Weapon coating?

Hi everyone. I have started work on my DLT using the happytrooper build while awaiting my armor. I decided to use pine for the stock and body for ease of working and to keep it lightweight. Now that I have those cut and sanded I have concerns about its softness. Has anyone ever tried any coating that can be put on before or after painting/ priming to give it a tougher exterior? I was considering filler primer but have never used it. Anyone aware of any brand of spray on gel coat or epoxy? Thanks.

I have used pine for a few of my larger blaster build, I coat with silver, satin black, weather then a few coats of satin clear. Paints used where an industrial enamel, in spray cans, the silver covers up small lines and scratches well and because of the flake it is easily sanded.

I haven't had any issues with it being soft but then I've not really dropped or banged into anything. Seems to be holding up quite well.