ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

Jonathan,  try Jim Tripon (Jimmiroquai) for the FOTK,  you can get either Ep7 or 8 and he only required 40% down.  

Current turnaround is more favorable with a 1-2 week prod lead time.  

Only problem is that youll have to commit extra funds while you cancel Anovos and wait for their refund.  Welcome to the SUCK!  

• Like 2

Heard the same thing gents and i cancelled my order with Anovos.  Going with Jim Tripons Ep8 kit instead.  Hoping to make Premier myself. 
Good luck all 

There's a little more TKLC involved, however I did the same and I love Jim's kit!

FYI - for those that choose to take the path of the refund...

Please ensure that you start a case file with the CSR.

You will require that case file number to complete your Refund Request Form, as well as your order number:
Ie. #ANOVOS - _ _ _ _ _

Refunds a month ago, take 12-15 days to process just as a heads up Troopers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Pyrates said:

FYI - for those that choose to take the path of the refund...

Please ensure that you start a case file with the CSR.

You will require that case file number to complete your Refund Request Form, as well as your order number:
Ie. #ANOVOS - _ _ _ _ _

Refunds a month ago, take 12-15 days to process just as a heads up Troopers.

Yeah, I did a refund on a previous order and it took around 5 weeks to get the money.

• Like 1

Jonathan,  try Jim Tripon (Jimmiroquai) for the FOTK,  you can get either Ep7 or 8 and he only required 40% down.  
Current turnaround is more favorable with a 1-2 week prod lead time.  

Only problem is that youll have to commit extra funds while you cancel Anovos and wait for their refund.  Welcome to the SUCK!  

Yea I'm SERIOSULY debating on it.

• Like 1

https://www.anovos.com/pages/first-order-stormtrooper-standard-kit-updates

First Order Stormtrooper Standard Kit - Updates

Current Shipping Estimate:  Fall 2017 (September 22 - December 21)

Latest Update: August 29th, 2017

• During production of this kit our quality control team discovered that many pieces did not meet our high quality standards and these imperfections warranted the halt of production on these pieces.  To be more specific, as part of the process of quality control our team randomly 3D scans our own vacuform bucks. During this process, they found a couple issues that they decided to take action on : life of the mold and inaccuracy. The first thing they discovered was that these molds only had a maximum half life of a few more pulls which would have then compromised the integrity and wastage of subsequent pulls. Secondly, by bringing these molds into the 3D environment, they noticed contouring issues that did not allow for the armor to line up correctly. Therefore, they decided to not only remake the molds in steel, but they also decided to go back to scans they had taken from the original armor actually used on set and reprint them for the purposes of this kit. In essence, for quality and accuracy reasons the armor pieces have returned to the early pre-production stages. Our team has assigned extra personnel to the project in order to mitigate further delays to this kit. Unfortunately, after reviewing the potential effects this discovery has upon our previous production schedule it was determined that we must update the anticipated delivery window to Fall 2017.

I guess if there's a silver lining to the story it sounds like they actually care about the accuracy and the ease of assembly they advertised, granted this is something they should have caught a long time ago.  

I guess one should give them the benefit of the doubt but, honestly, I think it's a marvellously created story. I *almost* feel sorry for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAFO said:

I guess one should give them the benefit of the doubt but, honestly, I think it's a marvellously created story. I *almost* feel sorry for them emoji23.png

Who, Anovos or their customers?

Well, the delay sucks but on the plus the wait sounds like it would be worth it.  I think the PR is fine - I mean unless you are a 501st type of person, it's the only game in town.

• Like 1

Ahhh memories of a time before TFA, patience is definitely a prerequisite when dealing with Anovos ;) 

Unfortunate is the delay BUT they will deliver in the end

I think some of it is true and some of it isn't.

Exactly! They were due to deliver by 21 Sept. you would have thought an issue like this would have been apparent far earlier.

Anyway, it is what it is. Thankfully there are some great kits already out there

I’m shocked, SHOCKED I tell you that they got delayed! 

PS- I’m not shocked. Anovos is becoming increasingly better at shipping helmets in a somewhat timely fashion but they suck at shipping full costumes. 

• 1 month later...

So apparently there is at least one of the standard FOTK kits out here. This showed up on Twitter yesterday - take a close look at the top of the "yoke":

• Like 1

Clarification, without armor mods 95% the 501st troopers today won't get past basic, EIB maybe, myself included. Judging from the original photo neither will this new suit.  

Why do I get the feeling this is another marketing attempt from anovos and tested. I can already see it. Tested releases a series of videos of this "beta" version of the armor and how to put it together, anovos gets another hundred odd people to preorder so they can fund the original first run, another year passes by, the Han Solo movie comes out, another year passes by, they release the theatrical trailer for episode 9 and then the first run comes out.

lol it's nice to see something concrete though.......I fell for the marketing attempt didn't I?