ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

1 minute ago, mikidymac said:

I know nothing about the legal stuff but I don’t understand how the defendants have done absolutely nothing to fix the situation but keep asking the judge to dismiss the case.

Same, they just want to weasel out to avoid getting hammered for fraud. I hope that it also sticks to LFL/Disney to force them to do something

Sadly in my experience as long as Anovos is cutting Disney licensing checks and supplying them with stock for the parks they likely don’t care.

That’s sad :( I wonder if managers know about this from their ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not directly FOTK related, but I wanted to follow up on my mentioning folks were getting shipping notices for their Han TFA jackets with one guy on the RPF's review of his, now in hand (he's in Sweden and paid for the DHL express shipping). Even if you're not interested in it, personally, maybe check it out to see what is going out after all this time. As I said above, the main reason I've had such an interest in these notices going out and seeing what people end up getting is that the FOTK kit is currently still listed in the same shipping window. I'm not saying I'm expecting to get my notification this afternoon -- there are still a lot of orderers of this jacket who haven't gotten their notices yet -- but I'm crossing my fingers again that something will be in my inbox within the next couple weeks...

As far as the lawsuit... No one has said anything even hinting at this, but I have a feeling about all the stuff going to Disney... Those who already knew about ANOVOS are a fairly small minority of the general public. While there's some increased exposure from their being at conventions, that's still fairly niche, even if it probably does put them on more people's radar. But a lot of people go to Disneyland and Disney World. A lot of people are likely going to Galaxy's Edge who like Star Wars, but have never been to a con, who have never done a Google search for "cosplay" or "high end Star Wars costuming" or anything like that, who maybe didn't know they absolutely needed a Luke Skywalker helmet or a set of Stormtrooper armor until seeing it was a thing in one of the Galaxy's Edge shops. I have a hunch, an instinct, so much of ANOVOS' recent stuff is going there in part to counterweight all the negative press with a number of people whose first experience with ANOVOS is a positive one. And also generate a new revenue stream to aid ANOVOS in pulling themselves out of the deep pit they dug themselves into without Disney having to potentially front the money themselves.

I have more thoughts about the stonewalling and lack of transparency, but not right now...

Edited by Peregrinus
  • Like 1

It's very obvious the Anovos stuff is going to Galaxy's edge since it has the Anovos tag right on it, the Kylo Helmet, FOTK helmet and armor kit despite them claiming it was from a different supply chain which is just a bunch of crap It is also obvious our FOTK kits were used on the Rise of the Resistance animatronics. So a very big YES, Anovos sent our pre-orders to the parks and left us hanging.

One interesting thing though was that on Sunday I was at Disneyland and there was no price sign on the Kylo helmet like before but I did not ask if they had any or not but to my surprise when I got home on Monday I had a shipping notice for my Kylo helmet that had been on order for over a year.

And yesterday it arrived.

6d858389a2052762cca640933c9b2eb1.jpg

• Like 5

Sidebar: Thought I'd take a chance on something very non-critical. I ordered an "in stock" gray Imperial jumpsuit on Monday. Just got shipping notification this morning. Tracking says it'll be here next week. I do hope this all means maybe things are turning around over there.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 12:08 PM, mikidymac said:

It's very obvious the Anovos stuff is going to Galaxy's edge since it has the Anovos tag right on it, the Kylo Helmet, FOTK helmet and armor kit despite them claiming it was from a different supply chain which is just a bunch of crap It is also obvious our FOTK kits were used on the Rise of the Resistance animatronics. So a very big YES, Anovos sent our pre-orders to the parks and left us hanging.

One interesting thing though was that on Sunday I was at Disneyland and there was no price sign on the Kylo helmet like before but I did not ask if they had any or not but to my surprise when I got home on Monday I had a shipping notice for my Kylo helmet that had been on order for over a year.

And yesterday it arrived.

6d858389a2052762cca640933c9b2eb1.jpg

I am SOOOO HAPPY for you!!!Ive been waiting for both Kylo Ten helmet and FOTK. Seeing this post gives me hope......

• Like 1

Following up to my previous. Got my package yesterday afternoon. Not bad. On the ordering page for the jumpsuit, they quote a 10-to-14-business-day processing time prior to shipping, and for this it was five. And less than a week in transit via UPS Ground.

