ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

9 minutes ago, JonnieBear said:

Why do I get the feeling this is another marketing attempt from anovos and tested. I can already see it. Tested releases a series of videos of this "beta" version of the armor and how to put it together, anovos gets another hundred odd people to preorder so they can fund the original first run, another year passes by, the Han Solo movie comes out, another year passes by, they release the theatrical trailer for episode 9 and then the first run comes out.

ah haha, sad but so true.

50 minutes ago, JonnieBear said:

To add to the scheme, and dont hold me to this because i dont have a tweeter account, Adam Savage did adam incognito as a FOTK for the NY comic con. wonder if they both got suits from anovos.

That would have been cool to hang out with him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The5thHorseman said:

Doesn't seem that much inaccurate to me:

dsc_1418.jpg

As long as you are doing Phasma (or for that matter Captain Cardinal), yes. The cape covers the hinge.

As I understand it, for the standard FO white grunt the screen suits did not have a yoke per se, but a combined one-piece back/underchest made of a flexible (and apparently proprietary) material that allowed one to put it on like a tank top. Pretty much like you see in the Gwen Christie photo except no seams, hinges, or anything like that.

Apparently Anovos was unable to replicate that in a manner that would allow for mass production, so they took the Phasma route. 

• Like 1

Shame what they did with the shoulders, but explains why they say "it doesn't need painting" had a feeling something wouldn't be right. Anyone that has put one of these kits together would have been wondering the same thing ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Shame what they did with the shoulders, but explains why they say "it doesn't need painting" had a feeling something wouldn't be right. Anyone that has put one of these kits together would have been wondering the same thing ;) 

I'm seriously hoping this is not the case. If it is, bummer!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

I'm seriously hoping this is not the case. If it is, bummer!

At least even if it does need to be upgraded it has moved the stress point away from the corner, who knows how much it will flex then.

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

At least even if it does need to be upgraded it has moved the stress point away from the corner, who knows how much it will flex then.

I'd be interested to see if the front of the yoke is like the movie armor and wraps around the chest and ab then velcros to the rear. If not does it just flap around underneath the chest?  

Yoke, (or should we say inner chest plate?) should be full across the chest. You can see it, or what appears to be it, on the lower left corner of the picture.

mms_2010.jpg

Edited by The5thHorseman

7 hours ago, The5thHorseman said:

Yoke, (or should we say inner chest plate?) should be full across the chest. You can see it, or what appears to be it, on the lower left corner of the picture.

You're correct the canon armor is solid across the front with a chest shied covering that however, the storm troopers yoke (or whatever you want to call it) was still a ONE piece section. 

It'd be a little work, but if -- as it looks to be -- the yoke is missing the projecting tabs at the top of the shoulder... Well, my current plan, pending having the kit parts in hand, is to drill some tiny countersunk screw holes on both sides of the join, epoxy and screw both to a flat piece of something sturdy that will project out to be that tab, then fill and smooth. This means painting (or other coating), but I'm planning to do that anyway, so not a bother. With a solid anchor substrate and appropriate coating material(s), that should both minimize any flexing at that exact point and minimize any damage any minor flexing might cause.

I know a lot of y'all have next to no faith in Anovos, but the people I know there are calmly certain that their first shipment of the Standard line FOTK armor will be arriving from their factories in China to their warehouse by the end of October. We'll see. I know a lot about what they've had to deal with in getting the Star Wars license that had never been an issue before. Even though I really (reallyreallyREALLY) want this in time to roll it out at the TLJ premiere, I've been in this hobby long enough to have learned to be patient and expect things I order... when I see them. Two years for Gio's Kenneth Cole Pit Crew replica boots. Little communication, no shipping notification. Just came home one day and they were on the doorstep. Two years waiting for a FOTK kit and helmet from Anovos, from when they first showed them off at the Celebration before TFA opened. I had hoped they'd be available before now. I am hopeful they may yet be in time for TLJ. I only just pre-ordered when both were finally live a couple weeks ago. But, ultimately, this is still a hobby. I'm not going to die or lose my job or go to jail if a particular costume isn't finished by a particular date. So I fight down my desire for instant gratification and keep plugging along with what I do have control over.

• Like 1

Hey Folks,

I know were waiting (and waiting) for Anovos to ship our TFA suits - I was at New York Comic Con today at the Anovos booth and was asking about the ship date. The Anovos I was speaking with said he couldn't give me any concrete shipping dates (standard line they say) but he did say "FWIW the First Order kits are shipping sooner within the Fall 2017 window than toward  the end." He also said its turned into a really slick kit and the delays are totally worth the wait.

Take all that with a grain of salt (like I am) but I wanted to least share what I knew with all of you. It also corroborates Peregrinus said above.......

Edited by kungfugrip12
  • Like 1

SO disappointed about what they've done with the yoke.  I wonder if the kit will only be buildable this way, or if they will include some bondo-friendly option?  Or maybe someone can get to work on a replacement back/yoke piece as an upgrade?

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:09 PM, Peregrinus said:

It'd be a little work, but if -- as it looks to be -- the yoke is missing the projecting tabs at the top of the shoulder... Well, my current plan, pending having the kit parts in hand, is to drill some tiny countersunk screw holes on both sides of the join, epoxy and screw both to a flat piece of something sturdy that will project out to be that tab, then fill and smooth. This means painting (or other coating), but I'm planning to do that anyway, so not a bother. With a solid anchor substrate and appropriate coating material(s), that should both minimize any flexing at that exact point and minimize any damage any minor flexing might cause.

Assuming you are successful in doing that, how do you see getting it on? With no hinge and little-to-no flex, it's hard to imagine how you would actually pull it on over your head and getting your arms through the sleeve openings.

• Like 1

As with all of it, all I have until the thing actually is on my doorstep is notions based on the early uncut vac-formed sheet'o'pieces. I'll leave the sides open with magnet closures. I'll clamp the shoulders to see how much flex there is. If it looks like I can one-piece that shoulder seam and the plastic still has enough flex that I can get those side openings far enough apart to juuuust make it past my arms, cool. If I can manage it with just one side open, and perma-close the other, so I can pull it on one arm and over my head and then just have the one side to close, even better. Won't know until I experiment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey troopers. With the recent FOTK build I have done and also seeing Disney kits up close. I am unsure if the new Anovos kits will be like this. The yoke is two piece's with the front and back attaching via magnets. The Disney kits are molded and made for universal fiment and easier to get on the actors. They are not screen accurate for TFA as we all know the yoke should be seamless.. either way having the split on the yoke does make it easier to get the costume on.

• 1 month later...

So the most recent news from ANOVOS-land is that the container is on the way from China, and they expect to be shipping out the Standard Line First Order Stormtrooper kits before December 22nd. Not in time for the TLJ premiere, by a long shot (I mean, build time and everything, what?). I'm hopeful, but cautiously so. We'll see...

• Like 1

So the most recent news from ANOVOS-land is that the container is on the way from China, and they expect to be shipping out the Standard Line First Order Stormtrooper kits before December 22nd. Not in time for the TLJ premiere, by a long shot (I mean, build time and everything, what?). I'm hopeful, but cautiously so. We'll see...

From what I hear there’s also a bunch of kits still sitting in a warehouse in North Hollywood but they can’t be released until everything has arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro