Tapatalk back up

CptCasey

7 minutes ago, Locitus said:

We spend all this time making the website look nice, and you don't even look at it - all you see is the tapatalk app. :(

Unfortunately I've just been through this with a new garrison forum, member wanted tapatalk because it is easier for them to use, just like the excuse of why so many want to use facebook and not forums, easier to use apparently.

The website has a mobile skin I used extensively before tapatalk. It works just fine for checking quick things. For anything lengthy a real computer and browser is required anyway. Writing anything longer than this post would be akin to suicide in an app. Just like facebook is better in a browser. You get more content and you can block ads, unlike any of the apps.

I think tapatalk is so popular because its easier for some to post pictures from their phones. There are more people with smart phones than with laptops and desktop computers. I think that is another reason the mobile app is so popular. PC's have been declining since 2011. A survey in 2015 concluded that 80% of online adults use a smartphone. Google also stated that in at least 10 countries, mobile use of their site was larger than desktop usage. 

I am fortunate enough to have a laptop and a smartphone. Personally, I think its easier to post a thread using a computer. Posting pictures however, especially for people who aren't tech savvy, is much easier through tapatalk. 

By the way, if I haven't said this in another thread somewhere, a big thank you to Web Team for the site. I find it very easy to navigate and post on.

The website has a mobile skin I used extensively before tapatalk. It works just fine for checking quick things. For anything lengthy a real computer and browser is required anyway. Writing anything longer than this post would be akin to suicide in an app. Just like facebook is better in a browser. You get more content and you can block ads, unlike any of the apps.

The work that has been done on our forum is absolutely phenomenal, and imo I love it. It definitely has me using my computer more often now, so kudos to our tech department once again and I applaud you.

I find Tapatalk is a handy tool for Attachés to greet new recruits, 3rd party photo hosting to send quick photos, receive notifications on build thread updates (as I didn't always get email notifications on new updates) while I'm out in the field.