ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

If you've waited the quoted refund time (I think they say 12-15 business days now) and you still haven't received your refund, send an email to Joe Salcedo at joe@anovos.com with all of the important details: your name, order number, support ticket number(s), and a brief timeline of events (when you cancelled, any time you've contacted chat support, etc.). I've had to do this twice now and while I didn't get a reply back from him, the refund was processed within 1-2 business days.

Edited by Scimitar

If you've waited the quoted refund time (I think they say 12-15 business days now) and you still haven't received your refund, send an email to Joe Salcedo at joe@anovos.com with all of the important details: your name, order number, support ticket number(s), and a brief timeline of events (when you cancelled, any time you've contacted chat support, etc.). I've had to do this twice now and while I didn't get a reply back from him, the refund was processed within 1-2 business days.

Thanks for the info.

12 minutes ago, bishopx said:

I apologize if this is a sore subject. Do you guys know where I can get a set of FOTK armor? I'm in the market and I can't seem to get a clean answer about if it's available or not. Is the Anovos armor for sale or on hold?

Have a read here

The Anovos armor was pre sold and there have been some very long delays, currently they are not taking orders but no doubt with some cancellations once they finally get them in there will be extras for sale.

I also am closing to canceling. My excitement for this set of armor is really going down hill and just picked up some ESB costumes so. I held off canceling with this update thinking ,probably incorrectly, they should start shipping in close to another month, but I know if I don't hear anything I am done. I am assuming I am close to the top of the orders and if they do start shipping should get soon, but it will be a cold day in hoth (or hell) if I wait until celebration since they have had my money since Nov 2016.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:59 AM, Daetrin said:

It can be unclear how much can be said, but I can say for certain that ANOVOS is getting grief from Disney.  There are a lot of rumors floating around as to what that explicitly means, but for certain the mouse is not happy.

It is very interesting to read your comments.  Elsewhere on these and other forums, it was stated by someone "in the know" that The Mouse is micromanaging aspects of the products such as testing and packaging.  When any one of these things are rejected, it is back to the drawing board for Anovos, leading to additional delays.  Furthermore, it has been said, and appears to be true, that The Mouse has Joe/Anovos under a gag order regarding what can be said and shown.  If there is truth to what you and the other person posts, then it seems like The Mouse shares some of the blame of the customer dissatisfaction and it would be a bit hypocritical of them to be coming down hard on ANOVOS because of this.

As it stands, I'm still going to wait it out for the First Order armor from them.

• Like 1

Well, it looks like apparently the update page for the kits crashed, production itself crashed, or the people responsible for doing basic updates and maintenance on the site disappeared into the void.  Looking at that page just make things more infuriating to no end https://www.anovos.com/pages/first-order-stormtrooper-standard-kit-updates.  And communication to the fulfillment people on chat is extremely helpful and informative as usual.  After reviewing that information on the email they sent to us, what they are telling me sounds no different from the update they talked about before, except with pictures this time.  They can't even show the factory, machines, molds, anything else to prove this stuff is actually being produced.  

I'll continue waiting for my order to be fulfilled at some (what I assume) DEFINITE time in the future, even though it is clearly undefined at the moment.  In the mean time, can any of you give me a review on Jimmiroquai's kit and if it is worth it?  Can someone please also run a double-check on KB props to reconfirm that they are not a recaster?  Although after doing some research on KB props, they seem to be having an issue fulfilling orders as well, and anovos has already used up all my allocation for patience on ordering any other kits at this point.  Jimmiroquai's fulfillment seems good based on my research, but it seems alot of people are still skeptical about his kits.  Does anyone have an update on Jimmiroquai's kits and if they are ok as an anovos substitute if you need a functional FOTK costume under a time constraint?  What are the unanimous negatives about Jimmi's kit that currently linger on?  Also, is there any way to complete a transaction with Jimmiroquai through Paypal?

P.S. I'm not just going to have my helmet and soft goods collect dust while waiting for my kit to arrive of for another agonizing 365 days just for this ridiculous waiting game this time around, so I'm going to build the rest of the costume from elsewhere as a temporary substitute for this anovos one while I wait.   Sorry about the rant.  

Edited by ImperialMarine778

I know of a few people who have Jim’s kits and they are happy with them, they are not as accurate as they would like though, forearms are quite large and some do down size these, also the shape of the top of the thighs could be improved. It is fibreglass but flexible, so it is heavier than abs. But as I say these guys are happy with them because they have them in hand. 

