ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

I HAVE RECEIVED MINE!  THE WAIT IS OVER!  I don't know what I was expecting, I guess a set more like the troopers at Disney, hence why I ordered the premier kit, but the parts shipped seem flimsier than expected for the smaller pieces.  To be fair, I have not even unpacked or begun trimming/assembly, but I did ask DN if they'd shipped the premier parts.  Apparently the body parts are the same - the only thing that make a kit premier is the helmet?

Is that a Denuo Novo thing, or did the original Anovos order list different body armor material and quality as well as the helmet?  (Have not yet received Premier Helmet - TBD on production delivery of those.  Luckily, i have a non-premier FO helmet I can use in meantime... assuming I can figure out eh 80-page assembly book.  ;-)  time to start perusing this site in earnest and stop "lurking"!

Again - first time owner & builder of any prop armor, so it could be all good and when I trim, assemble and so forth it will appear more formidable, but for now, it seems flimsier than I would have imagined. 

Denuo Novo FO kit pic.jpg

• Like 1

Great news, I would say the flimsiness is due to the change in supplier, thickness of plastic they have used and how they have vac formed the pieces. I feel just by the looks of the armor on screen that it doesn't appear to be quire as thick as the early kits but without getting my hands on one I can't confirm.

Premier helmet is a lot heavier than the plastic version, I have both and my premier is only for display, with a bad neck the weight doesn't help at all.

They had problems with the premier helmets in the beginning, I believe because of how they were held in the boxes, here was a strip of wood inside the opening of the helmet, the helmet would move slightly and cracks would appear in the openings, hopefully they have addressed this as they were made aware of the issue.

4 hours ago, TheSwede said:

At long last…this will be a day long remembered….:happyandcheerfulbirthday:

az6fq5Z.jpg

qr6A5y9.jpg

Great to see Dan, looking forward to seeing your build :D 

• Like 1

Just to darn expensive, specially for internationals with poor exchange rates and high freight even with the discount.

• 2 weeks later...

Update 6th September 2022

Well 3 months on and I have actually received by replacement WHITE pauldron, now take note of the word WHITE  :6:

20220906_064656.thumb.jpg.ddc923db58089915c9937adb18bcb1ea.jpg

I'm just sitting here stunned over the color mistake, overall the pauldron is better and I don't know if I can be bothered dealing with them any further over wrong color, I'll think over the next few days.

What a difference (not just the color) but the finish compared to this piece of poodoo. Maybe some won't mind the ridges and lines but it's definitely not what they show on their website. Still haven't arranged any info in regards to having this one sent back, will see what happens. 

Ridges.jpg

All I can say is buyer beware, I hope over time they improve and can become a consistent supplier of costumes to the Star Wars community.

It does warm the heart to see so many images of people receiving their BBB's of armor, an end is in sight, hang in their peeps, not much longer to go.

• Like 3

We should be seeing the 2nd round of kits going out, if you aren't contacted and have a kit on preorder get it touch with them asap

stock.png.7b477713be996341c885b53b381e3262.png

• Like 2

I contacted them last year and they said they would make sure my order would be fulfilled. I sent them a recent message just in case to make sure they have my order number and info. They replied and told  they didn't have my shipping info but located my order number. So fingers crossed they will ship that out soon. Nice to see other people getting their goods. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bulldog44 said:

I contacted them last year and they said they would make sure my order would be fulfilled. I sent them a recent message just in case to make sure they have my order number and info. They replied and told  they didn't have my shipping info but located my order number. So fingers crossed they will ship that out soon. Nice to see other people getting their goods. 

Fingers crossed for you, hope you see something soon

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 5:24 PM, Sly11 said:

Hope it's not too far away Brian!

Cheers. Even if it does show up I need to have my folks ship it to me in Japan. Just might have to wait until I visit home next year. I guess another year to have it in hands won't kill me at this point. LOL. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, lithiumus said:

c3b66e71430d71bdb7bb35a785774a8c.jpg

So these are the wrist lower forearm pieces. Its been a while but I dont see this version for TFA or TLJ… do these need to be corrected to pass CRL?

Ultimately that decision will come down to your GML (garrison membership liaison) and how they intemperate the CRL. Personally I don't think that will be picked, there are other more obvious areas I would think would be looked at ;) 

For TFA the top plate is glued with the front section free to fit your hand through. Also has two angle pieces to support at the front

gallery_18732_81_1257639.thumb.png.75d112b7c64743686449d7908eceeb3d.png

For TLJ/TROS there are built a little differently and have a zipper down the center with elastic and under the top are angles 

untitledggggg.png.0b8f45ac5456145a66a06fc33ff605bb.png

The pill box and picatinny rail are separate too

untitled6.png.bdc05a134ed88f40626f0e1729b63d14.png

You could reach out to our @Deployment Officer Team for L2 and L3 requirements.

