CONTEST: Aiming for Centurion??

justjoseph63

This contest is for any and all new folks who are currently building a TK and looking to head toward Centurion level with their first kit.   First prize will be complete set of items that will help get you there, including a set of white silicone hand guards, a complete set of the correct TD screws, a complete set of  correct ear screws, and a complete set of split and single cap rivets.

Your task will be to answer (in 50 words or less) what it means to you to reach Centurion level.

A photo of your build progress will increase your chances.

Deadline for entries is September 1st, and the winner will be selected by our Imperial Attaches and announced soon after.

Unfortunately, if you are outside the U.S. a $15.00 postage fee will apply.  Postage to Canada will be courtesy of Aaron, (Pyrates)!

Enter your answer below on this thread, and good luck!!

CLOSED.  Winner will be notified on Wednesday, Sept. 6th.  Thanks!!

• Like 3

Since I already have bought these things from you, Joseph, I will do this, but I'm not in it to win. :)

I've been wanting to build my armor for years, since I first saw my first 501st stormtrooper on a vacation and how many smiles they brought to people's faces!  The state I used to live in had a order that did charity work, but it was all behind the scenes.  You heard about the order I was part of, but you never saw the faces of those involved.  I want to bring smiles to people's faces and make children's days better, and this is MY reason :).  To the ones that made my day, now I pass that feeling along!

Good luck to those entering!!!!!!  *Yes I realize that this exceeds the 50 word count*

Edited by Btabc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Btabc said:

Since I already have bought these things from you, Joseph, I will do this, but I'm not in it to win. :)

I've been wanting to build my armor for years, since I first saw my first 501st stormtrooper on a vacation and how many smiles they brought to people's faces!  The state I used to live in had a order that did charity work, but it was all behind the scenes.  You heard about the order I was part of, but you never saw the faces of those involved.  I want to bring smiles to people's faces and make children's days better, and this is MY reason :).  To the ones that made my day, now I pass that feeling along!

Good luck to those entering!!!!!!  *Yes I realize that this exceeds the 50 word count*

Nicely put, brother.  Very nice indeed!  The smiles are definitely worth the sweat.

1 hour ago, Btabc said:

Sounds like a familiar story, well said and good luck

I've been a Star Wars fan essentially since birth and had thought about joining the 501st on and off over the years, but what tipped me over the edge was having my own son in the ICU for about 6 months of his first year due to a congenital brain cyst and the ensuing complications after 17 surgeries. I even met a member of the GGG at the same hospital who also had a son in the ICU and I never got his name, so I hope to reconnect after I get approved. The idea that I can bring some smiles to kids like our sons is all the motivation I need.

(My son is 3 and is doing great now.)

Edit: Just saw the bit about including a photo. I've been working on my kit for about 3 months and just did my first full suit up (minus the helmet which you can see on the ground behind me) a couple nights ago and I was honestly giddy to see the photos. I decided to try to build to Centurion from the beginning and I hope I've done a good job.

M0lLoNs.jpg

Edited by shashachu
Added photo
  • Like 3

On 20/8/2017 at 3:51 PM, shashachu said:

I've been a Star Wars fan essentially since birth and had thought about joining the 501st on and off over the years, but what tipped me over the edge was having my own son in the ICU for about 6 months of his first year due to a congenital brain cyst and the ensuing complications after 17 surgeries. I even met a member of the GGG at the same hospital who also had a son in the ICU and I never got his name, so I hope to reconnect after I get approved. The idea that I can bring some smiles to kids like our sons is all the motivation I need.

UOU... Good Luck !!!!

On 8/20/2017 at 9:51 AM, shashachu said:

"Like"

That is great news!  I can't imagine how difficult it must have been.  This is what it's all about.

I’m joining the 501st and aiming for Centurion both selfishly and selflessly. Selfishly, I’ve always dreamed of being a TK and portray this iconic character. Selflessly, as I age I see more of the people around me affected by life’s struggles - this is my chance to give back. :-)

95d9ac48a7cf82aa50771473de373d51.jpg

(Btw, happy not to win as I already have the parts - just wanted to share with the community)

5 hours ago, starsaber25 said:

"Like"

That is great news!  I can't imagine how difficult it must have been.  This is what it's all about.

Thank you! It was by far the hardest thing I've ever gone through and will ever got through, I'm sure. He's a tough kid, though, and came out the other side smiling.

Wow.  With a post like Sha Sha’s I do not want the prize but in the spirit of the FISD I would still like to post my 50 words, if anything just to formally give some thanks to all those out there who help others so generously around the FISD community:

This is the most positive community I know.  I receive nothing but selfless help from members worldwide including USA, Japan, Europe, even a soldier who PM’d me between duty.  My goal is to honor those who help others, by making centurion armor they can be proud to have helped build.

Edited by Edgar Frogg
added some pics in a new post below!
  • Like 2

I also already have all the bits I need, so like Btabc, I am also not in to win. Let the parts go to someone who needs them.
That said, my 50ish words:

One of my earliest memories is watching the Stormtroopers pouring into the Tantive IV and thinking they looked awesome. Once approved, I will be representing an IP that has has profoundly affected my life. I owe it to that first wave to do it right.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On 8/17/2017 at 2:48 PM, Btabc said:

just save them for your nest suit :-)

1 hour ago, sylverbard said:

just save them for your nest suit :-)

That is true, I can.  However, this time I will bow out so they can help someone else who's still in their process of making/completing their TK :).  Besides, my next costume may not require some of these items (Shoretrooper) ;) 

4 hours ago, Pyrates said:

Absolutely nothing short of epic responses here - love it!!!emoji38.pngemoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed!  The Attaches are going to have a tough time judging this one, and it's fantastic to see the participation!  Hopefully we will see a huge batch of EI and Centurion submissions coming up soon, (gotta keep Andrew and Tony busy and out of mischief, LOL).

• Like 2

And, if you are helping someone with their EI & Centurion, DO make sure you log it in your Detachment Armorer progress page.   Yes, shameless plug...

• Like 2

Okay, here I go:

Lately, there are days when my job makes me feel like a faceless, uniformed number.  I've decided to have fun with that, and be a faceless uniform that people are happy to see.

On 8/17/2017 at 1:12 PM, justjoseph63 said:

A photo of your build progress will increase your chances.

Well, I'm still waiting on the arrival of my ANOVOS TK, so my "build" consists of a pair TK boots, two sets UnderArmour, a pair of basic approval/trooping gloves, a UKSWRATH Hearing Assist System, and an unassembled E-11 kit ... 

7 hours ago, Wompet said:

Lately, there are days when my job makes me feel like a faceless, uniformed number.  I've decided to have fun with that, and be a faceless uniform that people are happy to see

This is great. :) Do you know when your Anovos kit will arrive?

Wow great to see all the enthusiasm and community help here!!!

Shasha, I truly respect you perseverance and wish you and your son nothing but the best for the future!!!

And truly great words from everyone....best.community.ever.

Going for Centurion level definitely shows dedication, but for some of us it's a marathon, not a sprint :laugh1:

Like others, I have the parts; but as for me, I'm just waiting on having the time to add my 'big guy' kidney plate shims ( read as 'play with ABS paste') to make the leap into EI and Centurion, LOL

ONE MORE DAY..  Just a note to say a big THANKS to all of you who participated in this!  It's awesome to see so many of you headed toward Centurion, and with all these great entries choosing one is gonna' be one tough task!

• Like 1