ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

I did notice they renamed these kits and they are now make no mention of TFA or TLJ. Looks like a mostly TLJ suit from those photos. I'm curious to see if they ship us TFA helmets or TLJ helmets, given that the original pre-order was for a TFA version if they send everyone TLJ helmets that would bother me.

Especially if they send out some weird mishmash that needs a ton of work for Centurion.

19 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

I did notice they renamed these kits and they are now make no mention of TFA or TLJ. Looks like a mostly TLJ suit from those photos. I'm curious to see if they ship us TFA helmets or TLJ helmets, given that the original pre-order was for a TFA version if they send everyone TLJ helmets that would bother me.

Especially if they send out some weird mishmash that needs a ton of work for Centurion.

The email states that the armor can be built either for TFA or TLJ. I think contacting ANOVOS about bucket clarification is a solid idea though. 

15 minutes ago, giskard8 said:

Perhaps it has nothing to do with Chinese New Year. I heard rumors that these are being made in Vietnam. 

Vietnam shuts down during the same time for their Lunar New Year (aka Vietnamese New Year).

So after seeing prototypes when ever I pressed Anovos for an answer as to how the new armor wouldn't need filling or painting I would always get a run around answer, not getting exactly how this was achieved, now I see, one of the main places that does need gluing, filling and painting is now two pieces (top right of image), wonder if that's going to get 501st approved :blink:

Closure on those biceps is a little sloppy

Those gaskets are as floppy as my d__k after a cold shower:laugh1:

What's up with those overlapping forearms to biceps, don't they know how these should look :56pullhair: :vomit-into-the-toilet:

Miss something on that endcap of the TD? ;)

I better stop now or I'll be here all day :blink:

83-BD8-A63-BDEC-422-C-AB7-A-728-AD66-A7-

• Like 2

Although at this point I have no love for Anovos I will say that we shouldn’t pick apart the model assembly quality.

I am sure they slapped this together for pictures and as we all know it’s the assembly and fitting quality that determines approval and qualification level.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mikidymac said:

Although at this point I have no love for Anovos I will say that we shouldn’t pick apart the model assembly quality.

I am sure they slapped this together for pictures and as we all know it’s the assembly and fitting quality that determines approval and qualification level.

Actually they have a separation/join between the back/front section at the top so that may indeed determine approval and qualification ;) 

Chinese New Year usually hits manufacturing a bit hard. Thousands of companies shut down for 1-2 weeks, then flood the shipping market in an attempt to make up for lost time. We just had parts arrive this week at work that failed our Quality Control process, so we'll have to wait until mid March to get those parts remade and shipped.

Actually they have a separation/join between the back/front section at the top so that may indeed determine approval and qualification     

So the seams will have to be filled and painted just like all the other armor joints that aren’t supposed to be visible just like all other kits? 

I hope nobody assumed this would just be slap together with no fillers and painting and get immediate approval. That’s an unrealistic assumption no matter what Anovos claims.

Are you talking about directly over the shoulders where the back and front look like they overlap?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mikidymac said:

So the seams will have to be filled and painted just like all the other armor joints that aren’t supposed to be visible just like all other kits? 

I hope nobody assumed this would just be slap together with no fillers and painting and get immediate approval. That’s an unrealistic assumption no matter what Anovos claims.

Are you talking about directly over the shoulders where the back and front look like they overlap?

P10bNNW.png

Anovos claimed no painting would be required but would go no further in answering how that was achieved with regards to the yoke and back as the Anovos alpha kits needed joining, filling and painting.

"The kits come white and should not need painting to make them white. They will still need cutting and gluing as per the instructions"

No matter how many times I asked and worded it differently they would not say how they managed to do away with the joining. So it's not an actual lie it's just not saying that these pieces will be separate and have a join/seam/overlap.

Will they meet the CRL for basic approval?, well the crl reference image doesn't show a join/seam/overlap so hmmmmmmm

ns6Wrsb.png

Join/seam/overlap not showing up on the Anovos sales page (although subject to change)

X16ulvy.png

Ok, now I understand. Looks like we’ll have to get creative to loose the seam. I’m sure Anovos isn’t concerned with us meeting the CRL requirements.

I think they would have been better leaving it like the Alpha kits. This new overlap seam looks like a real cracking point and harder to fill.

3 hours ago, mikidymac said:

Ok, now I understand. Looks like we’ll have to get creative to loose the seam. I’m sure Anovos isn’t concerned with us meeting the CRL requirements.

I think they would have been better leaving it like the Alpha kits. This new overlap seam looks like a real cracking point and harder to fill.

Problem with the Alpha kits (or in my case a Beta/Charlie) is once you have joined the yoke to the back it is rock solid, the yoke section over the arms will only move so much to let you get arms in, I swap from arm to arm at times to equal out the stress, you can get one in but you really have to open the yoke to allow the other to slide in. I do have cracks on the sides even with support sections behind, it's a real pain to keep touching up.