I just got by BBB last Tuesday, also without shipping notice. I had, however, gotten an e-mail from DN a week or so earlier requesting confirmation of my shipping address. Since they took over a year ago, I've seen quite a few people receive their orders not too long after that happens. The wait was excruciating, though. I am also building mine as a TFA, got a replacement codplate for such, and am pleased the forearms are more TFA than TLJ. Now all I'm waiting for is the helmet, and hoping the person I was going to swap with still has his Anovos Standard TFA.

I remember when Anovos said they weren't happy with the sharpness of the early pulls and started from scratch to make inversion-forming dies (with the plastic getting sucked into a concave form, rather than over a convex one). The later test pulls they showed seemed to be in agreement with that. What I got in my box mostly looks like it was pulled the old-fashioned way. Even have some mild webbing on some of the wastage areas, which wouldn't be a thing if it was pulled into a form. A couple pieces look like they might've been inversion-formed, but most look like they were pulled over regular bucks. The pillslots and separation seams in the chestplate seem particularly soft, compared to the movie suits. Makes me wonder what manufacturing assets Denuo Novo got for these...

Overall, I'm happy... I wish the ab and belt boxes were plastic rather than resin, but I can work with this. I can cut the holster bracket portion off the base and attach my R2dan parts. But the detonator is too chonk. I'm gonna have to break out a paddle bit and core that sucker out. On the flip side, since I'm building this up as Captain Cardinal, I might ditch the det, since Phasma didn't have one under her cape, IIRC. The thing sticks out pretty substantially.

Does anyone know if a set of hollowcast rubber gaskets are ever going to be made again? The cloth ones are nice, but not accurate enough for my blood.

@griffonknight, both the Portland and Seattle Garrisons are pretty big and active and helpful. Seattle in particular recently did a big group build of the FOTK, so there are some experienced hands around when you're ready to wade into this thing. I'm up in the Seattle area, as well, and would also be happy to assist if need be. Welcome. :)

@lithimus, when Anovos changed it from TFA to TLJ on the fly, I sourced and got a TFA codplate from KC. He had a brain fart and forgot he'd sent it to me and another one arrived on my doorstep a couple months later. Since I only need one, would you like the spare? It's just the plate itself. It doesn't have the upper stepped connector tab to attach to the ab plate. Shouldn't take major skill to cut the tab off the DN piece and do some work with scrap plastic to mount it to the TFA one...

2 hours ago, Peregrinus said:

.But the detonator is too chonk. I'm gonna have to break out a paddle bit and core that sucker out. On the flip side, since I'm building this up as Captain Cardinal, I might ditch the det, since Phasma didn't have one under her cape, IIRC. The thing sticks out pretty substantially.

Great to hear you finaly got your armor, way overdue.

You may want to still do the detonator for Cardinal as the LMO's may reference the black series figure which has a detonator as there are no other back images.

Screenshot_20221009_192011.thumb.jpg.bc64d67277d57ebfb30a51274d006c44.jpg

Phasma has a detonator in the TLJ version, no references of one from TFA though to my knowledge.

• Like 1

I'll get the det hollowed out, then, and rig a routine-detachable setup so I can pop it on when needs be, and leave it off the rest of the time. Last big question: Do Teresa's "latex-looking" gaskets meet the higher standards? I don't expect there to ever be a Centurion level for Cardinal, but I'd still like to make my costume to the highest standard I can.

Currently Rubber gaskets are only required for Centurion, and we aren't inclined to change that.

Latex look for EI would be no issue at all.

There are a couple of rubber gasket makers around still which may ramp up a little if demand increases now DN are shipping out kits a plenty.

Cardinal is based around the TFA era so armour construction would be the same.

I can't see a reason why the initial Cardinal CRL can't have Centurion elements considering it is close to the standard FOTK, so anything that aligns at that level really should be included :)

The following are TFA TK Centurion requirements, of which all would meet Cardinal for centurion in details as the novel state,s he was issued his armour by Brendol Hux, it wasn't custom made like Phasma so a standard issue armour although in the red colour makes the most sense.

The cape due to lack of real reference would not have enough to require anything above basic. Conflicting references don't help matters at all as some have silver trim and the Book image doesn't.

Neck seal

Chest plate side groves

Support tabs for shoulders

Bicep Trap details

Fore arms

Glove palms

Gaskets

Ab box seams

Shinny shorts

Thigh seams

• 3 weeks later...

For the price they are selling these for, I would expect better.

That chin isn't the correct shape either, needs to come to a sharper point to better match the lower line of the beak.

Hopefully the delivered product is better than this image portrays.

• 2 weeks later...