Just another E-11 build

tennantlim

1 hour ago, tarok said:

This is such a great thread, and such an unassuming title lol emoji1.png this is hardly "just another E-11 build". Thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

Thanks Rudi! My way of giving back to the community as I have learned from many awesome build threads here too.

• Like 2

STERLING SMG MAGAZINE BOTTOM PLATE

Finally done with the magazine mechanism mod, and hence concluding the entire E-11 build...for now. 

20170923-Sterling_magazine-001.jpg

20170923-Sterling_magazine-002.jpg

20170923-Sterling_magazine-003.jpg

I want to thank all the amazing, talented builders out there for sharing their journeys here through their detailed, informative threads. You continually raise the bar and inspire so many (more than you think) like me to make stuff. I also want to thank everyone who left encouraging comments on my thread. You guys rock! 

To be continued...?

Edited by tennantlim
  • Like 3

I messed up! As caught by @darthcue, the folding stock was able to engage the back cap lugs without pressing the back cap catch. That implies to me there is excessive allowance between the back cap and the catch. More work to do!

Edited by tennantlim
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, tennantlim said:

I messed up! As caught by @darthcue, the folding stock was able to engage the back cap lugs without pressing the back cap catch. That implies to me there is excess space  allowance between the back cap and the catch. More work to do!

with the skills you have bro... it will be an easy fix to do.

Amazing work on the blaster. Robert's parts really make a huge difference. I recently broke out my old DVH kit and the amount of cleanup and fixing is almost unthinkable. Might have to abandon those parts and start the long expensive process to buy Robert's parts. 

Love this build. Great work!!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bulldog44 said:

Amazing work on the blaster. Robert's parts really make a huge difference. I recently broke out my old DVH kit and the amount of cleanup and fixing is almost unthinkable. Might have to abandon those parts and start the long expensive process to buy Robert's parts. 

Robert's parts + Bulldog44's scope = Awesome

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tennantlim said:

So I was looking through some reference photos of back caps, I found another boo-boo: there are holes in the receiver ring that I overlooked. 

Slide1.jpg

I have these on my build

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bulldog44 said:

Thanks Brian! Indeed I reviewed my cost breakdown for this build last night and almost popped a vessel. Not for the faint hearted for sure. 

1 hour ago, artimorty said:

This is simply AMAZING. Unbelievably spectacular. Mind blowing.

great great work

Thank you! 

So I was looking through some reference photos of back caps, I found another boo-boo: there are holes in the receiver ring that I overlooked.

Interesting find, I will see to incorporate this on my build, thanks for sharing - as others have said, your build has been a great ride, very quality build, excellent work
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dracotrooper said:

Interesting find, I will see to incorporate this on my build, thanks for sharing - as others have said, your build has been a great ride, very quality build, excellent work emoji106.png

Thanks brother. I'm figuring things out as I go along and I'm grateful for all the guidance I have received. 

• Like 2