Speakers for FO Helmet

Jonelli

Hi, I'm trying to find the best fit, loudest mini speakers that will fit into the helmets.  I've already tried some small laptop speakers, but they don't seem loud enough.  
Curious what others use?

Must admit I've tried a few different speakers without much luck so I just went back to running the mic down my neck inside the armor and down to the aker amp in my front pouch, works well for me.

Some now use a wireless mic and hook up to the aker but I've not tried one as yet.

Also run a wire through my undersuit from the aker to the blaster, it's loud enough in your pouch ;).

I troop with voice amplification but I have my Aker amp clipped to the straps that connect both sides of the yoke and the gaskets, which is a similar approach to the standard OT TK method of mounting the speaker behind the chest plate.

I want to explore self-contained helmet electronics.  I already have Troopertalk and an off-brand "aker" unit that works fine.   I want to see if I can put it all in the helmet and make it work.

Looking for helmet speaker recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2017 at 0:37 AM, Jonelli said:

I want to explore self-contained helmet electronics.  I already have Troopertalk and an off-brand "aker" unit that works fine.   I want to see if I can put it all in the helmet and make it work.

Looking for helmet speaker recommendations.

I do not have any recommendations as of yet, since I am still learning. I am curious to know is where are you wanting on placing them, since that can affect audio quality as well?

I know adafruit has Enclosed speakers (mono and stereo) that are 1.2" x 2.8" x .7" a speaker.

These speakers seem to work nice. Ukswrath sells a FO Helmet Audio System. Not sure if that is what you're looking for though. 

Here's the links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WnqDmUW0F

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32951-fs-ukswraths-fo-tk-helmet-audio-system/

Edited by Jayben Kenobi

I used these and they work great! I pulled the board out of my aker amp and velcro'd it inside the helmet. I put speaker cloth behind the cheek vents and then used craft foam to back the speaker to seal it in and cut down on feedback. I got the idea from uskwrath offering that gives you a complete kit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LWRDHMI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• 2 months later...

I'm familiar with ukswrath's offerings.  I have all the pieces already except for the speakers, so I wanted to put it together myself.   I bought a couple different samples already and didn't like the results.  The 10x20mm speakers were way too quiet.  I got some bigger ones 20x40mm that I might also try when I have time.  Colonel, that's a bit pricy for those speakers you linked to.  That amazon order is for a set of 5 (did you use them all?) $11/ea.  You can get them on Mouser for $6/ea one at a time.
I find that the specs on these tiny speakers aren't very useful though.  Trial and error unless someone can tell me they found the magical super loudest tiny speakers?