The new Laws TK bucket...discussion

I agree. Be careful with your labels folks.

Dan you've reworked some of the details to reflect what some of the better looking screen helmets have and idealized others and I know why you did, but please share what you changed about the details and how. It wont change what the helmet is but will help keep it clear to people exactly what they're getting.

Any more pics?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can get down with a statement like that. Just not when people go saying "the most accurate".

Thanks Gino,

Gino, Matt, TE2, and TM all produce great products. I'm not trying to best anyone. I haven't stated that my helmet is any better. This is my new TK stunt; I just wanted to show it off and let people give me some feedback. I haven't intentionally changed anything on the mold and I don't claim to be "the" expert. I just know a lot about the armor.

I really appreciate the input - good and bad.

Dan

Its great that you can say that Dan. I noticed you hadnt made any claims about your helmet and thats why I wasnt picking on you when I told people to be careful with their labels. I just am wary of this helmet getting a reputation for being "the most accurate" but thats not to say it isnt a fine looking helmet.

You say you didnt change anything on the mold, does that mean there are bumps on the cap?

I can get down with a statement like that. Just not when people go saying "the most accurate".

He wouldn't be the first :lol: But seriously....No one to date has done the most accurate helmet, there's too many aspects to cover and get it 100%(right material, right assembly, faces, paint, etc) so just enjoy these gems when they appear B)

Its great that you can say that Dan. I noticed you hadnt made any claims about your helmet and thats why I wasnt picking on you when I told people to be careful with their labels. I just am wary of this helmet getting a reputation for being "the most accurate" but thats not to say it isnt a fine looking helmet.

You say you didnt change anything on the mold, does that mean there are bumps on the cap?

Thanks,

I'm not too worried about the reputation it gets. Everyone can decide what they like the best.

No bumps on mine; I'm just not a fan of the bumps. There are other people making those versions.

He wouldn't be the first :lol: But seriously....No one to date has done the most accurate helmet, there's too many aspects to cover and get it 100%(right material, right assembly, faces, paint, etc) so just enjoy these gems when they appear B)

I entirely agree with you! The most accurate helmet should be also made with the originals moulds.

Thanks,

I'm not too worried about the reputation it gets. Everyone can decide what they like the best.

Good philosophy Dan!!!

To buy a helmet, it has to be a blow of heart. Each one forms its opinion and not because one says to him “it's me which makes the best, the most beautiful, more than all the others!!!”

When Chris Peters did the same thing he was rushed to the guillotine. He reworked an old TE mold just like Dan did and he is branded a RECASTER. His helmets kick an impolite person and he has openly been flamed over and over.

Just for the record, Chris tooks casts of a normal flat cap TE that I sold to him on the MEPD. He has never been near an original mould :rolleyes:

He wouldn't be the first But seriously....No one to date has done the most accurate helmet, there's too many aspects to cover and get it 100%(right material, right assembly, faces, paint, etc) so just enjoy these gems when they appear

Quoted for truth.

Joe

I am done with this issue. I have defended my friends property, there is nothing more I can do. I am not going to comment any further.

Your friend's property is close to my heart. It produces fine helmets and armor. I consider TE2 a friend and I'm not trying to steal sales or change minds. Everyone should continue sourcing from the armorer of his/her choice. Tony offers a helmet that bears the original subtleties that make it look a certain way. Every armorer and or helmet maker offers their own interpretation. No one's right or wrong.

Your friend's property is close to my heart. It produces fine helmets and armor. I consider TE2 a friend and I'm not trying to steal sales or change minds. Everyone should continue sourcing from the armorer of his/her choice. Tony offers a helmet that bears the original subtleties that make it look a certain way. Every armorer and or helmet maker offers their own interpretation. No one's right or wrong.

Very well said Dan - this is my personal point of view as well. I would hope that you feel as welcome here as TE2 does.

It can be hard to feel welcomed when you are attacked. I think Dan has handled this in the most professional manner. Hats off to you on a subject that has been beat to death dug up and then beat again. I don't think Mike was arguing the fact the Dan made a helmet but by which means he did. It is hard to follow the conversation because of the editing but from what I gather the only person the Mike feels has a right to use the molds is TE2 because he is the rightful owner. But again this is a subject that has been spun around enough to make one dizzy. I think the helmet looks great and TE2 has nothing to worry about as stated above by Dan "Your friend's property is close to my heart. It produces fine helmets and armor. I consider TE2 a friend and I'm not trying to steal sales or change minds. Everyone should continue sourcing from the armorer of his/her choice. Tony offers a helmet that bears the original subtleties that make it look a certain way. Every armorer and or helmet maker offers their own interpretation. No one's right or wrong."

+

Seems like everyone is here.

Jax, Dan, and Cooter Davis aka Matt G(TE) or whatever name he's going by nowadays to sockpuppet on forums he's been banned from.

That detail in the teardrops is NOT how it looks on the film helmets.

