Twnbrother Build with Dday, FieldMarshall, Aaron, T-Jay, SWPropman and more parts

Twnbrother

I worked on the sounds for the blaster.  I used the ICD1820 sound board with PAM8403 amp chip to push sounds through CVS 3108 speaker

trUtrl0.jpg

i had to trim the boards to fit into the barrel.  I also removed the momentary buttons and mic after recording the sound.  

yHzXFWB.jpg

After removing items I cut the board. 

wBtGxE2.jpg

These boards come with two jumpers.  Remove them. They slide off. 

oraGptc.jpg

Put one jumper one the last two pins as shown. This lets the blaster sounds repeat when the trigger is held back. 

Yztqjf8.jpg

Power is connected here. 

53ZbtMd.jpg

I then cut the remaking pins and pushed the jumper pins over.  Then covered with hot glue to protect the contact pins from touching. 

5cm9Lbz.jpg

Works like a charm. Need one board for each sound: blaster and stun. 

Edited by Twnbrother
  • Like 1

I next started on routing the power to the sounds boards and lights. I made another cast of the barrel chamber and started carving.  I made space for  two 3 wire junction boxes. Ones is power in from the pistol grip and the other is power out. I also installed a RGB LED

ObYGXCl.jpg

next I poured resin on top of it to sealed and secure the components. 

F7A6E1C.jpg

Make sure you cover the bulb and connections with mold making compound. Otherwise you have a solid brick

oauYLmE.jpg

attached to 10mm aluminium "barrel" and connect to wires from pistol grip. 

tMuVIIU.jpg

Edited by Twnbrother
  • Like 2

I stated to prep the cylinder to hold the sounds cards. I originally were gonna place them in the Hengslter (easy fit, hard to hide wires). I realized the sound card was too "tall". To remedy I removed the speaker jst connector and soldered directly to the pins.  Them bent them at an angle. 

J5mg6Kx.jpg

next I encased the cards in heat shrink.  Made sure I labeled which was stun and blast. 

jhHZuGU.jpg

To make it fit better I dremeled flat spaces on the barrel. 

EXf0LdI.jpg

This will make it easy to mount and slide in the barrel. 

vU8lWjm.jpg

1PMgIE1.jpg

Edited by Twnbrother
  • Like 1

This morning I started on the power cylinders.  I used parts from Phoenix props, Tino kits and metalmite cylinders from Fieldmarshall. 

z1WMa3W.jpg

i sanded the bottom flush, trimmed off the resin screws and dremelled the cylinders out. 

x60Ajmm.jpg

I removed the center pieces the rear section of Phoenix props kit. Leaving only the "fuses"

HmhYJ60.jpg

I took the red wire from Tjays kit and placed between the fuses. Drilled small holes in the fuse to have a spot to glue the wire.  I added a little solder to the red wire. 

DoATFph.jpg

Here is a pic next to Fieldmarshalls power cylinder.  

ACZohTX.jpg

3jIuAK0.jpg

R7qveYJ.jpg

now I just need to paint

Edited by Twnbrother
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, T-Jay said:

Your weathering on the power cylinders is just WOW :shok: Have used real rust and real dirt in the past as well but it never turned out as perfect as this one. :duim:

Thanks Tino...  I wanted it to look old and worn. :D  A piece of equipment that could have been used on several different blasters over the years.   

Vallejo pigments are super easy to work with..  just takes practice to get the amount you want.    The scratches are made from Vallejo chipping compound.  The neat part of this is it give some texture to the paint by wetting just a little, but not chipping it.   Then you chip the areas you want.   Plus if you screw up, just wipe it off and start again.  Nothing is set until you use the varnish.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your technique here, Mike. I really appreciate this. Looks like building an E-11 more and more turns into making highly detailed display models :D

21 minutes ago, fieldmarshall said:

Looks really good,,,, thanks for showing some of my parts.. Keep up the progress on all your builds

Chris your blaster parts are by far the best out there. I can not wait until all your parts are in production. Keep up the good work. :duim:

It it is a lot of fun combining different kits to build a blaster that will fit easy to find electronics. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...