On an initial once-over, it seems decently accurate. I'm going to be replacing the shoulder velcro, because no. And the left forearm pocket is requiring closer scrutiny. It's sewn to the sleeve all the way around -- no opening to slip the compad in. I need to check the measurement of the window in that pocket -- it seems a skosh small. And I have a recollection of there being a clear plastic pane in that window to cover the compad... Am I remembering old, bad data?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peregrinus said:

Following up to my previous. Got my package yesterday afternoon. Not bad. On the ordering page for the jumpsuit, they quote a 10-to-14-business-day processing time prior to shipping, and for this it was five. And less than a week in transit via UPS Ground.

On an initial once-over, it seems decently accurate. I'm going to be replacing the shoulder velcro, because no. And the left forearm pocket is requiring closer scrutiny. It's sewn to the sleeve all the way around -- no opening to slip the compad in. I need to check the measurement of the window in that pocket -- it seems a skosh small. And I have a recollection of there being a clear plastic pane in that window to cover the compad... Am I remembering old, bad data?

They seem to have no issues with instock items, it's just those items that they have had production problems with.

There is no plastic pane for the compad ;) 

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

They seem to have no issues with instock items, it's just those items that they have had production problems with.

There is no plastic pane for the compad ;) 

Cool. Not sure where I remembered that from. And, to me, this was a valid experiment because I know several people who ordered "in stock" items, in some cases over a year ago, and are still waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, 

Was wondering if there is a thread discussing the new ANOVOS FOTK kits now having split shoulder yoke/straps? 

..and if/how those can be fixed or approved? 

Seems all new ANOVOS FOTK armor design has the front and back shoulder yokes molded to their respective sides and split at the top of the shoulders. 

Was this change seen in TLJ or TROS FOTKs?

• Like 1

Hi All, 

Was wondering if there is a thread discussing the new ANOVOS FOTK kits now having split shoulder yoke/straps? 

..and if/how those can be fixed or approved? 

Seems all new ANOVOS FOTK armor design has the front and back shoulder yokes molded to their respective sides and split at the top of the shoulders. 

Was this change seen in TLJ or TROS FOTKs?

The shoulder seam is purely an Anovos design feature and has nothing to do with production used FOTKs.

Those that have already built these kits have filled the seam prior to painting.

All the Anovos kits at SWGE were built with the seam visible.

d2a65e20ad2b551c590c10eb7ee3b1ad.png&key=47067130db6fd5a72c225b086c34a38de6cfdd81cb249dcdd4668d75c1b72c698ab655084f844e6e2e8e6d652de0e738.png&key=b2b895741975a11f82800298317f71bd06601c013afa594ed08251e53700e828

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Thanks, saw the Disney/Anovos FOTks ate GE earlier with the seems visible..

I recently got my Anovos kit and filling the seam would me a solid front-back armor that will be very difficult to get into as the front part of the yoke is not a separate piece..

Is there a thread discussing this or showing how its fixed?

8 minutes ago, OAB1 said:

I recently got my Anovos kit and filling the seam would me a solid front-back armor that will be very difficult to get into as the front part of the yoke is not a separate piece..

I'd recommend taking a look at Lee's excellent build thread: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48090-lee_c-anovos-tlj-build/

He is one of a handful of people who have completed the Anovos build....unless you count the guys who did the work for Disney :laugh1:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JAFO said:

The shoulder seam is purely an Anovos design feature and has nothing to do with production used FOTKs.

Those that have already built these kits have filled the seam prior to painting.

All the Anovos kits at SWGE were built with the seam visible.

d2a65e20ad2b551c590c10eb7ee3b1ad.png&key=47067130db6fd5a72c225b086c34a38de6cfdd81cb249dcdd4668d75c1b72c698ab655084f844e6e2e8e6d652de0e738.png&key=b2b895741975a11f82800298317f71bd06601c013afa594ed08251e53700e828

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Visible seam eh? Could we maybe get a CRL for these guys?:laugh1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OAB1 said:

This is a nice build thread (see below) 

To answer your question, like other kits with the new inner chest section your head size will play a part in how you build your armor. I've seen others carve out the inner chest (behind the outer chest plate) to accommodate for their head. Since it's hid behind the outer chest you can make necessary alterations. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OAB1 said:

Did you "recently" get your Anovos kit directly from Anovos or a 3rd party? Would be nice to know if any are shipping at the moment.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:35 PM, mikidymac said:

Did you "recently" get your Anovos kit directly from Anovos or a 3rd party? Would be nice to know if any are shipping at the moment.

Directly from Anovos .. they are shipping but in batches ..
Shipping notification came out of the blue!

• Like 2