ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

Yup. China. Several factories, actually. Different materials, different methods... means different factories. One of the issues has been that a single costume can involve several factories, and their production schedules don't always favor the comparatively modest orders ANOVOS wants of them.

• 1 month later...

Their site now shows the kits as “not available” I haven’t received any negative emails so I’m hoping that means things are now wrapped up with their preorder capacity, and moving to get things going from there.

Then again as everyone has said before and again, we can only hope and wait right now.

1 hour ago, Reno_Geek said:

I had a new hope that it was going to come in December but the Empire struck back.

Let’s hope there’s no return of the money. Followed by the debt awakens and the last penny.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bear0902 said:

Does anyone have any info on if they truly are delivering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’ll deliver, but no one knows when.

Edited by daryldoak

Chatted with Anovos and here was the most I could get out of them.

Samantha:

As far as I and the rest of customer service has been made aware, it is on schedule. We believe it is finishing up production now and will be to us soon, but do not have official information on where it is in the process.

Sometimes you think they would be better off just saying "don't know, eventually" at least then it's not a lie and people don't get upset when a delivery date comes and goes. Anovos "the one day you'll definitely maybe get your order" ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reno_Geek said:

Samantha:

As far as I and the rest of customer service has been made aware, it is on schedule. We believe it is finishing up production now and will be to us soon, but do not have official information on where it is in the process.

Personal experience, this means nothing. Standard boilerplate response, but here’s hoping. :)

• Like 1

Samantha:

Thank you for your reply ! Any news even if it’s a little news lol is great ! Thank you again

Just received this in the mail.

"We have finalized our shipping dates for the STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS: First Order Stormtrooper Standard Kit. These kits will begin shipping Spring 2018 (starting as early as March 20th) and continue shipping through Summer 2018 (ending September 21st). We ship orders in the order in which they were placed and will notify you by email to pay for your shipping charges when your order is next on deck.

Beyond this finalized delivery date, I am personally excited to inform you that in the final stages of production the executive decision was made to go the extra mile and pre-trim the armor pieces of these kits. This improvement did not delay the product further, and was made to expedite build time and to increase the overall accuracy of your build."

I got the same email update. What does pre-trimmed entail exactly? What will be left to do? Just fitting/fastening the pieces? I wish I had that promo code last month when I pre-ordered the TLJ helmet on the payment plan. I'm thinking/hoping I can cancel the helmet order and just re-do the order with the promo code and 1 time full-payment.

Edited by ultravtec757

Pre-trimming most likely means all the end-user has to do is glue and clamp... And accurize and fit and fill, etc. What I have in my head, though, is a paraphrase of George Carlin's rant about "too much use of the prefix 'pre'"... There are exactly two states in which the armor can possibly exist: trimmed, or untrimmed. Pre-trimmed is a meaningless ****ing term!

2 hours ago, Peregrinus said:

Pre-trimming most likely means all the end-user has to do is glue and clamp... And accurize and fit and fill, etc. What I have in my head, though, is a paraphrase of George Carlin's rant about "too much use of the prefix 'pre'"... There are exactly two states in which the armor can possibly exist: trimmed, or untrimmed. Pre-trimmed is a meaningless ****ing term!

That's what I'm assuming, too. I really wish there were more details or pics.

3 hours ago, Peregrinus said:

We'll see.

I'm more curious to see a side-by-side of the premier and standard line kits. I opted for the cheaper one, so hopefully someone has the means to do a comparison when they start shipping. Sounded like it was just the better helmet, better TD and soft goods on the premier kit.

• 4 weeks later...
We'll see.

I'm more curious to see a side-by-side of the premier and standard line kits. I opted for the cheaper one, so hopefully someone has the means to do a comparison when they start shipping. Sounded like it was just the better helmet, better TD and soft goods on the premier kit.

I agree I can’t wait to start seeing people post photos of their kits finnaly coming in ive been waiting so patiently I’m glad !! This will be my very first build !! I can finally once all is done join !!! Yay

When talking to Anovos at Cons they have a premier line costume as part of their display. I have asked several of them on different occasions what the differences are. I have been told each time. The difference is in the material they are made of. That there will be no noticeable difference. That they consider the premier a prop piece you display and the standard one you troop in because of weight differences. Also the inside of the buck is different. Due to licensing they had to put in the hard had lining in the standard. They of course recommended pulling that out first thing.

Interesting. If they actually use a hard hat liner similar to what's in the canon helmets I'd wear it as is, but as they've clearly admitted the one they supply is junk. Why Anovos why :angry: