Anovos E-11D blaster pre sale, new news or old?

-----------

has a anyone seen this blaster on display at the SDCC? Or any other event? Sorry if this has been posted about before. I stumbled upon it the other day on their site and was surprised since they did not send the usual promotional email for it. Hope it stays true to the movie used blasters as far as exterior details go. No electronics , just a static blaster. Interesting they are going with orange for the base color, black or white base color would be easier to work with/]. As they mention changes may be made to the blaster than what is presently posted. 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I saw it at SDCC and handled some of the parts with one of the reps present. I'm not an expert on this particular blaster so I can't give you any information on the accuracy. What I CAN offer is a tiny bit of information about the materials used. The rep said it was a lightweight rubber kit. Sure enough, it was light and had some flex and give to it when I played with the pieces. I would say it is much more rigid than my HFX B-Grade E-11, but felt as light. A strange combination honestly, but it felt good in my opinion. It seemed like their goal was to keep trooping and carry weight in mind, only time will tell if they succeed. As for the color, I don't know why it was orange and I didn't ask. It was not hollow and I don't think it was designed to receive electronics kits based on the prototype/sample I was shown. Not to say that it couldn't be done... just that there were no voids/cavities in the parts I saw. Hope something was useful in this post.

-Dana

Edited by QuartZ

As far as I can tell, these blasters are identical to the ones we saw at Celebration VII. That means that in terms of accuracy, dimensions of the parts, etc... It's actually quite good! The only downside to me seems that the material used for casting isn't the sharpest of all, and that you lose some definition on the finer details. But on the other hand you get something very durable and lightweight which is excellent for trooping purpose. 

About the orange color, it's probably for legal purpose I guess. If they want to ship these to all the countries they are currently shipping to, they don't want half of them to get seized at custom. So by making it fully orange like that, it becomes a "Toy" instead of a "firearm replica" and should have no problems at customs (I think to be considered as a toy, a weapon as to be more tanh 60 or so percent orange).