Greetings from the City of Champions and the Pirates

stewi0001

Hi everyone,

First off, I am not a die hard Star Wars fan, but I have always liked storm troopers. Recently I caved in and bought an ANOVOS - FO Trooper helmet which has lead me to doing a lot of online research on buying or making the rest of the armor and weapons. Most of the search results have ended up leading me here. So I decided I might as well join up here and continue to learn and share what I know.

I am a husband and father so my financial priorities are my family first. For now I am focusing on modifying my bucket and making the blasters. I will talk more about that stuff in other threads.

FYI my wife is a travel agent that specializes in Disney in case anyone has wants some help planning a trip to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge when it is open ;)

Hello Stew, 

Glad to see you made your way over to the FISD! I am happy to see you get on and say hello! It is good that you did, we have plenty of troopers here to lend a helping hand on any questions that you may have! 

Going to throw some links for you to check out if you haven't already. 

Getting Started... Seriously, read it. Worth all the time in the world. 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

Below are build threads and other materials for you to resource to help you a long your way on becoming a trooper of the first order! 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/152-first-order-stormtroopers/

Good Luck on your build! 

9 minutes ago, stewi0001 said:

Thank you much Pretzel! I have already been digging through some of it. Of course now I kind of want to bang my head on my desk since they are changing the helmet for the next movie...

Oh who wants to be new and hip when you can be a classic? :laugh1: 

Welcome Stew! I'll second what Pretzel has said about Getting Started thread well worth a read and a bookmark! Any questions feel free to ask! 

Welcome aboard. I see you have already started doing your research. As you can see the new FO troopers have slight changes, so you need to decide which troopers on which movie you want to finally do. 

Everyone here will be more than willing to help. 

Good luck. 

And yes, I may reach out to u for Disney needs in the future lol. I live in Miami so me and the Fam goes often. We're passholders lol

Hello and Welcome to FISD.

As a "not a die hard Star Wars fan"  we appriciated your enthusiastic join with us.

Thank you, and tell us more aboit planning a trip to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge when it is open ;)

Hello and welcome to the FISD! :trooper: I agree with Pretzel, classic is pretty awesome and no one mistakes us for vader.

Just now, Buttons said:

gree with Pretzel, classic is pretty awesome and no one mistakes us for vader.

What can I say? I ended up really liking the new design! ;P

BTW, thank you all for the white (black for shadow troopers) plastic welcome ^.^