ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

Because Disney doesn't make anything, they just put their name on it and charge royalties. 

Makes a good business model. Less liability more $$$

Either way I hope it turns out well for us all, if not though I will still recommend Jim for what he does. Maybe someday I will afford and learn to vacuform these suckers haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just now, JAFO said:

The judge has pushed the lawsuit to ADR. Will be interesting to see what happens now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lol this is the US. It could be tied up in the courts for years.

lol this is the US. It could be tied up in the courts for years.

Most likely it will end in some sort of settlement and not go full court. Could take lots of time though.

• Like 1

Just now, FN-1313 said:

Most likely it will end in some sort of settlement and not go full court. Could take lots of time though.

Exactly!

• Like 1

Just now, FN-1313 said:

I don’t need a helmet as my picture shows, but I sure would like the helmet haha.

Don't blame you. The key is to put just enough pressure on the three involved to get the product to the customer. You push too hard and Anovos will just file for bankruptcy and we don't want that, nobody wins. 

• Like 1

Don't blame you. The key is to put just enough pressure on the three involved to get the product to the customer. You push too hard and Anovos will just file for bankruptcy and we don't want that, nobody wins. 

Agreed. It needs to hurt and make things finally happen. No more games, get your act together. We want Anovos to succeed, but don’t want to be on a sinking ship with them if that’s their end goal anymore.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, FN-1313 said:

Perhaps a shorter period than waiting for their orders ;) 

• Like 2

Regarding the sentiment that if you push, they may just file bankruptcy and everyone loses - which is a legitimate concern and possible scenario - I believe it's possibly short sighted. I've spent a lot of time reading about the 2006-2008 housing bubble / financial crisis and what all went into it and my overwhelming conclusion from it all is that because people were afraid of "everything falling apart", which were fears largely spread by those in control of the situation (big finance and government), these entities "solved the problem" by taking measures that both reinforced the behavior and strengthened the system that produced such widespread reckless and disingenuous behavior instead of letting natural consequences occur and give the opportunity to let history teach us.

If you want to prevent this sort of thing that Anovos is doing, you join in on a just cause and realize you may be protecting a whole lot of people down the road even if you lose what you may have already lost anyways. I kinda wish I didn't fight so hard for my refunds because I'm technically unable to join in, despite the fact that they repeatedly failed in their promises regarding when I would be refunded. And that was before they changed the policy about chatting about refunds. Despicable and very common behavior from a lot of corporations.

5 minutes ago, camprandall said:

Regarding the sentiment that if you push, they may just file bankruptcy and everyone loses - which is a legitimate concern and possible scenario - I believe it's possibly short sighted. I've spent a lot of time reading about the 2006-2008 housing bubble / financial crisis and what all went into it and my overwhelming conclusion from it all is that because people were afraid of "everything falling apart", which were fears largely spread by those in control of the situation (big finance and government), these entities "solved the problem" by taking measures that both reinforced the behavior and strengthened the system that produced such widespread reckless and disingenuous behavior instead of letting natural consequences occur and give the opportunity to let history teach us.

If you want to prevent this sort of thing that Anovos is doing, you join in on a just cause and realize you may be protecting a whole lot of people down the road even if you lose what you may have already lost anyways. I kinda wish I didn't fight so hard for my refunds because I'm technically unable to join in, despite the fact that they repeatedly failed in their promises regarding when I would be refunded. And that was before they changed the policy about chatting about refunds. Despicable and very common behavior from a lot of corporations.

Not sure there's a right or wrong way to approach this situation. Anovos has had their customers over a barrel for far too long. I don't blame anyone who decided to ask for a refund nor do I blame those who continued to enable the ongoing dysfunctionality by buying their merchandise. Whatever happens I hope it's in the best interest of the customer, period.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Not sure there's a right or wrong way to approach this situation. Anovos has had their customers over a barrel for far too long. I don't blame anyone who decided to ask for a refund nor do I blame those who continued to enable the ongoing dysfunctionality by buying their merchandise. Whatever happens I hope it's in the best interest of the customer, period.  

