Hi All

jimbo35

Hello everyone, This is Jim from New Jersey and I just joined last week.  Star Wars fan since 1977 and have recently been interested in getting my own suit.

I"m looking to buy/build a TK suit and/or Tie fighter suit but I'm not very handy and I would need help and advice.

I've found some kits/suits and I was hoping for any advice on the following vendors or any others that I should look into:

The Workshop 

Rocky Schafer

RS Props

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Jim

Welcome to the FISD, Jim!  The best place to find reputable vendors is here:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

There are dozens of people who sell kits on ebay and the like, but 99.9% are not acceptable for 501st approval, (despite what their listings say).

You listed RS props, which is about as close to screen accurate as you can get, but know that there are lots of other armorers on that "vetted" sellers list that can supply you a top notch kit for a reasonable amount of money.

RS is one of the sellers that can certainly supply you a "ready to wear" set of armor, but building it yourself has it's advantages.  Is it a lot of work?  Short answer, yes... BUT, it will be custom tailored to you, and there are many, MANY build threads you can resource, as well as a whole Detachment that is more than willing to help you out every step of the way.

Is it worth all the hard work?  YES!  Especially when it comes time for repairs.  You will know your armor inside out, and you can also help out others by passing along your knowledge.

Hopefully you will be aiming for Centurion level, which will take you toward more screen accuracy and really make your armor look it's best.  It's not as difficult as you may think, and is best done during your build rather than after.

Once you choose your armorer, here are a few links that may be helpful:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35371-eib-and-centurion-what-do-these-terms-mean/

If we can be of any help, just ask... (it's kinda' what we are here for)!

Let me add that Rocky Schafer is part of the WTF(WALTS Trooper Factory) crew. He handles the corresponding.

Like Joseph said check out the vetted list. And building it yourself is very rewarding. You can do it. We did, so that's proof.

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

Hi Jim and welcome to FISD!  Joseph has given you great information so far. Like Randy has mentioned Rocky who is ECG is a point of contact for WTF. WTF is a nice set of armor.  If you feel that you can't go at the building alone, I'm sure that the NER has some armor parties where people get together for a day and build armor. Have you signed up on the NER forums yet?  If you haven't then I would recommend it. This way you can meet some of the members and get info about the goings on in Jersey. Feel free to ask any questions. Have fun and good luck!

Hello and welcome to the FISD! :trooper: Good luck on your journey and if you have questions, always feel free to ask.