ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

4 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

Their complication had a complication... (kudos if you know the reference without Googling it)

image.png

I know this.... um........ DAMN IT CAPTAIN!, I'm an armorer not a movie buff

• Like 1

Dear Valued Customer,

As Summer draws to a close, we wanted to send you an informative update chock full of pictures of what we’ve done to bring you the ultimate replica set of armor. In the past, our updates have just grazed the surface of the amount of effort that’s gone into designing and coming to final creation of this armor. This update provides a broader picture of our manufacturing process and allows us to finally bring you into the last steps of our journey together.

With that said, we would be remiss if we didn’t continually thank you and be 100% appreciative of the support you’ve given us over our time together. There are no words that can possibly match how we feel as a company towards you and we only hope that our final product not only matches but surpasses your expectations, as it has ours. We can say with confidence that our final product surpasses any prototype we’ve ever displayed publicly.

The Summer Update

We have wonderful news! The five-month process of “cutting steel” is finally over, which is typically the longest point of a manufacturing process of this nature.

You may be asking yourself two things: What does that mean? Why steel?

Some backstory here to give some reference: Before we made the decision to cut steel, ANOVOS manufacturing had a process of using conventional vacuum-form moulds consisted of fiberglass with steel elements. While this process takes about three months to create, the results were less than stellar when we received the first samples. Though many of the pieces were passable, it was a process that led to significant degradation over time and something we didn’t feel comfortable with due to inconsistencies throughout the run.

The use of our conventional vacuum-form moulds would mean that Trooper #1 could potentially get a different product than Trooper #10,001. The biggest culprit for this was the uneven transfer of heat across complex surface curvatures particular to this armor, despite the metal elements to help conduct the heat throughout.

Therefore, after careful deliberation — and much hesitation for yet another massive delay — we opted to cut moulds out of full metal and eliminate the fiberglass elements completely. That means that all the hard armor parts across the whole body. By doing so, we would get the best heat conductivity possible, thereby creating a smooth consistent surface from Trooper #1 to #10,001. The end results have been amazing and large surface warpage (particularly for larger pieces, such as the chest and abdomen) have all been eliminated. Additionally, we engineered all of the pieces of this armor to minimize final assembly time.

The trade-off is, of course, the five-month delay (which is done) and another month to fine tune (where we are now). Once this fine-tuning is approved, the armor will begin manufacturing.

We are delighted to share with you the pictures of our first set of ‘raw’ pulls from the molds. We are now dialing in the final critiques with the aim of even sharper armor than what you see here.

As promised, we are still intending on saving you massive amounts of time by pre-trimming the excess plastic and, for those of you worried about sizing, you will still be able to appropriately size the armor to you within most standard body types. The cutting will be performed by a five-axis machine, which will ensure a clean, precision cut.  (This is a feature that will be no charge to be only included in this run of the armor, as one of our many tokens of appreciation for your patience and understanding.)

In addition to that, you will now have the ability to use the provided armor to tailor your build to either The Last Jedi or The Force Awakens style armor.

Lastly, with this final adjustment in manufacturing, it means we will be pushing the first wave of delivery out one more season to get these final pieces out to you. We will then send out successive waves with aimed completion before Celebration 2019.

We hope that by providing you with these pictures, and this more specific and detailed update, we can mitigate any concerns you have about the completion of this project. Very few of you have left this project and we cannot possibly be more indebted to you, who’ve stayed for your kindness and understanding. We hope the initial savings you had at the beginning (the final prices will be multifold higher) coupled with the time savings from the precision trim will begin to makeup for the time it took to perfect this product, and ultimately restore your excitement to when you finally receive these.

Sincerest Regards,

Joe Beaudoin Jr.

Product Development Manager

Hey guys first post in this forum I’ve been following this thread though for about 6 months hopping someone else had gotten it or had any news. I preordered mine the first couple months you could and my mom got it for me as my bday present and she was excited that I could do it while I’m finishing up school at home. I feel terrible telling her every month that they’ve pushed it back or not given any update at all but I only have 1 more semester left and I’m pretty mad at anovos. How many others are going to cancel their orders because I think im going to in the next couple of weeks but I wish there was something we could do even legally that would pressure them. Also does anyone know if kb props is a reliable or accurate choice because I’m now looking at other options.

Also sorry for this being so long and everyone in this forum seems like nice real Star Wars fans so just letting you know there’s others out there that are just as mad as you.

