The new Laws TK bucket...discussion

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Helmet Dan. Fantastic work and great detail. Can't wait to sport one.

Ā 

Ā 

Well if you can recast then I can too right? So can CAP, SDS, MATT, VT, ETC... Cool :)

Ā 

Mike, Question: Just who exactly are you accusing Dan of recasting? An

original ANH helmet or recasting his own work? Dan uses some stuff,

In his molds that costs over 500 dollars a gallon and is PERMANATE. No

adjustments. If he then decides later to make a mold change: Opps OMG

recasting his own molds. Can't get around it......

It's gotten to the point that there are so many helmet makers out there feeding off the Dave M and Brian R carcasses that I dont care anymore. Hows the quality? Good? ok then make lots of them.

All I can say is you better make sure I dont get ahold of one because I will fill that bastard with resin and send it to CAP, SDS, VT, MFX, TE2, RT-MOD and TM myself!!!!

Ā 

Mike,

Ā 

I was the one who recast the very first screen used ANH helmet that TE owned. I packed the face and Curtis (AKA Megatron) on the RPF did the cap/back. That first casting is what Tony has now. I made all of Tony's molds. Your armor came from my molds. What is wrong with you man?

Hi everybody! Sorry I've been away so long.

Seems like everyone is here.

Jax, Dan, and Cooter Davis aka Matt G(TE) or whatever name he's going by nowadays to sockpuppet on forums he's been banned from.

Ā 

Mike, can I say I TOLD YOU SO now? I feel sorry for Tony, but from where I'm standing, he's in line behind mysef, GF, and a few others.

Ā 

Just for the record I'd like to throw my opinion out there about this new helmet.

Ā 

It's nice.

Nice and idealized, re-worked and over-sharpened. What happened to all the warts that are supposed to be there?

That detail in the teardrops is NOT how it looks on the film helmets.

I'm the only one with a faceplate mold that has those tear details intact. I know because I was there when it was removed from the molds sent back to matt. Pretty smart huh? I have to hand it to my partner at the time to remove that tear detail as well as "adjust" the other surface details to a point where you could never achieve a screen accurate pull. Makes it easy to spot recasts. It was genius of him. We've NEVER offered up a helmet with the tear details present and for good reason.

Ā 

I just wanted to give my .02c

Ā 

If you are one who likes a cleaned up idealized version of helmet, then that's your choice and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Everyone has their preferences and their reasons. In other words, I'm not bagging on those who really like this new helmet.

Ā 

But when I see people running around saying things like, most accurate helmet ever... I just can't let that slide because it couldn't be less true.

Ā 

Until someone takes castings from the inside of another screen used ANH helmet, it is impossible for them to achieve a helmet closer to the film helmets than the molds I have will produce. That's a fact. Anyone else who says different is trying to sell you something.

Ā 

Word.

Hi everybody! Sorry I've been away so long.

Seems like everyone is here.

Jax, Dan, and Cooter Davis aka Matt G(TE) or whatever name he's going by nowadays to sockpuppet on forums he's been banned from.

Ā 

Mike, can I say I TOLD YOU SO now? I feel sorry for Tony, but from where I'm standing, he's in line behind mysef, GF, and a few others.

Ā 

Just for the record I'd like to throw my opinion out there about this new helmet.

Ā 

It's nice.

Nice and idealized, re-worked and over-sharpened. What happened to all the warts that are supposed to be there?

That detail in the teardrops is NOT how it looks on the film helmets.

I'm the only one with a faceplate mold that has those tear details intact. I know because I was there when it was removed from the molds sent back to matt. Pretty smart huh? I have to hand it to my partner at the time to remove that tear detail as well as "adjust" the other surface details to a point where you could never achieve a screen accurate pull. Makes it easy to spot recasts. It was genius of him. We've NEVER offered up a helmet with the tear details present and for good reason.

Ā 

I just wanted to give my .02c

Ā 

If you are one who likes a cleaned up idealized version of helmet, then that's your choice and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Everyone has their preferences and their reasons. In other words, I'm not bagging on those who really like this new helmet.

Ā 

But when I see people running around saying things like, most accurate helmet ever... I just can't let that slide because it couldn't be less true.

Ā 

Until someone takes castings from the inside of another screen used ANH helmet, it is impossible for them to achieve a helmet closer to the film helmets than the molds I have will produce. That's a fact. Anyone else who says different is trying to sell you something.

Ā 

Word.

Thanks Gino,

Ā 

I appreciate your opinion on the helmet. Now we have all have two options.

Ā 

Word up.

WOW! An accurate, troopable helmet...thats not a recast, made by someone with great skill and attention to detail, who actually delivers product when they say they will...I don't know if the TK comunity is ready for such an anomoly!!!! :) :) :)

Ā 

Nice lookin Tie Pilot model by the way! :)

Ā 

Ā 

I can get down with a statement like that. Just not when people go saying "the most accurate".