Tarok's Anovos ANH TK Build - TK27777 Approved

tarok

23 minutes ago, tarok said:

Is an issue if the skirt section of the neck seal is exposed?

No it’s not but try to get the back plate as high as you can:salute:

And, you were approved? If so be sure to request TK status here 

Hi Rudi,

Nice progress. Looks like some tidy work!

If I may, I’d highly suggest doing any and all fitting whilst wearing your proper undersuit. A tight fitting undersuit is a must for a well fitted TK. Fitting with normal clothes could lead to some unfortunate surprises when you get it all on with your undersuit.

Keep up the good work. :-)

Dan

No it’s not but try to get the back plate as high as you can:salute:
And, you were approved? If so be sure to request TK status here 

Thanks for the quick response

Are there any recommendations about the gap between the kidney and back plates? I didn’t see anything in the CRL, but screen footage shows them all flush (I think).

I’m approved via the IOC. Thought I had my TKID on my profile but will check when I’m on a PC again.

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

Hi Rudi,

Nice progress. Looks like some tidy work!

If I may, I’d highly suggest doing any and all fitting whilst wearing your proper undersuit. A tight fitting undersuit is a must for a well fitted TK. Fitting with normal clothes could lead to some unfortunate surprises when you get it all on with your undersuit.

Keep up the good work. :-)

Dan

Thanks Dan,

Will definitely take some photos in the undersuit during the week. was on the go between gardenwork, kid-wrangling, dog-walking, and the workshop, so this was just a quick few snaps before the missus caught me slacking off lol

Btw, your own build thread has been a great source - thanks!!!

Rudi

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tarok said:

Thanks for the quick response emoji4.png

Are there any recommendations about the gap between the kidney and back plates? I didn’t see anything in the CRL, but screen footage shows them all flush (I think).

I’m approved via the IOC. Thought I had my TKID on my profile but will check when I’m on a PC again. emoji4.png

Well then - Congratulations Trooper:salute: Just to be clear, you will need to make the request here in order for your TK status to show. 

Regarding the gap it’s as you say not mentioned in the CRL (only overlap issue)  however the goal is to have them as tight as possible, just like the Troopers in the movie :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tarok said:

I’m approved via the IOC. Thought I had my TKID on my profile

It’s me again:P I just looked at your status and the TK designation has not yet turned up on your profile page on 501st.com so you won’t get TK status here intill it does, usually takes just a couple of days :duim:

It’s me again I just looked at your status and the TK designation has not yet turned up on your profile page on 501st.com so you won’t get TK status here intill it does, usually takes just a couple of days :duim:

Hey Daniel

I shouldn’t have TK status yet, just 501st. I’m approved as an officer

Not a progress update - it’s been a busy work week. Took a few new photos tonight wearing my undersuit though.

y6W3k5F.jpg

So I still have the question about back plate height for you fine folk. Is it too low?

I need to straighten the back shoulder tabs and tighten the shoulder straps. That should bring the chest and back plates in a bit. I’m undecided whether to heat bath or heat gun the parts. I’ll mull it over tomorrow.

I need to heat treat the posterior plate as it’s flaring a bit, and I think a bit more of the return edge can be removed. It’s also giving armour bites between my legs which isn’t cool, so I’ll need to round or reduce that section. Looking at Tony’s (ukswrath) tutorial, the tail (for want of a better term) of his posterior plate is quite narrow compared to mine.

This weekend the goal is to finish strapping the shoulder bells, glue the shoulder covers and sort out the right hand side torso strapping.

• Like 1

Can you post larger pictures instead of the five, small collage pic? It’s a little hard to see to give you an accurate answer regarding your back plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask and ye shall receive...

cOGLfq7.jpg

IgsUZNp.jpg

TO0XRvM.jpg

So you mean ab and kidney plates? Done the painters tape thing trust me, those babies ain’t getting any closer. There’s no requirement for them to be flush for basic approval though.

• Like 1

Correct. FWIW, I'm not sure you really need to bring your back plate up. I think if anything, it looks like a lot of blakc space between the top of the back plate and your helmet because you may have a longer neck than average and your helmet may be tilted towards the front.

• Like 1

All good fellas. Appreciate the feedback!

I’d had the photos taken at about 21.00 in a room which uses warm light bulbs, ie a yellowish light. Great for mood lighting, but not ideal for photography Those are the larger unedited photos. I brightened the photos in the collage for colour accuracy, just needs a bit of the old zoomy-zoom to see details

• 6 months later...

Purely for completeness: a final update to close out this build thread.

TK27777 reporting for duty!

After 2 years this build is finally over. I was approved earlier this week. I’ve still got a few wearability enhancements to make (studs, remove more return edge, helmet fans, and of course my blaster), but probably won’t take this kit beyond L1 (never say never ).

Thanks go to those in the group who provided advice and guidance. There’ve been many, too many to mention individually, build threads I’ve followed and taken nuggets from. Off the top of my head though,@Kman,@Ukswrath,@Cricket,@themaninthesuitcase (I know I’ve typed that wrong... again!),@Rat Ferrel... if I’ve failed to mention you, don’t take offence, I’m pretty forgetful lol

Instead of loading this post with my submission photos, here’s the one my Garrison used

yj8V24V.jpg

P.s. how do I get Detachment access/status updated? I can’t seem to post in the “sign off” forum.

• Like 3

Awesome job and congrats trooper, glad I could help you in some way.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tarok said:

P.s. how do I get Detachment access/status updated? I can’t seem to post in the “sign off” forum.

Congrats!  That's a great picture!

And here is where you request 501st and full FISD access: 

Detachment status updates are done in bulk a few times be year, so don't worry if it says Pending for a while in your profile on the 501st site.  That only matters once Legion elections come up, in early 2020.  (see also the first post in this thread:

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

• tarok changed the title to Tarok's Anovos ANH TK Build - TK27777 Approved