I've got an image around somewhere of someone who was thought to be trying on one of their updated kits a long time ago and it does have this separation, almost looks like a hinge.

Here is, not as concealed as the photo below this one.

yo2T0tt.jpg 

And here, but this one is showing a long front yoke?

PriiNUm.jpg

Weirdly I stumbled across this image with Phasma with hinge, notice the full length front yoke,  you can see the inner lip like this under the chest piece on FOTK's yet all screen images I have been able to check don't have a hinge/join. But Phasma wears a cape so it gets covered ;) 

NlcuxkZ.jpg

Almost closed no cover chest plate on yet, can just make out the hinge section.

18235809_10213231904010973_1107855857_o.jpg

Longer inner yoke can be seen behind the chest plate, but as I say I've not seen a hinge on the tops before.

[IMG]

So then I guess the biggest issue is per basic approval,

Back/Yoke
The back plate contains a "O II" design where the O is black.

The back/yoke is one seamless piece.

The yoke portion extends over the wearer's shoulders and curves under the armpits.

With a seam, joint or hinge it wouldn’t be, “one seamless piece”.

7 minutes ago, mikidymac said:

So then I guess the biggest issue is per basic approval,

Back/Yoke
The back plate contains a "O II" design where the O is black.

The back/yoke is one seamless piece.

The yoke portion extends over the wearer's shoulders and curves under the armpits.

With a seam, joint or hinge it wouldn’t be, “one seamless piece”.

Apologies if this has been stated already but have basic approval guidelines ever changed for armors? Does the CRL base anything on behind the scenes  set pics like the ones posted in this thread? Or strictly based on what's on screen?   Do the KB or Jimmi kits have seamless back/yoke?

Apologies if this has been stated already but have basic approval guidelines ever changed for armors? Does the CRL base anything on behind the scenes  set pics like the ones posted in this thread? Or strictly based on what's on screen?   Do the KB or Jimmi kits have seamless back/yoke?

Yes, with enough supporting evidence and staff approval the CRL can be revised and they do evolve over time.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:09 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

So after seeing prototypes when ever I pressed Anovos for an answer as to how the new armor wouldn't need filling or painting I would always get a run around answer, not getting exactly how this was achieved, now I see, one of the main places that does need gluing, filling and painting is now two pieces (top right of image), wonder if that's going to get 501st approved :blink:There's no yoke seams with screen armor that I've seen. Unless there's proof to say otherwise the basic requirements (no  seam) won't change. Phasma armor (photo)  may have had seams, the other two photos are Anovos armor.

Closure on those biceps is a little sloppy Normal 

Those gaskets are as floppy as my d__k after a cold shower:laugh1: ah hahaha

What's up with those overlapping forearms to biceps, don't they know how these should look :56pullhair: :vomit-into-the-toilet:Sloppy dressing? lol

Miss something on that endcap of the TD? ;)Just a bit

I better stop now or I'll be here all day :blink: It's literally been all day, stop hahaha

• Like 1

I actually have a notion, but I'm waiting until I have this thing in hand to do some dry runs first to check feasibility. If said notion works, it should be inexpensive... but a little fiddly and time-consuming. I know -- with a Stormtrooper costume? Unheard of!

Said notion is also planned to include @ukswrath's metal shoulder braces/shoulder bell tabs, so one is warned.

I gave up on this upcoming Celebration in disgust, so I don't need it in time for that, but I'm still hoping I ordered early enough to be in that first batch...

Okay, other thoughts. I'm going TFA with my build. The e-mail had this to say regarding the two variants we have so far:

As discussed previously, we have configured the armor to be customizable to either The Last Jedi (e.g. overlapping armor edges, like in the Imperial Stormtrooper Kits) or The Force Awakens configuration (edge-to-edge gluing).

Our fit test has demonstrated the The Last Jedi overlap system to be extremely comfortable with a flex in the thighs, biceps, shins and forearms, that the previous The Force Awakens system of edge-to-edge gluing didn’t permit. This also helps accommodate a number of sizes. Fortunately, you have a choice for either way!

I have never seen a straight comparison rundown between TFA and TLJ. How accurate is that? And, apart from that, I believe the main difference is the groin armor. Given this looks to be the more abbreviated TLJ version, how the heck is one supposed to be able to opt to finish it as the TFA version? Inquiring minds want to know.

But man that chest plate... I may get that cleaned up, detailed on the back side, and painted before I tackle any of the rest, just to have it sitting there as encouragement. That is just so pretty!

Edited by Peregrinus

11 hours ago, mikidymac said:

The real question is how much is Tony@ukswrath going to charge us to do a how to on how to fix this seam? Lol.

Lol. This area does bring up a good point regarding how to address it however as mentioned before until we actually have the armor in hand I'll hold off in speculating. I will say this, it can't be any more difficult than previous generations and we made it through those.