TLJ Helmet Comparison

camprandall

Hey Clint,
Check on "TDK Props" on Facebook. They just showed 3D renders of their upcoming TLJ helmet and this one is very promising.

I did mention there were was another maker waiting in the wings Aussie made too

The renders look solid. Knowing their work I can also vouch for the quality of their output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome back to another episode of "why in the hell did I start this thread?"!! ;)

So there are more and more helmet options popping up. I'll post some additional pics here, but keeping up with comparisons is going to prove challenging. Good news for us though, right? 

ANOVOS

4gwY3UJ.png

TDK PROPS

FBiU2RL.jpg

Here's another in the prelimerary stage

Armory Shop 

27500207_975601832603369_4663963312821162300_o.thumb.jpg.2ff5e20ecac79343b8495faf8cf2c3af.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Another maker

JMS Props on FB

IqtvAox.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, JAFO said:

It doesn’t have mesh behind the teeth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Without having high res photos or a disassembled canon helmet I'm not sure if anyone knows if there's mesh behind or between the teeth. I'm guessing everyone that's replicating the canon helmet is putting the mesh between the teeth, though I could be wrong. BSP version 1 helmets didn't have the mesh period, I believe that's been corrected.

On 10/28/2017 at 9:15 PM, TheDon said:

I guess I might have to order a bucket from Phoenix props since I jumped the gun and got a BSP. :( 

Joe I have extra mesh for the teeth if you need it.

22 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Without having high res photos or a disassembled canon helmet I'm not sure if anyone knows if there's mesh behind or between the teeth. I'm guessing everyone that's replicating the canon helmet is putting the mesh between the teeth, though I could be wrong. BSP version 1 helmets didn't have the mesh period, I believe that's been corrected.

If its been resolved and BSP didn't share that before I ordered his helmet and paid dearly for im going to be slightly upset. 

Joe, I ordered some of that mesh to try and modify the BSP also. Shouldn't be too bad. Has anyone had problems getting approved with the BSP helmet without mesh though?

I'm repainting mine now, since Anovos delayed (shocker) their executioner helmet. Still no word on when the Phoenix Props bucket will ship, so it looks like my BSP will end up as my executioner helmet.

Just now, TheDon said:

If its been resolved and BSP didn't share that before I ordered his helmet and paid dearly for im going to be slightly upset. 

Welcome to my world. Since I'm always eager to have the first costumes almost all of mine have had accuracy modifications made. Unfortunately when the first images or videos of anything that comes are generally never clear enough, not enough information or facts go out the window. What suppliers perceive as accurate may be way off as we've seen in so many instances. Long story short what BSP perceived to be factual was probably a simple mistake. As for what exactly they're making now you might want to ask them.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTninja said:

Is Anovos the only ABS version currently planned?

I've never seen another ABS in market. There's is currently the FOJE only but a good sand and repaint means a TLJ FOTK ready to go :)

• Like 1

I honestly think we should just take down the ANOVOS version from this guide. They still haven't delivered one and there's no clarity on when that will happen. Calling them a "resource" when you can't reliably get one is probably not helpful. I'd prefer to focus on options you can get. Still waiting on Phoenix Props too. Right now Jimmi, Backstage Props, and KB Props are the only vendors I know who have actually delivered products.

• Like 1