I'm the only one with a faceplate mold that has those tear details intact. I know because I was there when it was removed from the molds sent back to matt. Pretty smart huh? I have to hand it to my partner at the time to remove that tear detail as well as "adjust" the other surface details to a point where you could never achieve a screen accurate pull. Makes it easy to spot recasts. It was genius of him. We've NEVER offered up a helmet with the tear details present and for good reason.

But when I see people running around saying things like, most accurate helmet ever... I just can't let that slide because it couldn't be less true.

Until someone takes castings from the inside of another screen used ANH helmet, it is impossible for them to achieve a helmet closer to the film helmets than the molds I have will produce. That's a fact. Anyone else who says different is trying to sell you something.

The good reason is that your cast didn't HAVE the details. No one's did. To keep people from conning the community as in the Mark Hamill auction, it was withheld to disprove a fake should it appear.

And that was the detail I and Matt would ask for time after time that you didn't know about. And until recently you still didn't. It was removed before you had it in hand, bedtime story aside. Talk about abuse of the RetCon concept.

"Until someone takes castings from the inside of another screen used ANH helmet, it is impossible for them to achieve a helmet closer to the film helmets than the molds I have will produce."

But your molds aren't direct and unaltered.....as you yourself say...so it CAN'T be 100% accurate. No matter what, as YOU say. I'm quoting you here, as I couldn't possibly make this up.

"But when I see people running around saying things like, most accurate helmet ever... I just can't let that slide because it couldn't be less true."

But.......that's your sig? But it's not true, despite your saying it? Dude, that's just confusing. :huh:

"That's a fact. Anyone else who says different is trying to sell you something."

Too easy.

Sockpuppet? Funny, cooter is a 6' guy with black hair and a mess of kids that I met in person a month or so ago. Funny, and doesn't watch Family Guy. Must do something about that. :P

One might think you were talking out of your hat throwing that jab.

Be sure and back that up the way you did the last time YOU accused someone of recasting, gino.

Great helmet Dan, external issues aside.

The good reason is that your cast didn't HAVE the details. No one's did.

Wrong. Mine does.

I don't think you realize just how long ago it was that I actually got the original molds from Matt. If anyone wants to confirm, they can ask GF. Everything else out there now are watered down recasts.

And that was the detail I and Matt would ask for time after time that you didn't know about. And until recently you still didn't. It was removed before you had it in hand, bedtime story aside. Talk about abuse of the RetCon concept.

That is simply NOT TRUE.

The ONLY set of molds that are unaltered that contain ALL the details found on the two original helmets cast are owned by me. Any pulls made available to people (v1 and v2) had that detail specifically (not permanently) covered up on the mold. It was the only way to completely insure that I could prove I have the only set of unaltered molds in case someone were to attempt a recast.

If the details were removed before I had the ORIGINAL mold in hand, then how is it possible for me to be the ONLY one with it? You've drank so much of Matt's cool aid, you're in over your head and talking about revisionist history you've swallowed from your good friend. You have been so misled it's not even funny.

But your molds aren't direct and unaltered.....

Actually they are. And they are the ONLY set out there in existence that hasn't been reworked, cleaned up, severely damaged, or derived from vac form pulls that could never recapture the details of the vac form buck.

quote gino:"But when I see people running around saying things like, most accurate helmet ever... I just can't let that slide because it couldn't be less true."

But.......that's your sig? But it's not true, despite your saying it? Dude, that's just confusing. :huh:

Fair enough. I should have said, "when I see OTHER people running around..."

I think most people knew what I meant.

Sockpuppet? Funny, cooter is a 6' guy with black hair and a mess of kids that I met in person a month or so ago.

Really. So where did you meet up with him? As in what city, state?

Were you helping him form more helmets?

Be sure and back that up the way you did the last time YOU accused someone of recasting, gino.

Actually, in all the years I've been in the hobby, I've only accused a few people of recasting. And EVERY time I did, it was true.

Actually, in all the years I've been in the hobby, I've only accused a few people of recasting. And EVERY time I did, it was true.

Because you said it was, yes I know all about your version of the Never Neverland justice system presided over by plasticine people with looking glass ties :D

Cooter lives in Oregon, is a member of the 501st and took part in the Starlight parade. Anyone who's ever read his posts knows he's not Matt, unless you're blind :lol:

Your helmets are still an interpretation, like everyone else's. Find a way to cope with it, or not. Doesn't really matter either way, it's still a fact that can't be changed.

While somehow, you both sanded the detail off.......AND still have it intact.

Wow. :6:

You accused Dan of recasting to make the TE2 molds. You never showed a lick of the irrefutable proof I asked for that you said was at your fingertips. In other words, you lied and never answered for it. I'm not surprised, so barely care.

I honestly don't think you say anything true, and more and more I see that your horse hockey falls on deaf ears.

I think the hobby has outgrown you...man where does the time go?

And as Dan's bucket has the details you lack? Heck I'll say it, it's the most accurate stormtrooper helmet ever. :wub: (granted, that means most accurate of the others made while not yet 100% accurate to the film piece itself, I'm a sucker for details!)

Bah, I can do better!

" Since the invention of the helmet there have been five helmets that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one leaves them all behind!"

