Original TK bucket lenses.

Deyo

I have seen a few photos where people have bolted lenses on so that there is a small gap to allow airflow. From what I can guess it involves joining a small bolt to a piece of ABS and the joining that ABS to the inside of the bucket. The lenses will be bigger then the eye socket in the bucket.

It might just be me but is it really that simple to do? I have an Anovos TK bucket where there is a visor inside instead of individual lenses. I want to replace the visor for the lenses to free up some space.

Any ideas on this subject?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Exactly what I did. I used Chicago screws. E6000 the Chicago screw to some abs then make sure it will get your lens by cutting lens material bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same thing with both of my Anovos helmets. I didnt use ABS though, just glued the chicago bolts directly to the helmet.946ec2853cac2f7236eb6566f8f627e3.jpg

Looks like you plastidip reinforced the inside though. Is the plastidip reinforcement really worth it?

Oh yeah, way better now. I have the first gen helmets and they are paper thin. They are still thinner than I would like, but I dont feel like Im going to break them when I pick them up anymore. One layer of cheesecloth (in small pieces) on the whole lid. Three layers around the neck/opening. Then just painted on the rest of the plasti-dip until it was gone (used the whole can).8da78168ffa05dd6e470abf34c543ade.jpg

Exactly what I did. I used Chicago screws. E6000 the Chicago screw to some abs then make sure it will get your lens by cutting lens material bigger.

I am looking at the chicago screws and was wondering what style/size/material did you use? Also have you found a site that will sell only a few at a time and not in sets of 100?

There are a few reasons folks use Plasti-Dip.. One, it makes the inside of your bucket much less noticeable.  I have seen some taller Troopers where the white inside really jumps out at you, especially when tilting your head.

There are 2 types of the Plast-Dip, the spray and the brush-on.  I just used the spray, but some like the brush-on and layer it with cheesecloth (like Jeffrey's above).  This gives the helmet a little more "heft".

If you do decide to use it, be SURE to give the inside a good sanding and then clean it thoroughly with some rubbing alcohol to remove any dust.  Otherwise it may not adhere very well.

There are a hundred ways to attach lenses, but I found the easiest one is to use a product called Sugru.  It's a glue that is kneadable, like Play-Doh.  I just rolled it into a "snake" shape, pressed it around the inside of the eye openings and pressed the lenses in, leaving a gap at the top for ventilation.  It is removable if needed, but mine has stuck solid for years.

It's not the cheapest stuff in the world, and runs about 2-3 dollars for each small pack (one per eye).  I have a few left (black) and can get them to you for $4.00 (including postage).  PM me if interested.

.y7CThAn.jpg?2

56 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

There are a few reasons folks use Plasti-Dip.. One, it makes the inside of your bucket much less noticeable.  I have seen some taller Troopers where the white inside really jumps out at you, especially when tilting your head.

There are 2 types of the Plast-Dip, the spray and the brush-on.  I just used the spray, but some like the brush-on and layer it with cheesecloth (like Jeffrey's above).  This gives the helmet a little more "heft".

If you do decide to use it, be SURE to give the inside a good sanding and then clean it thoroughly with some rubbing alcohol to remove any dust.  Otherwise it may not adhere very well.

With the spray plastidip will I still need the cheesecloth?  I will probably use the brush-on style.  I have seen a few posts that actually use drywall tape(I think) instead of the cheese cloth.  Any thoughts?

Cheesecloth is way easy to use and cut. I also did not sand the inside, I only wiped it down with alcohol to prep it. The paint is not coming off. I stuck industrial strength velcro on and tried to remove it to reposition....would not come off or pull the paint, and I pulled like a mother.

For the brush on, I did small sections at a time. Use a sponge type brush and brush a little on the helmet, put a small piece of cheesecloth (2"x2"ish) on the paint, then dab paint directly on top of the cheesecloth. Make sure to have a bunch of pieces precut. When getting close to done, I held my helmet up to the sun and looked at it from the inside to find the light coming through to brush on more paint in those sections.