As always doc jim is the packing master
NsHavSa.jpg

The helmet unbox
63IUK2H.jpg
olHUktZ.jpg
sz1FX1m.jpg
g3XTnfB.jpg
Cpfygqa.jpg

I didn't include the hovi tips in the pictures for i will replace them with resin or plastics ones

minor damage on the armor but what is good with fiberglass is that i can be easily fix with CA glue
CaOXxav.jpg
iEKrGLP.jpg

Armor checked... none is missing
mVVuefn.jpg

That's all for now.... 

• Like 2

• darthcue changed the title to darthcue's ROTK build (jimmiroquai)

The back plate painted 1st coating
FstA5SI.jpg

my cod and ab armor connection
FkJ4ZeB.jpg

shins
MbGd3sT.jpg

my belt modification
d7sjLvO.jpg
hPZK3xY.jpg
anV89EN.jpg

the helmet painted 1st coating
okqzUfk.jpg
j85cmcs.jpg 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2017 at 12:10 AM, darthcue said:

my Hovi tips are here
wfCR5Dy.jpg
K1H7gLp.jpg
stainless steel mesh
wO9byr1.jpg

Where did you get the tips from? Are they Rogue One specific?

Also - what kind of glue are you using to attache the buttons to the fiberglass?

Edited by Hankey
Adding more questions.

13 hours ago, Hankey said:

Where did you get the tips from? Are they Rogue One specific?

Also - what kind of glue are you using to attache the buttons to the fiberglass?

I got the hovi tips from stormtrooperblaster.com... They are not Rogue One specific... the difference i think with the tips on Rogue One are the mesh with are round shaped as can be seen in reference pictures with can be easily replicated. What do you mean by buttons to the fiberglass?  

8 hours ago, darthcue said:

I got the hovi tips from stormtrooperblaster.com... They are not Rogue One specific... the difference i think with the tips on Rogue One are the mesh with are round shaped as can be seen in reference pictures with can be easily replicated. What do you mean by buttons to the fiberglass?  

When you connected your strapping. Did you use the button (Maybe I should call them snaps?) method? It looked like it on your front armor. Did you glue one piece to your armor and what did you use.

Edited by Hankey

15 hours ago, Hankey said:

When you connected your strapping. Did you use the button (Maybe I should call them snaps?) method? It looked like it on your front armor. Did you glue one piece to your armor and what did you use.

I just use CA Glue on connecting the snaps on the fiberglass

So how are you dealing with cracks? I have a crack at a crucial point on my back armor at the shoulder strap slots. Without reconstruction, how do I repair it? Per the maker's advice, I put Gorilla Glue Epoxy on underneath it, and I additionally put some in the crack. Did I do this right?

So here's the slot before the epoxy. You can't see the actual crack, but it's at the bottom corner of that slot. It was big enough when I bent it back for a needle to fit into. It curves into the hollowed section. I'm trying to avoid any reconstruction of any sort that involves sculpting.

Image may contain: one or more people

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Par_ said:

So how are you dealing with cracks? I have a crack at a crucial point on my back armor at the shoulder strap slots. Without reconstruction, how do I repair it? Per the maker's advice, I put Gorilla Glue Epoxy on underneath it, and I additionally put some in the crack. Did I do this right?

So here's the slot before the epoxy. You can't see the actual crack, but it's at the bottom corner of that slot. It was big enough when I bent it back for a needle to fit into. It curves into the hollowed section. I'm trying to avoid any reconstruction of any sort that involves sculpting.

Image may contain: one or more people

Hey Reese, what i did with cracks on my armor at first was with CA glue and 2 part epoxy as support as suggested by Jim but cracks still break maybe due to the flexibility of the material. A friend of mine who helped me with the painting of my armor suggested to use a cement of some sort that can be bought from a pharmacy used by dentist to make or repair dentures... it is very strong and can withstand flexing of the armor, i can no longer see the cracks. hope this can help.    

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 2:34 PM, Hanseart said:

Metal, Plastic or rubber? Where did you buy it?

Looks amazing!

It is made of plastic and aluminum.... got the plastic parts and PVC pipe from Robert or swpropman in Ebay

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 6:08 PM, darthcue said:

Hey Reese, what i did with cracks on my armor at first was with CA glue and 2 part epoxy as support as suggested by Jim but cracks still break maybe due to the flexibility of the material. A friend of mine who helped me with the painting of my armor suggested to use a cement of some sort that can be bought from a pharmacy used by dentist to make or repair dentures... it is very strong and can withstand flexing of the armor, i can no longer see the cracks. hope this can help.    

Hey this helps great! Btw, any update on the armor? And what brand was that dental putty?  I'm assuming I can get it at Walgreens?

I had new cracks developed at tge bottom sides of the chest armor, where I kept on velcro in and uncelcroing the side connections. How are you attaching the side connections under the arm? This industrial grade velcro is real strong, and I think it's strength coukd be contributing to the stress of seperating and unseperating.

Edited by Parquette

2 minutes ago, Parquette said:

Hey this helps great! Btw, any update on the armor? And what brand was that dental putty?  I'm assuming I can get it at Walgreens?

There is no brand on the dental putty... updates on the armor i will post soon!

• Like 1