Stormtrooper manual of arms for marches?

So the Canadian Garrison is going to be at FanExpo Canada in a few weeks, and as part of it we always do the Stormtrooper march.

We want to look sharp this year, as we have a bunch of new members (myself included!), and Albin Johnson is coming to visit!

With that said, we wanted to do some drilling before the event, and was wondering if there is a manual of arms for marching?

So far we have references from You Tube from the US Air Force for the basics for facings, stance, but nothing directly for movement/positioning of he rifle (as the E11 is a bit smaller than a normal rifle ).

Based on the movies, I thought that the Present Arms position might  be with the E11 held in both hands at about a 20-30 degree tilt up.   An idea I had was maybe the Order Arms position might be with the blaster moved to the side of the thigh armour, hand holding the grip of the rifle, barrel pointing down.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Jim

Edited by Engineering trooper

I remember seeing a couple of threads here dating back a few years that detail exactly what you are envisioning (including photos). I'd have to do a search for them, but yes - that has been discussed before.

Here's one of those threads: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11392-howto-stand-like-a-stormtrooper/

I would also look for footage (YouTube, perhaps) of the preparations for the 2007 Rose Parade. They had to teach 200 stormtroopers how to march in formation, most of whom had no prior military experience, and they had to do it in only a few days. I believe they ended up calling in actual drill instructors. So you may find some useful tips.

I have it as a bonus section on one of my Star Wars-related DVDs, but I don't remember which one right now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 11:42 AM, tkrestonva said:

I would also look for footage (YouTube, perhaps) of the preparations for the 2007 Rose Parade. They had to teach 200 stormtroopers how to march in formation, most of whom had no prior military experience, and they had to do it in only a few days. I believe they ended up calling in actual drill instructors. So you may find some useful tips.

I have it as a bonus section on one of my Star Wars-related DVDs, but I don't remember which one right now.

It's on disc 3 (Documentaries and Spoofs) of the SW Complete Saga set.  I think it's called "Heart of a Legion" if I'm not much mistaken.