Riot Baton for R1TK

Parquette

Anyone have good HD photos of the guard at Jyn Erso's prison that goes by her door? He has a riot baton on his belt that may be worth recreating, and I'm assuming it's the same as her batons from her Imperial Ground Crew disguise. 

Best I could find

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-930.jpg 

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-931.jpg 

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-932.jpg 

Also have these of Jyn Erso wielding one

RogueOne_Jyn_Stormtrooper_Baton.png

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Thanks man! I found this as well, where I bet it's the same baton as the prison guard's. It looks pretty close to the ground crew version, and when the door explodes, it dangles a little bit. There's a black rectangle of some sorts behind it on the belt, which I assume is the holster for it to hang by. 

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

It appears to hang upside down on the belt, interesting. It still bears the resemblance of the ground crew wands, which if that's the case will make things a lot easier. I'm going to make a trip to the hardware store tomorrow to pick up some pvc and whatever square shaped rectangular plastic thing I can find (I'm sorry, I don't know what I'm looking for specifically).

Looking at it again, I can't tell whether it's square or round. In the prison scene, it looks like Jyn's cylinder shapes baton. It also doesn't look long and extended like the ground crew version. Anyone able to blow up the screen shot and brighten the detail?

I thought that what the ground crew had were wands for guiding craft onto landing pads (like you see ground crew using at airports now) rather than batons?

I can't think why ground crew would need something to hit people with....

13 hours ago, TK-1085 said:

They aren't the same.  The riot baton is a tonfa style stick, looks like it collapses almost like a real world ASP.  The ground crew are long sticks with orange glowy sections on the end.

I agree, here is a decent picture of the marshaling wands for the ground crew.

p5aYJus.jpg

Jyn Erso's baton does differ

5450f4ec686654bb50bc6534e6a5e443_preview

a5ee835f9497b9060bb7dacd4248e81d--toy-to

Another ground crew

06011f53937d7f64ce1ad156ae0e162b--star-w

Definitely lookin square

NF2dNZE.jpg eYFjX1E.jpg

At least it closely resembles the wands. It still has the squarish look for the most part, with the rounded handle. Could someone brighten the image to see if there are any missing details?

Also I think it's important to note that a black holster is seen on the belt for the baton. When it dangles you can see a black rectangle behind it that is stationary. 

• 1 month later...