ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

4 hours ago, mikidymac said:

I still don’t know how they haven’t been shutdown for fraud. How is Disney and LFL allowing this to continue?

Because as far as it seems Anovos is sending all their inventory to Disney for their parks. As long as they get their licensing cut and product I doubt they care.

• Like 1

I just realized, does anyone know if they shipped the Mandalorian helmet? They "claimed" that it'll ship by Thanksgiving.

Those guys really be scamming new customers.

Sent from my CLT-AL00 using Tapatalk

I put my name on the list of interested parties to see if they would come through but never received an email asking for payment or an update on why it was delayed. On the plus side they haven’t asked for money on something they couldn’t deliver.
  • Like 2

On 11/20/2019 at 10:58 AM, kungfugrip12 said:

I am SOOOO close to joining you. I have been on order since September 2016 for the FOTK and 2 years on the Kylo Ren helmet. Would you mind detailing the process you used to get your refund? I think at this point I am ready to move on to another vendor that actually ships. (incidentally who did you end up going with?)

I’m not exactly sure which step got Anovos to refund but I :

- emailled 3 times a week

- cc’d all emails to Joe and Dana

- cc’d emails to LFL licencing

- contact Disney vendor services

- complained to Partial.ly

- threatened legal action

- registered complaint with BBB

- filed complaint with the Attourney General in California, they have a consumer rights webform to do this.

It all took about 4/5 weeks and they refunded through Partial.ly as I paid by the installment plan. I am now three credit card numbers on since the order but with the same bank and it arrived safely.

At NO point did I advise of my 501st membership and would ask others to follow that, its irrelevant and we shouldn’t bring the Legion into this.
Just keep on at Anovos and then never make that mistake again!!

As for my FOTK kit, I ordered and saw it arrive with a week and I’m slowly working through it, but it’s not an easy build. Sorry but I’m not in a position to disclose what kit it is, I got 7 kits and hopefully my team will all be done in the near future.

• Like 1

They’re super small. As they are pre trimmed you have to work with what you get.

I’m 6-1 and 32 waist and I would say that any bigger and the kit will require major work. On top of the painting. But they are clearable.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lee_C_77 said:

They’re super small. As they are pre trimmed you have to work with what you get.

I’m 6-1 and 32 waist and I would say that any bigger and the kit will require major work. On top of the painting. But they are clearable.

How much wiggle room in that would you say there is? We're of a height, but I've got a couple more inches round the waist...

How much wiggle room in that would you say there is? We're of a height, but I've got a couple more inches round the waist...

It’s not actually the waist. More the chest. Where the front chest piece (with the pills and sticker on) meets the yoke under the arms.
I had help and I can close it, but if I slouch when I stand it will start to undo. I’m going to add elastic and snaps to keep it tight. 98d358c13a11256c490f0273091345f3.jpg

2 minutes ago, mikidymac said:

We will not have to worry as they will never be delivered.

Yes, well... I was asking the guy above me who does, in fact, have one, so... Maybe not "never"...? There are some in the wild. While I may not ever get mine, I have a feeling I will, eventually. *shrug*

Anyone think it's still worth it to wait and stay in the run? I pre-ordered mine as well but I'm really tempted to get a refund (idk how hard that will be) and go with KB or Backstage props at this point. Also has anyone compared the two in terms of accuracy and price point or are they pretty similar?

10 minutes ago, snorcross11 said:

Anyone think it's still worth it to wait and stay in the run? I pre-ordered mine as well but I'm really tempted to get a refund (idk how hard that will be) and go with KB or Backstage props at this point. Also has anyone compared the two in terms of accuracy and price point or are they pretty similar?

It's really your call. Word on the street is that they will continue to deliver into 2020 and that kits may even benefit from new production processes they have implemented during the process of providing Disney with their kits.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JAFO said:

It's really your call. Word on the street is that they will continue to deliver into 2020 and that kits may even benefit from new production processes they have implemented during the process of providing Disney with their kits.

You mean will start to be delivered in 2020? The 5-6 incomplete kits delivered in April does not imply that deliveries are being made at this point.

To @snorcross11, at this point there is no indication that Anovos is going to ship us anything tomorrow or next year as they have never once delivered on any promise made in the last few years. One thing they have proven is that they can and will miss every deadline and nothing they say can be trusted, especially estimated ship dates. If you want a costume that you can troop in sooner rather than maybe never you should buy from a known and trusted vendor like Jimi and get a refund ASAP from Anovos.

I think the many hundreds that have not received anything well out ways the few that have had delivered partial kits. Tough decision for you but I know which way I would lean.