Devolver's MTK ANH Stunt/HWT Build

DEVOLVER

• 3 months later...

Again, I fell off the face of the planet for three months... But I'm back! :D

Pretty much everything is done at this point, I just have to fasten the shoulder bells to the shoulder straps and make some final fitment adjustments.

7lvKun.jpg LRuFVJ.jpg 

And here I am standing awkwardly trying to keep the arms from falling off.
6euC7Q.jpg

I will be putting Velcro at the front of my boot and under the front of the calf to keep my shins straight. I also dressed myself here so the back of the calf is a little open, but not too bad for a first full dress. I feel like the thighs need to come down just a bit, but I don't know. Also, I might slightly reshape the edges of the butt plate for better contour to my body.

Everything is double snapped strapping, which I found tedious. I don't know if I suck at installing snaps or what, but this took me forever. It's super secure, though.

f5TeP2.jpg

Here are some interior helmet shots. I used Sugru glue to stick the lenses in securely. It's basically a superglue that's in a Play-Doh type putty. It seems to work really well, but sticks under your nails forever. I also did around 5 or 6 coats of Plastidip and inserted military style pads that can be removed for cleaning. Lastly, I popped in some of UKSWRATH's fans in a Echo bracket system. I had to trim and modify the bracket to put the fans a little further away from my face as they were uncomfortably close to my Grizzly Adams beard :mellow:. I will eventually install the self contained iComm system with speakers. too.

tZ9daG.jpg SVQCqH.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good trooper. My only critique might be that your thighs could go down a hair to even out some of the black around the knee. But otherwise, nice job!

21 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Easy approval - EIB and Centurion next :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

I hope so and thank you! :) After approval, I will definitely be submitting for EIB. I have to get a better blaster than my Rubies conversion, though. Hopefully getting a Hyperfirm DLT-19.

16 hours ago, magni said:

Looking Sharp!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Thank you very much!

11 hours ago, 68Brick said:

Looking good trooper. My only critique might be that your thighs could go down a hair to even out some of the black around the knee. But otherwise, nice job!

Thank you very much, and I actually noticed that after the pictures were already taken and submitted. I guess I see a lot of EIB and Centurion reviews get the critique that the thighs are too low and I overcompensated, lol.

• Like 1

TK-82214 reporting for duty!

So, now my next journey begins: EIB/Centurion TK AND EIB/Centurion HWT.

I will be getting a better blaster for higher levels, most likely a Hyperfirm. They are a little shorter on detail than some other makers, but the fact of how durable they are makes up for that in my eyes. I'd like to get a DLT-19, but I figure that is pretty heavy for trooping, especially after extended periods of time. If I'm not mistaken, an ANH E-11 is approvable for HWT. I'll be weighing my options over the next little bit.

I have my leather MP40 magazine holders on order and still need to order secondary ABS and cloth belts. The orange shoulder pauldron, too. And of course I'll need to begin a backpack build for HWT this summer.

But my first priority at the moment is to get that blaster and submit my EIB application ASAP.

• Like 3

Congratulations! Looking foward to seeing your Heavy come together!

E-11 is ok to use, but you are a Heavy Weapons Trooper for a reason:P

Good Luck with your EIB application!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, magni said:

Congratulations! Looking foward to seeing your Heavy come together!

E-11 is ok to use, but you are a Heavy Weapons Trooper for a reason:P

Good Luck with your EIB application!

You have a point! :D

I did end up ordering an ANH E-11 Hyperfirm for my standard TK trooping, but I plan on picking up a DLT when they do another run in a couple of months. Setting back the cash now. :duim:

• Like 1

My Hyperfirm ANH E-11 B-grade! It came in yesterday and I'm super happy with it. I also ordered an accurate d-ring from Trooperbay and will be installing that when it arrives. To my knowledge, that is all I had left to get before I can start my EIB application for ANH Stunt.

QEkcle.jpg

bYg1s0.jpg

My first troop is tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some pics. I'm nervous but excited, lol. It's really a trip to remember when my BBB arrived and feeling overwhelmed by what I'd gotten myself into, versus now wearing a finished suit and about to go out on a troop.

• Like 4

My first troop was awesome! I have a troop thread going here: 

During the troop I got a crack in my kidney plate, but I CA glued it and covered it with ABS paste.
20EfDR.jpg

I have since sanded it back down and polished it with Novus, and you honestly can't even tell anything has ever happened. I figure I'll be doing this a lot. :P

In the meantime, I have received my pauldron from Trooperbay and magazine holders from an eBay seller, which I will weather soon. I'll just color the white threading on the pouches with a permanent marker and I should be good. The pauldron is great quality. Super thick and made with great materials.
vsGxOu.jpg IkNauk.jpg

I also received my metal d-ring for my E-11, but it was welded in the center. I had quite a time prying it apart and accidentally got some bends in spots where I didn't want them. It's a bit beat up now, but I plan on sanding it a bit and hammering it back into shape. The paint should cover most of the damage, I would think. I'm actually going to cut sections of the middle from the ring so it will fit into the hole I have drilled in my blaster. Hopefully I can get it back into the proper shape. I don't want to have to order another.

gbBkAb.jpg oOUzyb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...