..

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, UT Trooper said:

Seems like a huge disservice to not allow the hinge on the yolk, especially given some evidence of screen-worn suits having it (maybe level 1 cert?). I've owned a KB kit for years now and between the yolk cracking and the paint, it's in rough shape overall and I rarely want to troop with it. To have to paint and mold these Anovos kits means the same issues. As troopers we would look much better with clean shiny ABS rather than paint IMO and having the hinge means less repairs. I wouldn't say we should compromise accuracy to accommodate for the rigors of trooping, but in this case there is evidence of these modifications. 

The TD is another story.. it's just not possible to use vacuum formed ABS and have no seams. Not sure the plan there..

I would totally agree with you on allowing the hinge for durability, ease of use and not painting however given there is no cannon proof it probably will just be a nice dream.

We better start looking at some high def screen shots of the TLJ troopers and Executioner. Maybe the hinge is there afterall?

Edited by mikidymac

1 hour ago, UT Trooper said:

Maybe someone will offer rotocast TDs and one-piece yokes down the road. I’d gladly pay a premium if they existed.

FYI, Anovos replied to my query regarding the TLJ helmet being shown in the latest email update and what it means for us:

Hello Brien,

We've made modifications to the kit since its initial offering, as previously discussed in our updates. As such, the newer kits will be shipping with the TLJ helmets by default, but we are looking into the possibility of a limited run of TFA helmets to cover earlier orders on a case-by-case basis (as the helmet ships separately from the main kit). We'll have more on this in future updates for those who purchased the kit with the helmet.  

Regards,

J. James

• Like 1

Tangentially related, I just got am e-mail earlier that their F-11D kit is back up for pre-order. Doing another run. So if you missed it last time...

A reminder, this is the "Standard" trooper model -- no shoulder stock, mounts to thigh bracket. Not the upscaled "Heavy" version. So if you're doing a Phasma or FOHWT, this isn't the correct blaster.

1 hour ago, Peregrinus said:

Tangentially related, I just got am e-mail earlier that their F-11D kit is back up for pre-order. Doing another run. So if you missed it last time...

A reminder, this is the "Standard" trooper model -- no shoulder stock, mounts to thigh bracket. Not the upscaled "Heavy" version. So if you're doing a Phasma or FOHWT, this isn't the correct blaster.

Also, the front stock is one molded piece that is not configurable. I have one from the last batch. Whole thing is orange and will be fine when I assemble it, but is not able to be upgraded for higher approval. I’ll need to get a different kit in order to have it get Centurian. 

• Like 1

I wonder how that works if I ordered the basic kit and both of the basic helmets? Are they going to still ship the basic TFA helmets that were ordered 2 years ago? Also, has anyone ever returned anything? I bought the premium neck seal 2 years ago (still hasn't shipped), but I bought Pinky's whole gasket setup last year - so I won't have any use for just the premium neck seal by itself anymore. 

• Like 1

I wonder how that works if I ordered the basic kit and both of the basic helmets? Are they going to still ship the basic TFA helmets that were ordered 2 years ago? Also, has anyone ever returned anything? I bought the premium neck seal 2 years ago (still hasn't shipped), but I bought Pinky's whole gasket setup last year - so I won't have any use for just the premium neck seal by itself anymore. 

Her gaskets are comfy and she’s sweet !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, yodaclaus said:

Also, the front stock is one molded piece that is not configurable. I have one from the last batch. Whole thing is orange and will be fine when I assemble it, but is not able to be upgraded for higher approval. I’ll need to get a different kit in order to have it get Centurian. 

I'd recommend the kit, and then 3D printing 5thHorseman's foregrip and lower rail pieces. Side-by-side comparison shows that, after all his revisions, his final version is within a couple millimeters in every direction, or better. So those pieces should fit on the ANOVOS kit juuuuust fine.

4 hours ago, ultravtec757 said:

If you ordered a TFA and a TLJ helmet I would assume they would send you both.

4 hours ago, ultravtec757 said:

The basic kit also comes with the gaskets (just no neck seal, hence having to order it separate), so you'll have full sets from both. *heh* I'd suggest maybe putting them up for sale on here, if you don't want to keep them as back-ups.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Peregrinus said:

The basic kit also comes with the gaskets (just no neck seal, hence having to order it separate), so you'll have full sets from both. *heh* I'd suggest maybe putting them up for sale on here, if you don't want to keep them as back-ups.

Thanks, that's a great idea of selling them as a complete set.

13 hours ago, Peregrinus said:

Speaking of the F-11D kits.... Has anyone posted a painting tutorial for the ANOVOS F-11D kit? I have had one for about a year now and the instructions only detail how to assemble the gun. If my memory serves it didn't even say what kind of glue to use. It definitely does not describe/provide instructions on how to paint it. Any threads up here with a walkthrough????

6 hours ago, Peregrinus said:

I'd recommend the kit, and then 3D printing 5thHorseman's foregrip and lower rail pieces. Side-by-side comparison shows that, after all his revisions, his final version is within a couple millimeters in every direction, or better. So those pieces should fit on the ANOVOS kit juuuuust fine.

Thanks for the tip! I was scratching my head trying to figure out how to make that grip functional. 

16 hours ago, kungfugrip12 said:

Speaking of the F-11D kits.... Has anyone posted a painting tutorial for the ANOVOS F-11D kit? I have had one for about a year now and the instructions only detail how to assemble the gun. If my memory serves it didn't even say what kind of glue to use. It definitely does not describe/provide instructions on how to paint it. Any threads up here with a walkthrough????

Yeah - I,too, would like to know if anyone has any info on this. Anovos was of NO HELP when it came to paint to use on this thing. So mine is still sitting, unassembled, in its box.