ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

Did any one know about this ? I wrote to them and this is what they said but I didn’t know this info.

————————————————————

Thank you for your question about your Pre-order availability status of the Stormtrooper armor. For your convenience product availability updates have been provided here.

So you are aware, we are still in the process of negotiating to get our molds from our Chinese mfg so we can start production at our Texas factory. Although our non-essential manufacturing facilities in Texas are now able to operate at 50% capacity, the previous months' long full shutdown from China then our US factory shutdown has resulted in extremely delayed manufacturing times for our products here and abroad. We hope to have production ready by the end of the year, but we cannot currently guarantee specific availability dates for any pre-order products as our production capacity is severely affected by our State's non-essential manufacturing restrictions. As soon as our state authorities allow us to resume full normal operations, we will provide you with more comprehensive dates, until then we will continue to follow mandates so we can make it through this crisis together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would think as recasters have shown, they can make new molds (it would cost of course, but reading above doesn't sound like they are going to get them anytime this year). Haven't heard anything from the lawsuit that was filed a while back. 

4 hours ago, LTM said:

You would think as recasters have shown, they can make new molds (it would cost of course, but reading above doesn't sound like they are going to get them anytime this year). Haven't heard anything from the lawsuit that was filed a while back. 

The Lawsuit removed Disney and CBS and Lucasfilm and is going ahead against Anovos since Anovos was unable to provide an valid excuse to dismiss the case. The 501st subreddit has updates on it time to time. Most recent update I think was April/May.

4 hours ago, Blasty said:

The Lawsuit removed Disney and CBS and Lucasfilm and is going ahead against Anovos since Anovos was unable to provide an valid excuse to dismiss the case. The 501st subreddit has updates on it time to time. Most recent update I think was April/May.

RPF seems to be the best place for lawsuit updates.

'According to the case docs it runs thru ADR atm. https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/15719420/richard-dalton-v-anovos-productions-llc/ . document 71 and 72 are the latest update there from mid-june. I keep my eyes om it even though i wom't get anything if they are getting hammered due to wrong side of the pond. I wonder what happens at the ADR if it happens....

Seen several people getting the AT-AT driver helmets they ordered a couple years ago. And I and someone else I know just got our shipping invoices today for the Picard "Darmok" jackets we ordered a couple years ago. The Royal Guard helmets are shipping now, too, from the couple people I've seen receiving them. And the second wave of Din Djarin Mandalorian helmets seem to be in production now, too.

They claim they're trying to move all production States-side. The things they are making/finishing/have moved here seem to be the ones that are shipping. They say there are delays getting the steel dies for the FOTKs from China, and, knowing how things are borked coming from there, I'm actually inclined to believe it. I'm pretty sure a large chunk of early production went to Disney to dress Rise of the Resistance before all this happened and they expected to be able to get more made and moving without too much more of a delay. I also know everyone I know who works there (or has ever worked for Disney or LFL) is working under about this many NDA's:

Post-It Man - Halloween Costume Contest at Costume-Works_com.jpg

With the hold up with court cases, the not being able to get China molds released and refunds they appear to be in a bad way financially, although able to supply some pieces. Its a shame as former 501st members they would be aware of the community, need for armor and suppliers not supplying. Its just a shame for many who put their faith in them. Having an early set (charlie) of FOTK armor I can say that communication way back then was still bad, again if they came straight and have realistic dates and info I'm sure although annoying people would be happier. I would purchase another set if only they could supply.

That's the thing, so many people *want* to throw money at them for their stuff, and they can't be bothered to communicate what's actually going on...  That's always been my biggest issue with any of the vendors I have used, is the lack of good communication...  If they say I will be waiting 6 months to a year when I order, then I know that up front and can plan accordingly.  If you tell me 4-6 weeks and it turns into 6 months to a year, I will be pissed, cause I assumed you could fill your order in the 4-6 week time period...  I know it's "normal" in the costuming world, but it shouldn't be!

The first shop/business that actually communicates well, has a good product and delivers on time will make a ton of money!  LOL!

