Hi. My name is Jason. I just joined today.  I am located in Orlando Florida. I am looking for help to build my imperial stormtrooper costume. I could use help to building it and getting it together so I can join the fl501st. I would also like to possibly have my stormtrooper costume built before the maker fair this august so I could maybe wear my costume to it.

Any hands on help I can get or just help and ideas. It has always been a dream of mine to have a stormtrooper costume since I saw star wars in 1977 when I was a kid and fell in love with the movie. Plus it would also make my six year old son happy and he wants me to be a stormtrooper. My son is now a star wars fan also. I would greatly appreciate any hands on and help or ideas. Thanks.

Welcome to the FISD Jason! Have you signed up with your local garrison yet? That's the place to get some help with possible armor parties. Have a look around in the Getting Started section. There's actually a lot of info into putting together a TK. Checking out build threads will help also. 

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

Hey Jason! Welcome aboard.  Contacting your local Garrison or Squad would be a first step.  I recommend you look through the threads and determine the maker(s) that best suit your needs and your body type. Ask questions and read build threads.  We will help as much as we can.  Good luck!

Thanks. How and where can I sign up for my local garrison. I have a list of parts and things I need to build my TK.  I just could use some on hands help. I'm located in Orlando and is there a local garrison near my location I can join. Thanks for your help.

Look up fl501.com to see home page and you can sign up there. We have plenty of tan Florida Troopers to help you out. Most of the work will be yours to do. We give guidance through the fun of putting it together. You can start a build thread here as well as your home garrison to get many eyes and help along the way. Go sign up and then get to reading on the different armor makers. It's the most expensive part so take your time and figure what fits you best.

Hi Jason and welcome to FISD!  There are many helpful members in the Orlando Area.  I believe you would be part of the Makaze Squad which serves your area.  One of the best things I can tell you is to start a build thread.  We would then be able to follow along with your on your build and offer advice when needed.  Which armor did you go with and did you receive it yet?  Good luck!

Hi Jason welcome aboard!  As you may have seen by now there are a TON of resources out there and your first step should be to mine all of them - I spent a good two months looking at build threads, reading all the beginner information here in the "Getting Started" section, finding my local Garrison and reaching out to them, looking through EIB and Centurion submission threads, and comparing the 4 armorers I had narrowed my search down to personally (starting from the list in the vetted armor makers thread).  That's the best advice I can give you.  You CAN put together Stormtrooper armor regardless of your current skill set.  But you will have to do the majority of the work and much of that isn't the actual cutting of plastic itself - it's research.  You'll want to be very familiar with all the pieces and how they should look, how they fit on a person and how they go together.

Dig in and just start chewing through information.  Ask questions in threads and narrow down your armor search.  Reach out to those armorers via email and get a feel for their pricing and wait times.  And start making a list of all the other accessories you will need for build and completed costumes - the lists are mostly in the "Getting Started" section.

Enjoy the journey - the build is a big part of it!