:duim:

JJ

What are the odds we can just cut and paste these repetative claims/arguments/points/counter points from the other 3 or 4 "Gino vs. the World" threads and save everyone alot of typing?

Admit it, we've all heard most of this before. I do like the new Laws helmet tho.

Believe what you want Jax. There's no way I could ever convince you of anything because you let your loyalties to your friends blur your judgement.

I wanted to say my peace so that at the very least people have something other than one side of the crap story constantly being told to people.

People who have been around the hobby for a long time know the deal. But 99% of the people on this particular forum haven't been around long enough to see the pattern of lies, mistruths, revisionist history, and deals gone beyond bad that have come from Matt.

To be clear to everyone who is too lazy to read through all our crap, I'm not bagging on Dan's helmet. Nor do I care if he sells a million of them.

I just call BS when I see people (not Dan) purposely attempting to blur the history and pedigree of what is out in the public.

I've only just seen this thread but would like to comment.

People who know the history of the "armour wars" will know that I am no supporter of Gino. However I know for a fact that much of what he's said here is correct. TE's history in this hobby is littered with untruths, re-invention, deceit and countless bad deals.

Mike's removed his posts so I can only guess what his comments were - however I can understand people's frustration when they or their friends are on the receiving end of yet another "TE deal gone bad". Hell there's been so many of them maybe we could get a new tv show commissioned.

Jumpin Jax, you're so close to TE (even admitting in the past to helping him form helmets, plus your constant shilling) that you're practically his partner. Sure you could have thrown that at me concerning AA three years ago but not any more. Anyone with any knowledge in this subject disregards your comments as merely TE-speak.

Looking on the positive side I found this post very refreshing and I applaud you...

And just to show there's no bias on my side, I have a huge collection of helmets which include lids from ALL these producers. Unfortunately that did not originally include a TE2 so I ordered a full set of armour from him which I am confident I will be blown away by.

Cheers

Jez

Jumpin Jax, you're so close to TE (even admitting in the past to helping him form helmets, plus your constant shilling) that you're practically his partner. Sure you could have thrown that at me concerning AA three years ago but not any more.

I did. :D

And I think it will go on now that you're trying to defend him again, as your fair weather friendship is apparently like that. Kudos on standing firm as a jelly roll.

Did you just use the word deceit? Are you kidding me?

You helped perpetrate the biggest scam in this hobby's short history. And then you ducked out when the fan started spinning, and declare that you were deceived.

Oh please give me a speech about historical fact and honesty.

Now that you're whoring Efx, are you getting 40% there as well?

And gino? Since you didn't address my observations about your CONSTANTLY conflicting POV about your own materials.....again.....you've said it all.

But I am tickled that you LOVE the helms. It's hard not to.

Jumpin Jax - Again it seems your master has been spinning you the same lies again and again. It really is about time you grew up and stated thinking for yourself!

Defending AA - not at all, just trying to add some balance by suggesting people read the judgement rather than relying solely on LFL's press release. I think most people here would find that pretty balanced - however as I've said since youre effectively TE's partner (or is it master and servant?) maybe that isnt financially attractive to you. I take it that when you mention 40% thats the going rate you get from TE?

"Whoring E-FX" - absolutely, along with my "whoring" on StarWarsHelmets.com of TE, GF, MR, SDS, TE2, GH, VM, TM, FX, Rubies, Sideshow, Gino, Crprops, CO, Altmanns, AP.... oh the list goes on and on :lol:

Cheers

Jez

Guest TK-2416

Dont want to join this discussion.. Simply dont have the background info and too new to this hobby...

Only want to state that the TE2 armor and helmet is fantastic and that Tony is a top guy with the best service and his heart on the right place...

... One more thing.. I think it only adds more to this hobby that we have that many great alternatives.. Wouldnt it be a bit boring with just one set of armor and bucket?

I would like to add Dan's new TK bucket to my collection (Currently: TE2, AP, TE ABS, MR CE and with a TE2 sandy to come) and the TM and the Gino....

Only want to state that the TE2 armor and helmet is fantastic and that Tony is a top guy with the best service and his heart on the right place...

... One more thing.. I think it only adds more to this hobby that we have that many great alternatives.. Wouldnt it be a bit boring with just one set of armor and bucket?

I would like to add Dan's new TK bucket to my collection (Currently: TE2, AP, TE ABS, MR CE and with a TE2 sandy to come) and the TM and the Gino....

Good post - I cant disagree with any of it.

Cheers

Jez

Jez, Joey, Gino, If the three of you want to keep hitting each other over the head with virtual bats start your own thread. This thread is only about the discuession of the new Laws stormtrooper helmet.

Jumpin Jax, like usual your close connection to matt really shows you lack of interest in the actual topic, rather

than beating up your "oldest foe" Gino!

i know,i know he also isn´t always completly nice...

BUT

remember? he wasn´t offensive...

actually he was nice....

maybe you need to rethink a couple of things...

let it go, Jax... this thread isn´t the right playground for those old stories!

couldn´t have said it better! great attitude, Dan!