CableGuy's DoopyDoos (feat. T-Jay kit) ANH E-11 WIP

CableGuy

Wow,  Congartulations and welcome to the ranks. Totally awesome. I hope you have a great time in your armor and with your amazing blaster. Well done!  Sorry I haven’t been active much these days to comment along your build. I was going to recommend to paint or replace the screw head that secures your scope rail to the rear sight but it’s not necessary. just something I thought might help hide the silver screw head, blend in with the rest of the blaster. Again , just a suggestion but certainly not needed, you already got cleared so bask in the glory of your accomplishments. 

Hi Brian.

Many thanks. Good idea with the screw - a little matt black paint should do the job. :-)

Appreciate your feedback and comments during the build. :-)

Best wishes,
Trooper Dan. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! I've been following this excellent thread and will refer to it for my own build eventually. Thanks for documenting everything so well.

Thanks, John.

That’s very kind of you. As a newbie to blaster making myself, I’m honoured that it’s of use to other builders.

Thanks again,
Dan :-)

Woohoo, congratulations on this double-achievement! :jc_doublethumbup: Can only imagine how great this must feel, mate. After all the work, you deserve it. Have a fantastic weekend.

Many thanks, Tino. It feels VERY good!!

I’m following your EIB submission and will hopefully be joining you soon. Looks like yours is a given for EIB and Centurion. :-)

Best wishes my friend,

Dan :-)

Hi all,

Thought I’d do a little summary now that the build is done (barring any little tweaks).

Let’s start with tools. With the exception of the obvious, like screwdrivers, drill, sandpaper etc, this is a selection of the primary tools I used.

Firstly, and most importantly - a good respiratory mask. Mine is now filthy after spray painting.

a3a982a77e28bae8246d75a53c0b3d5b.jpg

Dremel with flexible shaft.

28067a7226239c00ccbf009d8751f22d.jpg

A selection of files.

c8e7a08a12508cb5b10a706aba23edb7.jpg

Dremel attachment - these were my most used attachment.

715f6dda08883ed7d5110dbc9e686615.jpg

Spade bits (for the scope)

8dd66f330037cc0e08c7895dfa9b386b.jpg

Sculpting tools for any work with greenstuff. SUPER TIP - (courtesy of Tino) - keep tools and fingers wet whilst working with greenstuff. :-)

c123ce2211f507a05c1c74754edef830.jpg

And here’s a summary of the paints, and quantities, that I used.

745e3324dd82c866afbc38c11eaf45b5.jpg

2 x 150ml Humbrol Grey Primer 1
1 x 150ml Humbrol Brass 54
2 x 150ml Humbrol (metallic) Silver 11
2 x 150ml Humbrol Matt Black 33
1 x 400ml Citadel Matt Black x 1 (still some left)
1 x 400ml Hammerite Hammered Black (still some left)
1 x 400ml Hycote Gloss Black (still some left)

It’s been a thoroughly enjoyable build. Thankfully, there are not many things that I’d do differently if I did it over. Although, I’m still considering an upgraded Hengstler at some point.

Anyway, that’s it from me for now.

Thanks for reading. :-)

• Like 4

Thanks for posting your build steps in such a detailed manner. This will surely encourage and help other people here to successfully complete their own builds and get more out of these resin kits, than just gluing and spray-painting them. :duim:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, T-Jay said:

Thanks for posting your build steps in such a detailed manner. This will surely encourage and help other people here to successfully complete their own builds and get more out of these resin kits, than just gluing and spray-painting them. :duim:

Cheers, Tino. I learned from the best... ;-)

Awesome Dan! - Congratulations on being 501st Approved! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: What an achievement! You look like you just stepped off the film set by the way :jc_doublethumbup: With your 'hands like a surgeon' I'm not one bit surprised you've captured all the details you have. Glad to have journeyed with you in the building of your blaster;' great fun. Be sure to document your first troop as a 501st member by adding to the trooper log section of the site; see you there!

Awesome Dan! - Congratulations on being 501st Approved! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: What an achievement! You look like you just stepped off the film set by the way :jc_doublethumbup: With your 'hands like a surgeon' I'm not one bit surprised you've captured all the details you have. Glad to have journeyed with you in the building of your blaster;' great fun. Be sure to document your first troop as a 501st member by adding to the trooper log section of the site; see you there!

Many thanks, Jesse. You are very kind.

It’s been a pleasure having you aboard for the journey, and I’ve really benefitted from your input here, and on your own thread.

Good thinking with the troop log - I’ll certainly do that when it happens. :-)

Best wishes,

The Surgeon (I mean, Dan) ;-)

• Like 3

Hi all,
Decided to put together a simple slide show of my build, featuring some of the highlights of the build. Saves trawling through the whole thread for pics.

Hope it helps any prospective builders. :-)

Best wishes,
Dan

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Dracotrooper said:

ah, so the fun continues Dan - excellent! Looking forward to your posts.

It’s always fun around here mate. :-)

3 hours ago, Harbinger said:

Hollow scope rail, is that the Rogue One E-11?

Hmmm... not sure about the scope rail. It’s ANH - might just look funny in the blurry pic. :-)

2 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Sheartech or Imperial Warfighters?  I've been thinking of getting a rubber one, so would be interested in your thoughts.

Went for Imperial Warfighters, Chris. It’s really nice. 

More details here:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Durbin said:

A video of your next doopys build would be a massive hit!

Hehe. Might be a while til my next one. Probably pipe build next though, as and when. :-) 

Edited by CableGuy

• 1 month later...