ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

Well you know how they feel about their customers when they can’t even tell us why they are delayed again and I’m not just talking about the FOTK kits. I also have s Kylo on order from them and there was no explanation or anything even a word as to why it was bumped from fall to winter. What a bunch of an impolite person hats.

Although the shipping calendar said it would ship in the previous quarter, the last update said before April. But the way Anovos has been going, this is looking optimistic. 

Chinese New Year is coming up which is an excuse that they have previously used. 

For these kits are to start shipping to customers before celebration, then they should be leaving China by mid to late February at the latest. Otherwise with the time it takes for them to get to the states, clear customs, arrive at Anovos etc, there is no way they will be ready. The pauldrons allegedly arrived a few weeks ago and are in the process of getting ready to ship. A normal business would have these packed and shipped the minute they arrived. It’s not like the warehouse staff are busy. 

Anovos must be so desperate for good news that you would think that the second these kits leave China, they would update everyone. But it looks like updates on all products have stopped. 

I think there are a lot of people, like myself, who have waited this long and the fear of cancelling so near to the end is what keeps us from requesting a refund. I’d hate to have waited coming up to 2 1-2 years, to cancel so close to the end. Saying that, if they don’t ship before April, I may change my mind. 

I remember thinking I’d have this kit built and cleared by episode 8! Still unsure if it’ll be ready or even shipped by episode 9. 

They have a booth at Celebration, they better have them ship before then.

Or it will be very ugly...

It probably won’t matter, they will just say they haven’t heard anything from the production department. I seriously think it might be two different companies because that’s the answer the customer service gives every time.

I am close to backing out.  I don't like feeling like I am being lied to.  No telling how expensive the shipping piece is, but I think their shipping is always a percentage of the price and not anywhere close to actual cost.

Do they go by the price listed or the price that you payed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, HollyW00d said:

Been about a week since I sent them an email asking about an update, including a follow up request yesterday.  No response from them at all.  

There Live Chat has been down all week for "Maintenance" also so hopefully they didn't turn the lights off in the boiler room and abandon ship.

They are desperately trying to raise some money from their in stock items (that won't sell) to pay for producing armor for the backlog of FOTK orders.

No that was not an official update :laugh1:

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 2:59 PM, Harbinger said:

I've thought about doing that. KB would be my second choice. Problem is none of the existing kits are accurate to my liking.

I have a KB Phasma, which is basically a FOTK with added bits.  I like it- I really like that it's ABS (Jimmy's is fiberglass and I've never worked with it before, plus weight, shipping from the Philippines- nothing on Jimmy or his armor, though).  Just ask for it untrimmed- I think they might rush a little on their trim and while it's extra work, it's worth it to save potential issues down the line.  It's still a little snot of a kit to put together (all FOTKs are).  

On 1/18/2019 at 5:21 PM, ultravtec757 said:

I’m going to tough it out and wait. This Tuesday (1/22) makes 2 years since I placed my order. 

:icon_eek:  You have the patience of a saint!  Yikes, I hope you get your kit!

I don't recommend Anovos (I'm one of those aNOvos people) because of shipping junk like this- it's just uncalled for, unprofessional, and unnecessary.  Their customer service has a terrible track record.  And perhaps the biggest part is I've seen some serious quality control issues- some kits or parts are just fine, though on the thinner side in my opinion, but some are just see the light through them when held up to a light source thin, which is unacceptable.  I also personally think they're overpriced (unless you snagged one of those $250 or $300 kits years ago).  

If they can't fulfill orders, they should stop taking them until they can again.  I hate to say it, but I never believe anything I hear their customer service said- because I've heard it all before, and it's so rarely been true that I just don't trust them.  

Regardless, I sincerely hope anyone who ordered and wants to hang on gets their kit, because they deserve what they paid for.  

5 minutes ago, sharkbait said:

I have a KB Phasma, which is basically a FOTK with added bits.  I like it- I really like that it's ABS (Jimmy's is fiberglass and I've never worked with it before, plus weight, shipping from the Philippines- nothing on Jimmy or his armor, though).  Just ask for it untrimmed- I think they might rush a little on their trim and while it's extra work, it's worth it to save potential issues down the line.  It's still a little snot of a kit to put together (all FOTKs are).  

Hopefully I'll get to see a KB in person, other than soft details that seems to be the best option out there right now. Thanks.

if anyone receives and wants to sell pm me. I got off the run to go with a worse maker that still has yet to ship fully

Wishing the best for everyone on this run looked like they had a lot pulled from pictures floating around

5 hours ago, kungfugrip12 said:

OMG - an actual update!!!! So if I am reading between the lines of the email is it safe to assume that if you're NOT in the first shipment wave then you won't get your kit until after Celebration?  Chinese New Year starts on Monday and they mentioned a 2 month delay because of it. 

I thought the same thing, sounds like a few might go out but the majority will be after the two month break. Once again they are breaking their shipping time with previously all shipping by Celebration promise. 

What worries me the most is this comment here, "A two month pause will occur due to Chinese New Year but will resume immediately until all orders have been sent out throughout this year." So I am wondering does that mean we will have them in 2-3 months or just sometime before January 1, 2020?

Edited by mikidymac

For the most part that looks pretty okay.  A quick look shows naff gaskets, TD needs some more black, overlapping shoulder isn't going to fly.  No idea if the seams will work or not, look at the forearm for example.  Will they need filling?  Helmet looks nice like always though.

BE fun seeing these come in and what is needed to get them through.

ps: Some of the PS cutting out on that looks rather amateur hour too.

20 minutes ago, mikidymac said:

What worries me the most is this comment here, "A two month pause will occur due to Chinese New Year but will resume immediately until all orders have been sent out throughout this year." So I am wondering does that mean we will have them in 2-3 months or just sometime before January 1, 2020?

Chinese new year starts next week, IIRC. So I read that as "we've got a crap ton of these to make and we've barely made a dent.  Oh and the factory will close for a week or so for Chinese new year which screws up loads of stuff coming out of china for weeks after that".  I don't know what the production is like but I expect this to take months rather than the 4-6ish weeks it took for OT.