ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

Been sitting on this news for a while, waiting on the official announcement, but word on the proverbial street is that this is legit, and that part of NECA taking over Anovos' license will be to either fulfill or 'make right' any pending orders before beginning new projects. There is hope. My guess is "interest list" and "pre-order" items are a no, but if they were formally "sold" and have your money, hopefully it will be fulfilled. Curious if they'll have access to Anovos molds or the same manufacturers. I actually really like the majority of their products, they just had bad business practices. Rubies reputation isn't stellar for quality, but they have the infrastructure and experience that Anovos was lacking. Fingers crossed they do right. The name is pretty funny tho XD

https://www.denuonovo.com/pages/about-us

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 3

Really hope they do actually fulfill previously paid orders. I sort of gave up on ever getting my money back so if this works out it will be a nice surprise. Not holding my breath though until I start hearing news of orders reaching customer doorsteps. 

• Like 1

Well it is what it is... Another year 2022... :')'A new hope?' or 'Empire strikes back?'... I kinda lost interest with the First order... But we shall see if it rekindles... Or might just trade it off for whatever Instock store credit they have of any Instock item

Screenshot_2021-08-19-07-41-38-733_com.google.android.gm.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilsoncai said:

Well it is what it is... Another year 2022... :')'A new hope?' or 'Empire strikes back?'... I kinda lost interest with the First order... But we shall see if it rekindles... Or might just trade it off for whatever Instock store credit they have of any Instock item

Screenshot_2021-08-19-07-41-38-733_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Next year?  Sure whatever.  We’ve waited 5 so far, what’s one more?  I agree it’d be really nice to finally get my kit, but definitely not holding my breath either.
 I too wonder if they’re gonna use the original molds that are shown in the ANOVOS assembly instructions   or if they’re going to use more screen accurate chest plate and yoke pieces.  Either way we’ll at least have something to show for our patience (if we get them).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone recall or find the one update where they said all kits were now going to be pre-trimmed since we waited so long?

I seen this on denuonovo.com as I could not access Anovos.com

image.thumb.png.73a73b2a0ca00c379049906c5287f575.png

I did just now find this from 9/20/2018

image.png.2d9b5c4cf850328c08052708d62a2e35.png

Wouldn't that added extra and wording promise be then included in what we ordered ?

I would hate for people to settle for something not promised.

Edited by Trace
updated information

• 3 months later...

I will be excited when I see the post coming in by our members, stating their purchases have been shipped.

Then and only then will I will feel a glimmer of hope that this company is heading in the right direction.

In looking at some of their existing products the prices will probably be a LOT higher than Anovos.  For instance, if someone from the RL was looking to do a Han costume, the jacket, shirt, pants and vest alone would be over $2,700.00.  Seriously? 

The prices of the various buckets run from $600-700.  Way high IMO so this doesn't bode well for a full set of armor, and they may price themselves out of the market.

• Like 1

Wasn’t the Anovos-helmets priced pretty much at the $600-700 mark as well?  

Armor-wise I’m pretty sure it will be the $1000 range it was before.  

Anyway, all I’m really bothered with is us getting our armor we are owed:icon_beg: 

3 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Anyway, all I’m really bothered with is us getting our armor we are owed:icon_beg: 

I certainly hope you get your purchase brother, in fact I really hope everyone gets what they are owed, more than anything.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2021 at 7:17 AM, TheSwede said:

The Anovos standard line FOTK helmet was $250. I don't recall what the premium version was but it seems like all the Denuo Novo helmets are the premium versions. 

• 2 weeks later...

StormtrooperKit_480x.jpg?v=1645655268

https://www.denuonovo.com/products/star-wars-the-force-awakens-first-order-stormtrooper-standard-kit-pre-order

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQViV7zaCAu2HeJVdXpyE

It's part of their conditions of taking over the license that they can't sell these until they fulfill all backorders, and so far they've been good on that. The fact that this is up on their site is very encouraging and I know they've said they were trying to get these out in Q1. That said, it says TFA armor... and is definitely showing TLJ... so I have concerns. But it's something!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

It's part of their conditions of taking over the license that they can't sell these until they fulfill all backorders, and so far they've been good on that. The fact that this is up on their site is very encouraging and I know they've said they were trying to get these out in Q1. That said, it says TFA armor... and is definitely showing TLJ... so I have concerns. But it's something!

