CONTEST: Why a Stormtrooper?

justjoseph63

Okay all you (501st approved) whitearmor types... Here is a chance to win some cool swag, including an official 501st (3 x 16) inch (8 x 40 CM) car decal and an official FISD embroidered patch.  (Maybe an extra item or two depending on your answer).

Just state in 25 words or less what it means to you to be a Stormtrooper with the FISD.

The winning entry will be chosen by the Imperial Attaches, and the cutoff date will be September 1st.

One photo can be included with each entry.  

Post up your responses below in this thread!

Good luck!!!    Joseph

CLOSED:  Winner will be notified on Wednesday, Sept. 6th.  Thanks!!!

• Like 3

I am grateful and proud.  Because without everyone’s help here, my Centurion level TK would still be in pieces in a box. 
36497117821_c5a7172459.jpg

• Like 1

Someone asked me this question at a convention recently because the wanted to get involved with the 501st and I'll answer it the same. 

Other then our love for Star Wars, We get to dress up as our favorite character to help people. Sometimes its to raise money but mostly we get to lift someones spirit. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 1

Star Wars! Fun. Charity. Community. Pew Pew. Bad Guys Doing Good. Volunteer. Smiles and Tears. Pay it Forward. Centurion. Um, Star Wars!

Stormtroopers, being the face of the franchaise, are the most recognized costume.  Being one, interacting in character, brings smiles, cheers, jeers, and tears to fans of all ages.  Of this I am proud, and proud to serve.

GREAT responses, everyone!  I gotta answer a question raised by Tisco2K, though...

"Who doesnt love stormtroopers ..."  Rebel scum, that's who.. LOL.

You are absolutely correct though, Charley.  Any TK who has been on a troop with members of our sister organization will attest to the fact that people would rather get a pic with a Stormtrooper.  We are just that cool.  :)

• Like 2

35887932164_c38564ee80_o.jpg

To be a part of something so amazing, so passionate, with unparalleled (and unquestioned) loyalty to the 501st, the Legion’s causes, and to each other. 

(Let's be honest- that picture says it all, but I felt like I needed to write something anyway!)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, msouza said:

Someone asked me this question at a convention recently because the wanted to get involved with the 501st and I'll answer it the same. 

Other then our love for Star Wars, We get to dress up as our favorite character to help people. Sometimes its to raise money but mostly we get to lift someones spirit. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Love this. You have my vote lol

Pride, Honor, Brotherhood, Happiness, Giving, Love, Tears, Pain, Smiles, Community, Helping, Wonder, Awe

and Family

My Son and I

MCQIRAn.jpg

Edited by nukem25rs
  • Like 1

The responses so far are indeed awesome, and also - just because I want to throw this out there - what a great idea this contest is!  We all know what this means to us as individuals, and we all take part in the spirit of giving and sharing of ourselves in some way because we are here.  That speaks for itself.

How awesome is it to share this with each other?  It has already been mentioned a few times, but what is more iconic or awesome than Stormtroopers?  

Keep them coming everyone!!  

• Like 1

Completely defining what this means to me in under 25 words is imposable but here it goes.

Growing up all i wanted to do is play with star wars toys.  Now at 41 all I want to do is play with star wars toys.

• Like 1