TLJ Executioner / Judicial Laser Ax

zk9suRn.png

Thought I'd have a go at one of these in case LFL pull the plug on blasters again this year for the EPVIII premier, won't be 100% accurate as there are limited images and I'm building it "old school" so definitely will be basic. It may still go pew pew though, depends on what you have noticed in the limited images available ;).

Started with the sizing of the blades

qGDUdKN.png

On to the main tube and working out the slotted holes

FCbIMaK.png

wpLdaMK.png

s9RqbWj.png

On to the blades, had to cut double the amount as I didn't have the right thickness material, then glued them together

ZxdA07W.png

bDtcwat.png

1xmrALr.png

Some details on the shaft

22IDiZQ.png

05rMU2i.png

flHr9Lh.png

Centre sections of the blades and covers, then glue

B482H0o.png

vtYnSmY.png

MPEJTUY.png

8sL07C2.png

Detail sections, made one then cast and made from plastic resin

ewYfiCV.png

Next will be work out the attachment of the blades and if I can make it folding

wOzBDCq.png

Edited by gmrhodes13

Awesome work Q! 

Is it a Vibro Ax or a Force Ax ... we don't know yet!

Get a whole lot of blue led wire between those blades and then you'll complete the look!

• Like 1

Edit: Incorrect from my part. Turns out they are aligned.

Hard to tell from your pictures if you noticed, but I thought I'd mention that the two top blades and the two bottom blades aren't aligned on the same axis. Basically, when viewed from the top they should be offset and form kind of an "X".

propst10.png

And in addtion to the hengstler, this weapon seems to also borrow the magazine (or at least part of it) from the F-11D.

Edited by The5thHorseman

9 hours ago, JAFO said:

Awesome work Q! 

Is it a Vibro Ax or a Force Ax ... we don't know yet!

Get a whole lot of blue led wire between those blades and then you'll complete the look!

Yes a few names out there but nothing official I don't think. I'll be using the blue EL wire as same as I did on my baton ;)

1 hour ago, The5thHorseman said:

Hard to tell from your pictures if you noticed, but I thought I'd mention that the two top blades and the two bottom blades aren't aligned on the same axis. Basically, when viewed from the top they should be offset and form kind of an "X".

propst10.png

Yes thank you I did notice, top isn't mounted as yet I left the top loose until I've worked out the blade attachments ;) , also can just make out the slots of the magazine, seems to be a lever and another small section too.

I believe from images I have seen that the blades are only offset so they will over lap each other once closed, more like this.

rdVaiYV.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

Brackets made

8Wo8ShC.jpg

Hard to get a good photo with the angles

MJmZkQp.jpg

OB4gf8c.jpg

Still deciding if I want the blades to fold, I really want to use EL wire on them like my baton so may have to be fixed for this version

• Like 1

1 hour ago, camprandall said:

Awesome! Now the stressful part - painting 1/3rd of your helmet black. ;)

Or paint another one ;)

Playing with some electronics, I can only do the basics so using a few different things.

Taken the electronics out of an old extendable Kylo saber and have some EL wire, I have added an on/off switch and a press switch as well as an amp jack so I can run to the aker amp.

yKnl9US.jpg

I am getting the feeling from the hengstler, magazine and slotted pipe that the weapon may actually double as a blaster, who knows for now but while I have it apart I'll add on some blaster electronics. just in case.

Again taken the electronics from a child's toy blaster, added a high bright LED, some smaller led's for the hengstler and magazine, on/off and push switches and incorporated it all with the saber electronics.

qvGf1tR.jpg

Here is it in action

Next to tidy up and shorten the wiring and make sure I can fit it in the housing

Working out spacing for the recessed ridges on the handle, also noticed it looks like the weapon has a F-11D blaster end cap with a D-ring

XhlV1Nz.jpg

1 hour ago, Daetrin said:

Wow, amazing job.  Mind if we pin it - I bet many will want to follow your work.

Happy for it to be pinned but it's only a basic build, no doubt we'll start seeing some 3D printed versions soon, I've seen a few underway

Nice catch on the end-cap. I hadn't seen that picture before and it looks like it indeed. However, I wonder if the handle is round in shape. On this picture it almost looks oval to me.

8 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Working out spacing for the recessed ridges on the handle, also noticed it looks like the weapon has a F-11D blaster end cap with a D-ring

XhlV1Nz.jpg

47 minutes ago, The5thHorseman said:

Nice catch on the end-cap. I hadn't seen that picture before and it looks like it indeed. However, I wonder if the handle is round in shape. On this picture it almost looks oval to me.

May be an optical thing, the recessed areas can make it look oval at some angles. But does look round in the behind the scenes video

18lLcVC.gif

7 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Either the photographer and designer stuffed up during the shoot or the 'Vibro Ax' does something very cool we don't yet know about...

I still think with all the F-11D pieces that it doubles as a blaster but don't think it would work firing it out the endcap end ;) 

I've got to get myself a 3D printer one of these days, would have made this next bit so much easier.

So the handle has recesses sections with raised ribs so had to cut some pipe and slot it so it would fit inside the handle pipe.

67SfuUc.jpg

Then I found some coated wire would do nicely for the raised sections but I would need to add some grooves to the inner pipe piece so it will sit better and give the glue something to hold on too, so I did this with the dremel and a file, luckily I had tape the right spacing width.

Then inserted in the handle and added the pieces of wire.

n6JPdv9.jpg

Next to slot the handle, this was just a test piece, should have 10 ridges.

Best I can do for now, as I said it's far from being 100% accurate.