Seen several people getting the AT-AT driver helmets they ordered a couple years ago. And I and someone else I know just got our shipping invoices today for the Picard "Darmok" jackets we ordered a couple years ago. The Royal Guard helmets are shipping now, too, from the couple people I've seen receiving them. And the second wave of Din Djarin Mandalorian helmets seem to be in production now, too.

They claim they're trying to move all production States-side. The things they are making/finishing/have moved here seem to be the ones that are shipping. They say there are delays getting the steel dies for the FOTKs from China, and, knowing how things are borked coming from there, I'm actually inclined to believe it. I'm pretty sure a large chunk of early production went to Disney to dress Rise of the Resistance before all this happened and they expected to be able to get more made and moving without too much more of a delay. I also know everyone I know who works there (or has ever worked for Disney or LFL) is working under about this many NDA's:

2059909371_Post-ItMan-HalloweenCostumeContestatCostume-Works_com.thumb.jpg.ed7109cafefec16d8c731e87321f1220.jpg

I work in galaxy edge and honestly can’t wait to ask a few questions to my higher ups about what they know the last time I spoke to one he honestly didn’t know who the company was. But he’s the one in charge of selling the suits in the first order bay so I was a bit confused but it was before we even opened so gunna chit chat with him to see what he knows know. NDA I have yet to see anything in Disney about that and the Star Wars stuff our imagineers are very open to talking to us unless it’s something new coming out then they stay silent but very cool people always tell the tips and tricks to their work when we got a Star Wars galaxy edge walk around they gave us so much info and hidden features that we where mind blown lol

With the hold up with court cases, the not being able to get China molds released and refunds they appear to be in a bad way financially, although able to supply some pieces. Its a shame as former 501st members they would be aware of the community, need for armor and suppliers not supplying. Its just a shame for many who put their faith in them. Having an early set (charlie) of FOTK armor I can say that communication way back then was still bad, again if they came straight and have realistic dates and info I'm sure although annoying people would be happier. I would purchase another set if only they could supply.

I asked for refund they said I could only do in store credit :/ I said no I want my money back I don’t wanna purchase from them anymore. They haven’t replied

• Like 1

I asked for refund they said I could only do in store credit :/ I said no I want my money back I don’t wanna purchase from them anymore. They haven’t replied

I feel your pain, I was part of this order two years ago - and the refund process which originally took two weeks now can take up to a month.

It was a gruelling effort to chase them down to get my money back. I hope everything gets sorted out soon - and I’m sorry Anovos has done this to you all.

Fist bumps troopers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 6/25/2020 at 11:44 AM, bear0902 said:

Did any one know about this ? I wrote to them and this is what they said but I didn’t know this info.

————————————————————

Thank you for your question about your Pre-order availability status of the Stormtrooper armor. For your convenience product availability updates have been provided here.

So you are aware, we are still in the process of negotiating to get our molds from our Chinese mfg so we can start production at our Texas factory. Although our non-essential manufacturing facilities in Texas are now able to operate at 50% capacity, the previous months' long full shutdown from China then our US factory shutdown has resulted in extremely delayed manufacturing times for our products here and abroad. We hope to have production ready by the end of the year, but we cannot currently guarantee specific availability dates for any pre-order products as our production capacity is severely affected by our State's non-essential manufacturing restrictions. As soon as our state authorities allow us to resume full normal operations, we will provide you with more comprehensive dates, until then we will continue to follow mandates so we can make it through this crisis together.

So let me get this straight...........

First they were changing bucks, then they were in production and posted pictures of the rough pulls then they were on a ship, then they were stuck in customs, then they were in a container, then they were being inspected by Disney/LFL, then they were in the warehouse. And now the bucks are not being released from China and they will be made in Texas?

Wake up fellow troopers!!!! When are you going to realize it is just one lie after another. Nothing they have ever said has been true so why should we believe them this time?

• Like 1

sigh I would say poor marketing decision and excuses

1) There's nothing wrong in producing in China, as long as your factory or team and manager are able to hit deadlines. Saying manufacturing in China causes the delay is a whole lot of bull... as look below everything u own "made in china"... LOL they are efficient. Even during the pandemic. 

