ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

So.... in anticipation of more disappointment. Does anyone have any leads on anyone else selling these kits? I am ready to move past this. I want to start trooping and enough is enough.

I would like a bit more info on this if you do find something please. I think I want my money back as well from anovos I just still don’t get how they can make other items and costumes for Star Trek ect. And still not finish the thin piece of plastic ? It must be super difficult then to do this I’m guessing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is the nail in the coffin for me. Will definitely be looking elsewhere.

This is from the Better Business Bureau

Pattern of Complaint
This company moved from the service area of BBB Wisconsin (BBBW) into the service area of BBB of the Tri-Counties (BBBTC) in early 2017. BBBTC began publishing this report on this company on 2/16/17.

According to BBBW, on January 27th, 2016, the BBB sent a certified letter to ANOVOS Productions due to a pattern of consumer concerns received by BBB from consumers. In the complaints, consumers advised that they had not received their orders.

On March 14th, 2016 the BBB sent a certified follow up letter to the company after receiving no response to the initial letter.

As of March 28th, 2016 the BBB has not received a response or phone call to the pattern of complaints.

So my question to all of you is, if enough of us banded together and all canceled on the same day would that make enough of an impact to send a message to them. It will at least hurt their bottom line.

The issue would be that those here on the forums and throughout the legion only make up a part of their sales, many more unsuspecting members of the public have also ordered from them.

Yes everyone here could cancel their orders, would it impact Anovos, I’d think it would at least in a small way, but I’d suggest their answer would only be to sell the overstocked kits at a reduced price to get rid of them once they finally have them.

Who really knows what is going on in Anovos, who is telling the truth and why is it taking so long to supply. Sure there’s lots of excuses but when you can supply other products then what’s the problem.

Its definitely not doing their company name much good the way they are going, you’d think anyone with a Disney licence would try to do better.

Its flip a coin time, hang in there and wait some more or cancel and go elsewhere, but even that can be fraught with danger ;) 

I really wanted to go with Anovos. Actually had the armor in my cart with the card information filled. Then I just let the deadline pass. There are other options out there. Not as many as we would like for FOTK but they exist. About to submit mine in a week or so when I finish a few things.

Happy to share what I know over PM.

• Like 1

If anyone here is aware of EFX's insane delays (4 years) with the Biker Scout LE helmet, it came to a point where many members of another forum emailed the Disney/Lucasfilm licensing folks all at the same time back in February. This actually seemed to have some impact as the licensing folks replied to those emails and then all of the sudden the helmets amazingly started shipping from the production point not long after. Maybe the same needs to happen here with Anovos?

Below is the contact information that was posted back then, snipped together into one place for reference.

Lucasfilm manages the rights to films, television shows, and documentaries based on the Star Wars saga and the Indiana Jones trilogy, as well as Tucker: The Man and His Dream and Willow. Requests related to those properties should be directed to:
Christopher Holm
Ph:
(415) 623-1938
chris.holm@lucasfilm.com
-----------------------------------------------------

Head of Lucasfilm Licensing: howard.roffman@lucasfilm.com

---------------------------------------------------------------

Most people received a reply from Stacy.Barninger@disney.com, who is stated to be the contact person for the Disney/LF -> EFX relationship. Might be the same for Anovos since they're making similar products, but who knows?

If anyone here is aware of EFX's insane delays (4 years) with the Biker Scout LE helmet, it came to a point where many members of another forum emailed the Disney/Lucasfilm licensing folks all at the same time back in February. This actually seemed to have some impact as the licensing folks replied to those emails and then all of the sudden the helmets amazingly started shipping from the production point not long after. Maybe the same needs to happen here with Anovos?

Below is the contact information that was posted back then, snipped together into one place for reference.

Lucasfilm manages the rights to films, television shows, and documentaries based on the Star Wars saga and the Indiana Jones trilogy, as well as Tucker: The Man and His Dream and Willow. Requests related to those properties should be directed to:
Christopher Holm
Ph: (415) 623-1938
chris.holm@lucasfilm.com -----------------------------------------------------   Head of Lucasfilm Licensing: howard.roffman@lucasfilm.com   ---------------------------------------------------------------   Most people received a reply from Stacy.Barninger@disney.com, who is stated to be the contact person for the Disney/LF -> EFX relationship. Might be the same for Anovos since they're making similar products, but who knows?

This is a great idea. How many on here would be willing to get behind doing this?

Nice !!!! What to say ?? So much to say lol

LOL, Here is the letter I drafted up for it.

