CableGuy's DoopyDoos (feat. T-Jay kit) ANH E-11 WIP

CableGuy

7 hours ago, Suspend said:

Very nice!!!!

Mark

6 hours ago, Dracotrooper said:

Really like your finishing touches on your magazine; really added that little extra for big impact - mighty fine blaster Dan, well done emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers, guys. I’m so pleased it’s finally finished. And really pleased that I could adapt the mag itself, rather than messing about with the magazine well. :jc_doublethumbup:

Hey Dan, congrats (again :rolleyes:) on finishing this superb blaster. That replacement magazine adds so much more realism to it. :jc_doublethumbup: I wish the guys from DoopyDoo's would spend some time over here at FISD, to see what people do with their kits and recognize the need to finally make a better mould for this resin part. Who knows, maybe someday...

Oh, and the "Master Replica E-11 Stand" looks good, too. ;) Don't you fear to damage your paintjob with the blaster sitting straight on the support arms?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, T-Jay said:

Hey Dan, congrats (again :rolleyes:) on finishing this superb blaster. That replacement magazine adds so much more realism to it. :jc_doublethumbup: I wish the guys from DoopyDoo's would spend some time over here at FISD, to see what people do with their kits and recognize the need to finally make a better mould for this resin part. Who knows, maybe someday...

Oh, and the "Master Replica E-11 Stand" looks good, too. ;) Don't you fear to damage your paintjob with the blaster sitting straight on the support arms?

Thanks, Tino. I promise I’ll stop posting “I’ve finished my blaster” posts now. :laugh1:

The ABS arms are quite smooth at the top so it shouldn’t present an issue if placed carefully. If I’m honest, I only really made the stand for taking photos. Not sure if I’ll display it between troops or not as yet. Good thinking, though. 

Thank you, as always, for your feedback. :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Jakek94 said:

Hey guys, just got my Doopy Doos ANH e-11 kit, could anyone point me in the direction of where I can buy the T-Jays completion kit?

Hiya. 

Congrats on getting your kit. They’re great fun to work with. 

If you message T-Jay(TK) he’ll give you all the details. 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/profile/19331-t-jay/

best wishes,

Dan

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
Which disc did you use to define the T tracks please Dan

Hiya.

I used this one.

f4710488e96244d5e8583fd8206c209b.jpg

It’s probably about 1 or 2mm thick. It was mostly a good outcome, however, if you work it too much it can make the barrel look a little flat when the paint goes on. Still pleased with it overall, though.

Hope that helps a little.

• 1 month later...
Hi Dan,
Did you use the grinning stone attachments for the bolts in the muzzle and the grip, or did you use something else?
Many thanks.

Hi Nick,

I used a regular drill bit for the bottom of the grip, then the below Dremel attachment for the muzzle bolts:

9267b9f037e715150b3be0361ae66ff3.jpg

This was, by far, my favourite and most used attachment for this build. :-)
  • Like 1

Hi Nick,

I used a regular drill bit for the bottom of the grip, then the below Dremel attachment for the muzzle bolts:

9267b9f037e715150b3be0361ae66ff3.jpg&key=ba659eddcadac5628bc209e0b4bfc156728550bd1909ffbb32c9217f05dae620

This was, by far, my favourite and most used attachment for this build. :-)
I second this comment - not only does this bit grind away resin from side to side, there's teeth on the top of it so you can grind away resin by pushing it away. Also, getting it on to a flexible shaft gives you ultra control for detail work.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

• Like 1