TLJ Executioner / Judicial Laser Ax

Finally the EL wire has arrived, took some time to fit it through, had to cover some of the wire with heat shrink as I only wanted the wire between the claws to illuminate. Then the task of adding the heat glue without going overboard so there is enough light shining through.

cuhXgoy.jpg

dtMtiwD.jpg

Pretty happy with the outcome.

Some video of it in action with it hooked up to my Aker Amp.

Next version will hopefully be folding.

Edited by gmrhodes13

Well after the next couple of days of trooping looks like I'll be back in the workshop and doing a mod to the "Claw", Hot Toys just release some images and what I thought was a blaster magazine is more a rectangle with 3 slits on two sides, I gather it will still have lights.

o9HbMuh.jpgRM2O9Vs.jpg

UgukXz1.jpg

I didn't do too bad with the sound and lights though, pretty similar

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:38 PM, Par_ said:

Pose with it! You need your FOTK with it!

Still doing some updates, I'm after accuracy not speed ;)

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:13 PM, ukswrath said:

That is sick.  Love it. Great job Q

Thanks Tony, means a lot coming from you :D

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:27 PM, Shanester said:

Stunning.  I commend your work.  Simply stunning.

Thanks Shane

• Like 1

Top and bottom blades don't seem offset either. I guess it was only an optical illusion caused by how the distance between the top and bottom blades is different on each side.

Edited by The5thHorseman

3 hours ago, The5thHorseman said:

Top and bottom blades don't seem offset either. Might just be an optical illusion caused by how the distance between the top and bottom blades is different on each side.

I noticed that some time ago with one of the photos so I made them straight and overlapped and the different sizes ;)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I noticed that some time ago with one of the photos so I made them straight and overlapped and the different sizes ;)

QIBFMLF.png

11 hours ago, Poe said:

Wonderful stuff :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley::jc_doublethumbup:

Cheers

• Like 1

Small update, since the Hot Toys photos emerged, a little bit more detail added, now for some more paint

u1i0goA.jpg     Or2a9Gv.jpg

1 hour ago, Daetrin said:

Dude, your skills are amazing!  Can't wait to see more of these costumes in the Legion.

Thanks Paul

And done

CmUxA69.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, starsaber25 said:

Wow this whole thread was simply amazing.  You are very talented Glen.  Great work!  I was never a real fan of the FOTK but I'm really digging this Executioner fella.

Many thanks for the kind words Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

What an amazing job!  I am getting all of my materials ready to start this same project and was wondering what you used for the blades?  I couldn't tell from the images what you cut those out of.  I want to make sure it's not to top heavy.

Thanks again for all of your post and sharing the process.

Much appreciated mate! 

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Cicero1981 said:

What an amazing job!  I am getting all of my materials ready to start this same project and was wondering what you used for the blades?  I couldn't tell from the images what you cut those out of.  I want to make sure it's not to top heavy.

Thanks again for all of your post and sharing the process.

Much appreciated mate! 

Cheers!

Many thanks. I used some scrap pieces of ABS plastic I had lying around, but you could use any type of plastic. I tried to keep it light as I could and it has worked out quite well.

God luck with your build hope to see some photos soon :D

On 10/2/2017 at 2:47 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Many thanks. I used some scrap pieces of ABS plastic I had lying around, but you could use any type of plastic. I tried to keep it light as I could and it has worked out quite well.

God luck with your build hope to see some photos soon :D

That's what I thought.  Thanks so much!  I am just finishing up on my oldest boy's TLJ Executioner suit and then on to the weapon!  It will be a scaled down version for his size.  I will be setting up my thread once I get started.  Really appreciate all of the information you provided.  Cheers!