Yeah, I agree that nothing is absolute here - just that when you have this kind of history, there's too much evidence that the cycle will repeat when there is no accountability. It's one thing with our vendor building in their garage, but when you build a business, you kind of have to earn the right to keep your business, in my opinion. :)

1 minute ago, camprandall said:

Yeah, I agree that nothing is absolute here - just that when you have this kind of history, there's too much evidence that the cycle will repeat when there is no accountability. It's one thing with our vendor building in their garage, but when you build a business, you kind of have to earn the right to keep your business, in my opinion. :)

Agreed. I'm curious to see how the Mouse and LFL handles this. I'm guessing here but I'd imagine they'll just pay their high price lawyers to wash their hands of it and put the blame solely on Anovos where it should be. 

• Like 1

The term "alternative dispute resolution (ADR)" means any procedure, agreed to by the parties of a dispute, in which they use the services of a neutral party to assist them in reaching agreement and avoiding litigation. Types of ADR include arbitration, mediation, negotiated rulemaking, neutral factfinding, and minitrials. With the exception of binding arbitration, the goal of ADR is to provide a forum for the parties to work toward a voluntary, consensual agreement, as opposed to having a judge or other authority decide the case.

In addition to serving as a potential means of avoiding the expense, delay, and uncertainty associated with traditional litigation, ADR also is intended as a vehicle for improving communication between the parties. ADR provides a forum for creative solutions to disputes that better meet the needs of the parties.

As far as the helmets at Galaxy's Edge, I got a response from Anovos and LFL that the helmets at the parks are from a different supply chain than the Anovos ones. This would explain the liners, stands and different pricing. While this doesn't help me get my helmet my guess is that all of the Anovos resources went to making sure that Disney had product for the opening of GE and put us on the back burner. Although I don't agree with it I can understand it and hopefully now that GE is open they put all of their resources back to those of us in the community that actually got them started.

I know it is very far fetched but I still hope they can ship us our crap.

48 minutes ago, mikidymac said:

As far as the helmets at Galaxy's Edge, I got a response from Anovos and LFL that the helmets at the parks are from a different supply chain than the Anovos ones. This would explain the liners, stands and different pricing. While this doesn't help me get my helmet my guess is that all of the Anovos resources went to making sure that Disney had product for the opening of GE and put us on the back burner. Although I don't agree with it I can understand it and hopefully now that GE is open they put all of their resources back to those of us in the community that actually got them started.

I know it is very far fetched but I still hope they can ship us our crap.

I'm curious if this other supply chain is the actual manufacturer in China that also took ownership of all the OTTK armor that Anovos couldn't pay for. We know they've produced a number of kits as we've seen so let's hope there's just a delay due to the GE opening and Anovo's commitment to Disney.  

Does anyone know if the price of the GE one is more or less? Is the detailing/accuracy better or worse? The liner and stand are a nice touch - IMO, but only if the bucket itself is as nice or better than the standard Anovos.

Here’s a SWGE Anovos helmet that arrived for another customer today. It was US$400.

They ordered on opening weekend and were told 6-8 weeks. It was 6 days!bc5a96c85808df142a686643a2df816e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Apparently several SWGE attendees bought these as a few SM sites are posting their purchases. Hard to imagine anyone but Anovos supplied them. Their labels are stitched to the interior padding. Guess that question is answered.   

4 hours ago, ultravtec757 said:

Does anyone know if the price of the GE one is more or less? Is the detailing/accuracy better or worse? The liner and stand are a nice touch - IMO, but only if the bucket itself is as nice or better than the standard Anovos.

More or less than what Anovos was selling on their website?

If it's indeed made by Anovos (which it appears to be the case) then yes you should expect it to be being relatively accurate. The main difference between older versions is this has interior insulation.

2 hours ago, Harbinger said:

I think I saw the price as something like $7k for the full kit, so I assume the helmet is more too.

$6,616.00 and yes it was for the full kit from what I understood. What I couldn't get anyone to answer is if was already assembled, ready to wear and came with all the soft goods. 

Edited by ukswrath