2) Moving everything back to USA.. when the economy is in bad shape.. but China's production has all returned to normal... smartest move? finish the deal and contract with China (as a contract is a contract). Give us our armor after... if you want to move it back to Texas do it after... OMG... you don't need a genius to figure it out.... 

I can't figure out whats the big idea on the whole   "negotiating to get our molds from our Chinese mfg"

My uneducated guess is that Anovos is finally out of money. And guess what? Even big bad China isn’t going to give you product or bucks if you don’t pay your bills.

As others have said all along Anovos is out of money and barely keeping a light on so there’s nothing to ship out.

I also find it very interesting that Anovos can't ship out any TLJ helmets to paying customers but somehow someone in Texas just like Anovos has shipped 23 of them and has 4 more for immediate shipment. How can this be unless Anovos is....gasp...not telling the truth and selling our items out from under us?

ANOVOS _THE LAST JEDI FIRST ORDER STORMTROOPER HELMET_ Prop Replica NEW IN STOCK _ eBay.jpg

The worst part is that this thread is almost 3 years old now and we are absolutely no closer to getting our armor than when it was started but still being told the same lies.

Edited by mikidymac
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, wilsoncai said:

sigh I would say poor marketing decision and excuses

1) There's nothing wrong in producing in China, as long as your factory or team and manager are able to hit deadlines. Saying manufacturing in China causes the delay is a whole lot of bull... as look below everything u own "made in china"... LOL they are efficient. Even during the pandemic. 

2) Moving everything back to USA.. when the economy is in bad shape.. but China's production has all returned to normal... smartest move? finish the deal and contract with China (as a contract is a contract). Give us our armor after... if you want to move it back to Texas do it after... OMG... you don't need a genius to figure it out.... 

I can't figure out whats the big idea on the whole   "negotiating to get our molds from our Chinese mfg"

I can interpret that last one for you..."negotiating to get our molds from our Chinese mfg" = We have no money to pay them so they will not give the molds to us for free.

On 8/22/2017 at 3:55 PM, JonnieBear said:

So Fall 2017 is like 2 weeks away and I was beginning to wonder about the FOTK Armor from Anovos. So whats everyones take?? Do you think there will be a real chance that the armor will actually come out this September? I received my helmet on time and that was a helluva start for me.

We are all aware of their terrible deadlines and constant delays, so lets not make this thread a "Lets bash Anovos" thread. Pretty please?

I would like to hear input on any new information anybody has gotten regarding the armors status or shipping information.. I know this means very little but I spoke with a rep last month and as he tells me, all is good for a fall 2017 delivery.

What about the stormtrooper armor from Halloween Costumes.com? - any good? (Dave)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dave0095 said:

Hey there,

Need some advice on armor. Has anyone checked out Halloween Costumes.com? Anyone know if this is close to accurate?

Thanks! - Dave

They are exactly what the name suggests "Halloween Costumes" for use at Halloween and that's about it. If you are looking for a 501st approvable costume have a look in the Getting Started section, for First Order head here

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dave0095 said:

Hey there,

Need some advice on armor. Has anyone checked out Halloween Costumes.com? Anyone know if this is close to accurate?

Thanks! - Dave

Hi buddy I believe you are in the wrong thread for this question, but nevertheless I would say the name "Halloween Costumes" would be a obvious red flag that it's not accurate. 

If you need a proper FOTK (first order stormtrooper) kit at this point in time, there's many you could look for please refer to the supply list here: 

I would recommend not going anywhere else to get your costume to avoid disappointment :)

But if you are a casual individual who wanna dress up for fun and is not looking for a screen accurate costume then sure, HalloweenCostume.com soft inaccurate armor might just suffice for a Halloween party or just for fun project you have.  

Edited by wilsoncai
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, JonnieBear said:

At this point, something is better than nothing lol. I’m pretty close to requesting a refund and ordering from a REAL vendor.

You better hurry up and request that refund.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Master replicas also now have a lawsuit on their hands for taking money and not delivering.

• Like 1