Chris,

I am writing you to bring to your attention the continuing issues that Anovos has had in delivering their First Order Armor. I purchased this back in November of 2016 with a suspected ship date of September of 2017. I talked to Anovos in July at D23 and was assured the armor was on schedule to be delivered. Around the first of September a letter came out from them stating that the dies they were using to pull the armor was giving out after a few pieces were made and that they needed to create a metal mold for it. That the ship date would be moved to around November 2017. Naturally I was frustrated mostly because this kind of problem should have been found months before instead of a month from the delivery deadline. Though I was glad they were trying to make a superior product. November came and another letter was sent out stating that they were seeing continuing problems but they were changing factories in China and everything should go smoother. That the ship date would be spring of 2018. Well spring came this year another letter with it stating that everything was on target for a summer release. Should start shipping out in June/July. Well that has come and gone. When I contact them through their online chat service all I or any one on the whitearmor.net message board gets is that they don’t know anything and they should be shipping out end of summer. I have contacted them monthly since the first delay to try to get an update and they refuse to give any details. Last night from prompting from my wife I went to look at the Better Business Bureau and it was not pretty, please see below for what is posted on their site regarding them. I know Disney is super customer focused and wanted to bring this to your attention since Anovos is licensed by you to make these. Any help you can provide in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you far taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,

Gavin Black

775-830-5642
Pattern of Complaint
This company moved from the service area of BBB Wisconsin (BBBW) into the service area of BBB of the Tri-Counties (BBBTC) in early 2017. BBBTC began publishing this report on this company on 2/16/17.

According to BBBW, on January 27th, 2016, the BBB sent a certified letter to ANOVOS Productions due to a pattern of consumer concerns received by BBB from consumers. In the complaints, consumers advised that they had not received their orders.

On March 14th, 2016 the BBB sent a certified follow up letter to the company after receiving no response to the initial letter.

As of March 28th, 2016 the BBB has not received a response or phone call to the pattern of complaints.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/simi-valley/profile/online-shopping/anovos-productions-llc-1236-92020359/details#Pattern-of-Complaint

I don't have a horse in the race because I cancelled all ANOVOS orders a while ago, but I would highly recommend not making this a 501st thing. If people want to complain, that's their choice, but a large 501st-driven complaint campaign might not have entirely positive effects. There are already a lot of fan campaigns out there ("Fire Rian Johnson", "Remake The Last Jedi", "Fire Kathleen Kennedy", etc) so I think this should be simply customers complaining about the retailer and not come off like yet another sect of fandom who "demands" action. So I would remove references to whitearmor.net and also encourage people to write their own note and keep it more personal.

Just my thought on it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, camprandall said:

I don't have a horse in the race because I cancelled all ANOVOS orders a while ago, but I would highly recommend not making this a 501st thing. If people want to complain, that's their choice, but a large 501st-driven complaint campaign might not have entirely positive effects. There are already a lot of fan campaigns out there ("Fire Rian Johnson", "Remake The Last Jedi", "Fire Kathleen Kennedy", etc) so I think this should be simply customers complaining about the retailer and not come off like yet another sect of fandom who "demands" action. So I would remove references to whitearmor.net and also encourage people to write their own note and keep it more personal.

Just my thought on it.

Very wise advice - thanks Clint for adding this.

• Like 1

I placed my pre-order way back in 2016 (I think?) and have been waiting patiently. There are other kits out there but they are not as accurate (softer details, hand sculpts etc.) so I've been waiting it out. I fully expect them to delay these kits as they have been sending emails on several products recently - sounds like something happened overseas and they are having to start over here in the USA.

I've stopped worrying about it, I have my ANH TK to troop in, when I get an actual shipping notice from ANOVOS I'll go order the rest of the stuff I need and start building, hopefully before Episode IX.

And I fully agree with Clint. Be careful though, if a bunch of people start complaining Disney could also just pull their license and then nobody gets anything ever (paranoid maybe,  yes, but possible).

• Like 2

I don't know about a coordinated 501st cancelation, but I had a very good experience with the inital TK run early 2016 which got me into the 501st.

That said I feel like I am being lied to about this one and personally the more it drags on and I have to keep aware of its progress the less I am looking forward to this.

Our garrison only has I think 1 FOTK and I have only seen it out once. I am starting some other OT costumes and will cancel this if they delay it again since my frustration with dealing with anovos about this has outweighed the fun I will have putting this together. I will also stop watching/following anovos for any additional new things they come out with.

