Obi Ron's build thread - could use some help

rzill

Hey All - my name is Ron, and I bought my ATA armor five years ago.  One thing and another halted my build, but I am back on the horse.  I have the arms done, aside from snaps and straps, which I want to finish after the torso is done... which leads me to this question - does anyone know of a good tutorial for building an ESB TK torso?  I saw the one on Trooperbay, but it seemed to leave some things out.  Hard to find one on here, or my local Garrison (Michigan).

Thanks!!

Need some advice about the thigh issue.  This is my right thigh, so the bottom can be covered by the ammo pack.  However, I trimmed this too small, so this isn't the greatest looking cover strip.  Is it at least worthy of getting 501st accepted?  I'll never exactly be asked as an extra in a stand alone SW film, or get high level certification, I just want to troop!  I am also concerned about the cover strip side view not being 100% flush against the armor.  This is about the best I can do without actually buying new thighs, and starting over.  I know I still need to trim up the top, and pick out the glue buggers:  http://imgur.com/BIr1cPz     http://imgur.com/MJxSp2p

Well, here's the thing - I'm a moron when it comes to building anything with my hands.  I'll do what's easier, and go with snaps/straps. I've written (very sloppily with a photo editing pen) a couple of my questions. Basically, do the snaps go on the return edge along the bottom of the chest? Because if they do, I'll have to leave some of that wrinkled plastic when I trim it - snaps would not fit on the return edge if I cut those wrinkly edges all the way off.  http://imgur.com/a/E3vMs

Well, here's the thing - I'm a moron when it comes to building anything with my hands.  I'll do what's easier, and go with snaps/straps. I've written (very sloppily with a photo editing pen) a couple of my questions. Basically, do the snaps go on the return edge along the bottom of the chest? Because if they do, I'll have to leave some of that wrinkled plastic when I trim it - snaps would not fit on the return edge if I cut those wrinkly edges all the way off.  http://imgur.com/a/E3vMs
Hi mate. The snaps go on the inside of your armour,not the return edges

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

When in doubt check out what someone else did. Look up Centurion application photo's. Each one has a photo of the interior strapping. It's actually good to check out a bunch and see all the different ways others have done it. Especially with the ab/kidney connections.

So, the difference between ANH and ESB troopers?  Talking with a local trooper, he said it was definitely painting the helmet, rather than using decals (and different colored frown on the helmet), and the hand guards.  Any other differences?  I have ESB going, but I would rather be ANH.

Here is a guide to help you:   www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41016-billgrams-the-one-stop-shop/

About half way down give you a comparison for the ANH AND ESB. The holster on the belt is on opposite sides also.

Switching to ANH.  I originally bought the ESB blaster.  I know the ANH is different, I think it just has a scope, where the ESB does not... maybe that's why the troopers in ANH actually hit something!  Anyway, should I look to trade it, or can it have the scope added on?

22 minutes ago, rzill said:

Switching to ANH.  I originally bought the ESB blaster.  I know the ANH is different, I think it just has a scope, where the ESB does not... maybe that's why the troopers in ANH actually hit something!  Anyway, should I look to trade it, or can it have the scope added on?

ESB blaster has none of the following:

• No ammo counter shall be present.
  • No power cylinders on the magazine housing.
  •  
  • For level 2
  • Sterling based blasters have the correct M-38 or M-19 style scope. (The M-19 scope is preferred.)

When ever in doubt check the CRL's

ESB

ANH