-sean 

Well I didn’t even see the post above mine when I was writing that out lol. But so when they say “and another month to fine tune (where we are now)“ but then “We will then send out successive waves with aimed completion before Celebration 2019.”  Does this mean it will start shipping out next month or by April of 2019?

Hey guys first post in this forum I’ve been following this thread though for about 6 months hopping someone else had gotten it or had any news. I preordered mine the first couple months you could and my mom got it for me as my bday present and she was excited that I could do it while I’m finishing up school at home. I feel terrible telling her every month that they’ve pushed it back or not given any update at all but I only have 1 more semester left and I’m pretty mad at anovos. How many others are going to cancel their orders because I think im going to in the next couple of weeks but I wish there was something we could do even legally that would pressure them. Also does anyone know if kb props is a reliable or accurate choice because I’m now looking at other options.

Also sorry for this being so long and everyone in this forum seems like nice real Star Wars fans so just letting you know there’s others out there that are just as mad as you.
-sean 

Even though I cancelled my order I still got the letter from Anovos. My only question was isn’t the metal molds what they were transferring to last September?

Take a look at Diversity Props.

https://www.diversityprops.com

https://www.facebook.com/DiversityProps/

Here, I got this. Tony, especially, since you delved so hard during your Beta build (or was it Alpha?), I want your evaluation of improvements. I see many, but my eye isn't as practiced as yours...

New chest:

44761012372_eaa05e269a_z.jpg

Is this the new underchest?

44810544921_3a0b27be18_z.jpg

New back:

44761014002_31f70d4325_z.jpg

44810540971_209425cfbf_z.jpg

New forearm and forearm box:

44810540611_8c0949decb_z.jpg

44810544351_4fb21db8f3_z.jpg

44810539861_7cd77cc968_z.jpg

Part of the new bicep -- looks like they got the "steps" much better:

44761011432_71c937a74d_z.jpg

New spat? Pulled as one piece?

44761017902_5a44690b70_z.jpg

New groin:

44761015542_15c2eb7bcd_z.jpg

New butt:

44761016832_219b8937be_z.jpg

New kidney:

44810542581_fbd44e8e00_z.jpg

New knee:

44810539001_4ed29d4344_z.jpg

Pretty sure this is a thigh:

44810543411_8898b2c25d_z.jpg

And I feel like this is the inside piece for the bicep:

44810542171_febbefbf85_z.jpg

Edited by Peregrinus

“In addition to that, you will now have the ability to use the provided armor to tailor your build to either The Last Jedi or The Force Awakens style armor.”

What’s the difference aside from the mask and the shoulder ? Is their more ? I tried to google didn’t really work if some one could simplify this would be cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beta.

Man this armor is crisp. Lines are very clean. Looks a bit different than TFA type and more like TLJ.

The negative, sorry Anovos. As been expected the yoke (back and shoulders) are separate from the inner chest. That means filler and painting work will be needed, if you want to hit the higher levels of approval. Unless they have some hidden spec on how to assemble, this area the outer chest will not cover this seam I'm afraid. 

The positive, the FISD has a few build threads to guide the way :duim: 

• Like 2

Looks a lot crisper, still not sure how these are supposed to be built without the use of bondo and paint, just tape them together :laugh1:

Incidently I could never get a straight answer from Anovos in regards to them claiming no paint or Bondi would be required.

I do like that chest under section though drool

Just now, gmrhodes13 said:

Looks a lot crisper, still not sure how these are supposed to be built without the use of Bondi and paint, just tape them together :laugh1:

I do like that chest under section though drool

They can't if you want L3

White gaffers tape? It worked for OTTK s right lol :laugh1:

1 hour ago, Ensi said:

And probably thin as hell..

PVgWnWE.jpg

Well unfortunately something will be sacrificed with vacuum forming, high details or quality. Not even RS or TM have details like this. 

2 hours ago, snorcross11 said:

Well I didn’t even see the post above mine when I was writing that out lol. But so when they say “and another month to fine tune (where we are now)“ but then “We will then send out successive waves with aimed completion before Celebration 2019.”  Does this mean it will start shipping out next month or by April of 2019?

I am assuming shipping next month with all orders shipped by Celebration (provided no more slipping). One more month might be OK to wait, but Celebration is 7 more months away... 

I know it’s not much but I just finished chatting with a customer service supervisor on another issue and he said not much longer. Hopefully he is correct and at least it wasn’t the typical, I don’t know anything.