Voice amp placement within armor?

So recently been tinkering around with a pyle pro 50w amp in conjunction with troopertalk. Functionality is great but not sure where to place the speaker system, thinking of putting velcro in the chest (front or back? not sure). But it would be drowned out from the undersuit, is it possible to clip the speaker on the canvas belt? If anyone has any threads that discuss this please send me them thank you so much!

Edited by SyntaxisDan

I have my aker amp facing outwards up against the chest plate, doesn't sit flush so there is enough sound coming out, also gives it a nice muffled sound. I have two small angles of abs glued so the amp and icomm can't fall down and I use Velcro to hold them in place.

• Like 2

I used some foam spacers for the amp to sit on (no sound vibration) then using some off cuts, 2 inch elastic and a good lot of E6000 made a strap loop, the Velcro is there for my wireless receiver to stick to 

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

The TK anh stunt-2 reference says, "Vocoder (vertically ribbed chin detail) is painted black."
Doesn't it make sense to put the loudspeaker in there? It would need some isolation to prevent the wearer's speech microphone picking up the vocoder speaker. As long as a black mesh was used in the furrows, it should look okay and pass inspection. 

Yes, the old Harman-Kardon speakers from an ancient iMac are still in the recycle bin.

• 2 months later...

I put mine right behind the ab button plate (I'm skinny and have a lot of room in my armor). I formed a piece of ABS and glued it on so that the speaker could clip onto it.

speaker-setup1.jpg

speaker-setup2.jpg

I'm also using a bluetooth mic (the bluetooth receiver is in the picture). The extra velcro was when I had a larger wireless receiver and icomm which I don't use anymore.

• Like 4

On 2/22/2018 at 6:35 PM, Grizff18 said:

Wireless receiver? Can you elaborate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi there , i have a wireless bluetooth rig for my mic so thats what i meant by that , so with that and the tramp unit i am totally cable free both the wireless mic, receiver and tramp unit have more than enough juice to last a full days trooping 

6 hours ago, GunSlinger said:

I have a pyle pro with an Iphone (Trooper talk.)  Any thoughts on just using the neck strap that comes with the speaker? For those of you that use Troopertalk, where do you keep your phone?   

Thank you.

I rigged up a hard "pocket" next to my amp on the inside of the chest. I string the cable out the top of the armour, plug in the phone and get the app going when I need it. Then I just drop it into the "pocket". This keeps the phone dry on hot troops. I don't want my iPhone wet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2018 at 11:23 AM, hupspring said:

I put mine right behind the ab button plate (I'm skinny and have a lot of room in my armor). I formed a piece of ABS and glued it on so that the speaker could clip onto it.

speaker-setup1.jpg

speaker-setup2.jpg

I'm also using a bluetooth mic (the bluetooth receiver is in the picture). The extra velcro was when I had a larger wireless receiver and icomm which I don't use anymore.

So your speaker is actually in the ab and not the chest? How high volume do you set yours? I always seem to get feedback on mine  if I'm about 3/4 volume. I wonder if moving it to the ab will reduce feedback

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ABomb said:

So your speaker is actually in the ab and not the chest? How high volume do you set yours? I always seem to get feedback on mine  if I'm about 3/4 volume. I wonder if moving it to the ab will reduce feedback

I put the volume around half to 3/4. I think once I put it at full volume and did have some feedback.

• 4 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:34 AM, hupspring said:

I put the volume around half to 3/4. I think once I put it at full volume and did have some feedback.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:17 PM, ABomb said:

I was getting feedback so I added foam in the helmet, it helped out a ton! Also, the mic sits at the bridge of my nose. those mics don't need to be at your mouth as long as the mic is directed the right way. the feedback can be caused from the noise bouncing off the inside of the helmet and back into the mic

Edited by Commander Gree

• 2 months later...
On 2/23/2018 at 8:23 AM, hupspring said:

speaker-setup2.jpg

Just out of interest, which bluetooth mic did you end up going with?

Thanks,

Mark

19 hours ago, Suspend said:

Just out of interest, which bluetooth mic did you end up going with?

Thanks,

Mark

I got one of the Wireless Trooping Systems mics when they were selling them on the forums a couple years ago. I don't think they sell them anymore. The only issue I've ever had with it was accidentally pairing it with another trooper's mic when we apparently both turned them on at about the same time. I was just about to get on an elevator to the troop when I heard someone else talking through my speaker. Luckily it happened before getting on the elevator and not after I got off. :)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, hupspring said:

I got one of the Wireless Trooping Systems mics when they were selling them on the forums a couple years ago. I don't think they sell them anymore. The only issue I've ever had with it was accidentally pairing it with another trooper's mic when we apparently both turned them on at about the same time. I was just about to get on an elevator to the troop when I heard someone else talking through my speaker. Luckily it happened before getting on the elevator and not after I got off. :)

Thanks!!

• 2 months later...
On 9/27/2018 at 5:15 PM, Bud Spaklur said:

So here’s my configuration and I have had ZERO issues with sound being muffled:7F462CE6-8C26-4E91-8055-D14DCD050178.thumb.jpeg.c7c44a0ff95c4d9bf4f2021a649dcd94.jpeg

I lined the entire back of my amp with Velcro and it stays put perfectly in that spot in the chest. It faces inward towards me, not outward, and it’s NOT muffled. The sound is clear and loud. It doesn’t press up against my chest. My iComm sits to the left as you can see, and Bluetooth receiver is plugged into the iComm above. In the ab, that is a powerbank to the right. In the center of the ab is Velcro for my phone. I plug the phone into the powerbank and also into the amp. I run TK Chatter while I troop and had no issues with this setup.

I did just get the new iPhone XS Plus and it has loud speakers, so I don’t find I need the green cable running into the amp anymore. So my most recent troop, this wire was not in the ab:

87EF3E35-9690-407C-8F4F-3D09C9BCE0A6.jpeg

Which Bluetooth and mic do you use Bud?

3 minutes ago, Bud Spaklur said:

This one:
WinBridge UHF Wireless Microphone Headset Rechargeable Transmitters & Receivers 6.35mm for Voice Amplifier Audio Sound System External Speaker DSLR Camera etc (WB008 Pro) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076DZ9D98/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_SPWeCbN427DJ5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool thx!