Rubies, not known for their accuracy ;)

• 1 month later...

I sorta figured there would be clear and accurate reportage on here. But to boil it down to the essentials. NECA bought Rubies when they went bankrupt, and all the new Rubies stuff since then has been under that umbrella. They got the Star Wars portion of Anovos' licensing when Disney/LFL didn't let them renew, due to all the legal crap and unfulfilled orders. Rather than stick it under the Rubies brand (which has had some pretty good offerings, like their Supreme Edition Royal Guard helmet), NECA created "Rubies II" specifically to create Denuo Novo under. Yes, it sounds like Anovos, because they got the assets LFL had given to Anovos and the production materials Anovos had developed, and are being made States-side at the Macallan, Texas, facility Anovos set up, probably by the same employees. They also got all the outstanding-order info.

They said in their initial e-mail that they'd be trying to start fulfilling backorders in September, but people started getting the helmets they'd ordered before the end of August. The stuff that was in interrupted production or already had stock on-hand was the first to go out. Things that required actual manufacture or post-processing were projected to take longer. I reached out to them early to enquire about my FOTK ensemble and, at that time, they said they were hoping for early 2022. I asked for an update somewhere during the holiday season, and they'd refined that to Q1 or Q2. About two days before the pre-order listing went up on their site, I had asked for any new info, as we were well into Q1, and was told as early in Q2 as they could manage. From the way things were phrased, I feel they're hoping to have armor kits shipping by May the Fourth.

There are some compromises for speed. While the pieces will be cut apart, there will be flashing still, so it'll be up to the customer to do final cleanup. The arm and leg gaskets are included, but the rep who was answering my pestering wasn't sure of the type and method, but thought it was the same as the earlier Anovos ones, so figure solid rubber ribbing, with all the stiffness that entails. I suggested doing the "hollowcast" rubber style some fan makers have done, and they forwarded that to the property coordinator, but that likely won't be for this initial wave. No neckseal or gloves or boots included in the armor kit. But for those of us who ordered the complete ensemble back in the day, we are still going to be sent the TLJ helmet that will be coming out (they project) this fall. I asked about the TFA version, but they said LFL/Disney had only authorized the TLJ.

So far, Royal Guard, Din Djarin, Shore Trooper, Flametrooper, and Luke Skywalker helmets have shipped. The Blue Leader and Rey's scavenged X-Wing helmets are due to follow shortly. We have rough to fine projections for several other items, but no, it's not all clear sailing. They have no projection yet for the apparently-cursed Kylo ensemble. And yes, after our outstanding orders are filled, any new purchases will be at the new, not-made-in-China-and-with-supplies-procured-during-the-pandemic prices. I certainly have noticed the drastic increase in the cost of raw materials over the last couple years. I do not expect them to be somehow magically immune. And before pointing to unlicensed vendors' prices, remember that key word -- license. Anyone who's been paying attention knows just how usurous Disney and Star Wars licenses are. I don't even want to think how steep the combined beast is. Remember what happened to Icons and Master Replicas and the PropShop, all the trouble eFX and Anovos had/are having, and how quickly Museum Replicas shed the license when they had it.

I'm going to, hopefully, keep supporting Denuo Novo -- but not until I have my FOTK ensemble in-hand.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

The first transport has arrived! Changed one of the FOTK kits into 3 neckseals and 2 pauldrons, neckseals were first to arrive and actually within the timeframe given:)

All is not lost and hope is yet again restored!
5MvGZDO.jpg

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 3

Great news, good to hear you at least received something for your money.

What has struck me as odd is Anovos had supplied FOTK's but obviously with money and manufacturing issues they could not supply the rest of the orders, I would think though the molds and bases of the costumes would have passed onto DN, but they seem to be concentrating on other items, god knows who'd be buying those though. 

I hope others see a resolution to their outstanding orders soon.

• Like 1

The FOTK is said to ship no later than June so fingers crossed and as you say, more likely than not the Anovos molds are now in DN hands. Would be very surprising if that was not the case. Anyway, they seem to follow through on everything they have said so far so I’m pretty confident the FOs will start to ship as well:) But there’s always that off chance my feeling don’t serve me right…I have been known to make mistakes…from time to time…:P

• Like 1