Disney Sells Armor

I do not know if this is common knowledge or not, but I figured I should share this.

At Walt Disney World: Hollywood Studios There is store called Launch Bay Cargo. They have a catalog with various star wars outfits and armor kits you can buy. Yes, it is made by a certain manufacturer.

Pros:

• They usually cost less than buying direct.
  • Shipping is typically faster and does not hold to the manufacturer's posted schedule.
  • If you have a seasonal pass or vacation club, you get a 20% discount.

Cons:

• You have to be at the store in person to order. :/

29 minutes ago, DaygoErm said:

The TK listed there is $1800.  And you have to ask an cast member for more info. 

That is correct and if I recall correctly that includes everything (hard and soft) for a complete set with no extras (meaning blasters, pauldrons, etc.)

Do you know if they sell it at Disney Land? If so, which store? 

15 minutes ago, stewi0001 said:

That is correct and if I recall correctly that includes everything (hard and soft) for a complete set with no extras (meaning blasters, pauldrons, etc.)

I'm actually going there Saturday, I'll check.  Don't forget to ask me about it here after Saturday.  I might forget to respond.  Lol

On 8/9/2017 at 7:41 AM, stewi0001 said:

Hey, so I went this weekend.  They do have a Disney Launch Bay there too.  Not all armor available.  But they can be requested and quoted.  But it's there!

5 minutes ago, DaygoErm said:

Hey, so I went this weekend.  They do have a Disney Launch Bay there too.  Not all armor available.  But they can be requested and quoted.  But it's there!

Did you happen to ask about pricing? some are suggesting you can purchase cheaper through the Disney store than directly thought Anovos ;)

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Did you happen to ask about pricing? some are suggesting you can purchase cheaper through the Disney store than directly thought Anovos ;)

No, I just took photos of everything.  Wasn't able to ask, because by the time I got there, they were about to close.  

21 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

yes is cheap than buying direct. The complete FO kit on the site is $2k+. At Disney it's $1800. If you are DVC or an Annual Passholder you get 20% off. So that takes it to about $1440. I believe the classic is $1100 because I remember my nephew looking at it.

Thanks for the feedback DaygoErm!

Edited by stewi0001

3 minutes ago, stewi0001 said:

yes is cheap than buying direct. The complete FO kit on the site is $2k+. At Disney it's $1800. If you are DVC or an Annual Passholder you get 20% off. So that takes it to about $1440. I believe the classic is $1100 because I remember my nephew looking at it.

Wow!  That's great discounts

When I was at Disneyland, I asked them (they had the Vader outfit for sale, but no TKs) and they said Anovos was their supplier for the costumes and suits (Vader, Han, Imperial Officer, etc). So I'm guessing Anovos already knows? :)

-shnar

On 8/27/2017 at 5:36 PM, cjkirk11 said:

When I was there two years ago I noticed them and they are indeed anovos. You fill out an order form that goes to anovos and you still have to wait for shipping. Atleast when I was there they didn't have anything on hand.

Yes you still have to wait for it to ship but it does not go by ANOVOS shipping calendar. Disney seems to have priority. So if it is in stock, it will be shipped. I got my helmet within a week or 2.

On 8/27/2017 at 7:10 PM, ltchobs said:

Are these just the kits or assembled sets?

I do not know for sure. I know what I was looking at is definitely an armor kit with soft parts included and the helmet is probably pre-assembled.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Joe.Gravelle said:

I may need to cancel my order through the anovos website and hit up launch bay.... 

I would highly recommend it. Especially if you have an Annual Pass. Of course, make sure that they have what you are after first.

Edited by stewi0001

I just left the Launch Bay at Disneyland... they sell TK Helmets for $280 (I didn't check shipping on this item) and the TK Armor Ensemble for $1800 (plus $150 shipping). No kits.

The woman working there was nice enough to pull out their Store catalog that they use for ordering. I flipped through the whole thing and found no kits. As an Anual Pass holder you can get 20% off (at least at my pass tier). So the Armor Ensemble would end up costing about $1700 after discount (including shipping and CA tax). She also said they think you receive the items within 6-12 weeks. But they ship direct from Anovos and the employee said It's out of Disneyland's hands at that point.

Hope some of that information helps. I went there today hoping to order a TK Armor Kit since I was notified my order from December of last year has been delayed (sadly as I expected). Was slated for Summer 2017 shipping. Oh Anovos!

Oh, and they replaced their TK Helmet in the display case with a v2.0

-Dana

Edited by QuartZ
  • Like 1

Just a note to let folks know that you can get an RS props full commision set of armor for just about the same price:  http://www.rspropmasters.com/product/complete-stormtrooper-commission-2/  The wait time is 6 to 8 weeks, but the accuracy and quality are leaps and bounds better.  Also, RS is pretty much built to Centurion level right out of the box. 

Speaking only to complete builds the RS knocks the Anovos into a cocked hat. Price is probably great for non UK people too *grumbles about exchange rates*

Worth remembering too that the Anovos kit appears to share the same heritage as the RS kit.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Worth remembering too that the Anovos kit appears to share the same heritage as the RS kit.

True, but RS's quality, screen accuracy, and customer service are leaps and bounds above Anovos'.   Anovos does not supply spare parts if needed and their customer service/delivery times are sketchy at best.

• Like 1

I would also say that RS is pretty easy to work with if you need a replacement part, etc. and even if the price were par, I echo everyone else on RS being the way to go.  Not knocking the ANOVOS guys, but unless it was much less money, you just get more with RS.

• Like 1