KB has moved twice, there had been some issues with partnering up with others which fell through which means there have been delays. I dont know of anyone locally with one of his kits so can't comment on it further.

There are a couole of other names that come up, Backstage Props and 850 Armor Works, I havent heard any feedback on them so wont comment further. Mimic is another maker but sounds like he’s making promises and not delivering. 

It's really hard waiting for Anovos but being someone that does have one of their earlier kits I am still happy with it, the probelms with getting it are no different to now, communication was bad, promises were made and some recieved theirs who ordered after I did, didnt make sense. I really wish these guys could get t their act together, deliver or be truthful when you will.

If you want it in hand and reasonably quickly on others feedback I'd contact Jim, I’d gather he would take PayPal too.

Good luck with what you decided and hope to see you share a build thread on the forums soon.

On 10/20/2018 at 10:58 AM, ImperialMarine778 said:

I'll continue waiting for my order to be fulfilled at some (what I assume) DEFINITE time in the future, even though it is clearly undefined at the moment.  In the mean time, can any of you give me a review on Jimmiroquai's kit and if it is worth it?  Can someone please also run a double-check on KB props to reconfirm that they are not a recaster?  Although after doing some research on KB props, they seem to be having an issue fulfilling orders as well, and anovos has already used up all my allocation for patience on ordering any other kits at this point.  Jimmiroquai's fulfillment seems good based on my research, but it seems alot of people are still skeptical about his kits.  Does anyone have an update on Jimmiroquai's kits and if they are ok as an anovos substitute if you need a functional FOTK costume under a time constraint?  What are the unanimous negatives about Jimmi's kit that currently linger on?  Also, is there any way to complete a transaction with Jimmiroquai through Paypal?

I have one (with ANOVOS bucket). Jim is lightning fast, uses PayPal, and always responds if you ask him questions.

His kit is not the most accurate in proportions/shape  (forearms, thighs, chest, helmet to name a few) compared to ANOVOS which I think looks the absolute best.

From what I've seen KB looks better on some parts, and worse on others, pick your poison. Jims kit also requires basically zero assembly compared to ABS kits, if you fit it out of the box you can almost go straight to strapping and paint. Details are sharp as it's fibreglass and not vac-formed ABS.

My main gripes with the kit is that it can have a tendency to form cracks on weak/stressed points (easy to remedy), and it is a bit heavy. Still love the armor though :) 

Edited by Ensi
  • Like 1

Well, as I am as anxious as everyone on this, I check the Anovos website quite often and it appears that something must be happening as the price just recently increased from $600-$850 for just the kit and $1,000 for the kit with the helmet. In the past they have updated this pretty close to the time that thing are going to start shipping so the next wave they can increase the price. It also shows shipping Winter 2018 on the armor page even though their calendar still shows Fall.

Fingers crossed this is a sign and yes, my fingers hurt from being crossed for so long.

Edited by mikidymac
  • Like 1

I think I'm beginning to understand what a crack addict must feel like... I cant help myself from checking this thread every day 'just in case' someone has news....

And  while I think about it: Ukswrath - are you on the order list and are you planning on doing a build thread? I'm hoping so as my first ever armour build was the Anovos ANH TK and your build thread was a god send! I'm sure there are many more like me spread around the world quietly hoping to learn more from your generosity.

6 minutes ago, Hutt-trooper said:

I think I'm beginning to understand what a crack addict must feel like... I cant help myself from checking this thread every day 'just in case' someone has news....

And  while I think about it: Ukswrath - are you on the order list and are you planning on doing a build thread? I'm hoping so as my first ever armour build was the Anovos ANH TK and your build thread was a god send! I'm sure there are many more like me spread around the world quietly hoping to learn more from your generosity.

Uh which costume?

12 minutes ago, Hutt-trooper said:

Thanks! I had thought it might have been more different - I will consume that thread in more detail. Thanks again for everything you share and help with!

When the new armor finally arrives in the hands of people like yourself we'll see how different they actually are. At that point I'm sure we'll have additional build threads. THT :salute:

14 minutes ago, mikidymac said:

Maybe we can all pitch in a couple bucks and get Tony one so he can show us step by step how to do it correctly, LOL.

lol :laugh1:  Thanks for the compliment but there's plenty of talented builders here. Heck yours may be the next one I follow ;) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...