• Like 1

Unfortunately what Anovos or any other armor manufacture does can not be control by the 501st, FISD or any other costume club and/or their detachments. The only control we have is whether to recommend them or not,

• Like 1

Unfortunately what Anovos or any other armor manufacture does can not be control by the 501st, FISD or any other costume club and/or their detachments. The only control we have is whether to recommend them or not,

I totally agree and didn’t intend to come across that way. Though I would think that the majority of folks buying things like armor would be getting them to find a group to troop with.

I don’t think an outright ban from any group regarding any product is a good idea. Though I think issues like this should be well addressed and highly visible so people can understand what they might be getting into. Then make the decision for themselves if they want to do business with that company or individual.

I would wager that there are far more people buying TKs from Anovos that are not trooping than are, plenty of people buy them for cosplaying or to put in their mancaves/theater rooms.

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 3

At the end of the day, one of our primary goals is information transparency.  As Tony rightfully noted it's not a detachment's place nor charter to promote or denigrate one maker or another.  It is our job to ensure that people have transparent and accurate information from which to make their own choices.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Reno_Geek said:

I totally agree and didn’t intend to come across that way. Though I would think that the majority of folks buying things like armor would be getting them to find a group to troop with.

I don’t think an outright ban from any group regarding any product is a good idea. Though I think issues like this should be well addressed and highly visible so people can understand what they might be getting into. Then make the decision for themselves if they want to do business with that company or individual.

No worries. As Brien stated a high % of Anovos sales are probably completed outside the watchful eye of those who would actually warn potential buyers, hence another reason to get people plugged into the FISD ASAP.   

20 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

I would wager that there are far more people buying TKs from Anovos that are not trooping than are, plenty of people buy them for cosplaying or to put in their mancaves/theater rooms.

Agreed

It's really quite simple.   If you want the facts and highly researched and correct line of information, FISD is the perfect answer.

More experience here than anywhere else in the universe.

• Like 2

One of the things that frustrates me is ANOVOS' former transparency getting squelched by Disney. The latter objected to the former being so up-front about specific goings-on. Said to stop being public about internal business matters...

Me, I think Disney objected to the fact that, unlike with their other licensed offerings, with Star Wars ANOVOS was running into a much more micromanaging and nitpicky licensor. I remember how many of the early products' holdups were Disney dinging the packaging, requiring safety checks on everything -- including said packaging -- and so on. And every time they had to redo or rework something, it had to go to Disney for approval every step of the way. I can see the back-and-forth to China getting positively Sisyphian. And, frankly, kinda making Disney look like the bad guy.

With their Star Trek and BSG stuff, it's still a lot more uncomplicated. They say they want to do a thing, the licensor grants access for research and reference, ANOVOS comes back with a thing, and the licensor says "cool -- release it". *sigh*

I am sticking with my preorder. I know it'll arrive at some point. Meantime, I have plenty to work on, I've been accumulating accessories and materials for the FOTK, and I have several of ANOVOS' Trek offerings on pre-order.

Edited by Peregrinus
  • Like 1

I just got this email from Anovos - 

Hello Ryan

This is Reggie from ANOVOS with new information about your order #ANOVOS-XXXXX for the STAR WARS™: First Order Rank Pauldron.  The production of these items has been completed this season. The final approvals are currently in process and we are awaiting notification from our manufacturer as to when these pauldrons will be loaded upon a ship to be delivered to us, a journey that may take several weeks. As it is unlikely that these items will arrive to our Fulfillment Center prior to the end of the Summer season due to this transit time, this ensemble is currently on track to ship Fall 2018. Once I have a firm date that shipping to customers will begin, I will notify you in a separate update.

We found that moving projects to different manufacturers has improved our ability to provide a full range of items to customers this season. This upcoming season has promised to be our opportunity to finish these outstanding projects and continue to move forward with a number of other wonderful items that are planned for release in the coming year. We sincerely appreciate that you continue to stand with us as we move forward. Thank you for being an ANOVOS customer!

As your Customer Supply Liaison it is my goal to ensure each and every one of our customers are kept up-to-date on the progress of their orders. I will continue to monitor the progress of this production run and update you if any new details arise in regards to your order.

Sincerely, 

Reggie Scott
Customer Supply Liaison
Edited by ultravtec757

Anovos Rep...

“Hello,

There is an update coming I'm told this week since we are behind in getting it out also I have no reason to think it is another delay.

Thank you for your time and patience.”

Could these words be truth ?!?! No more delays whoa hope slowly coming back ! Lol