Greetings lovers of all things Imperial

Tom Foz

Greetings all!

31 years old...yet inside I think I'm only 8!

Looking into Trooping in a year or so. I say a year or so as I'm in the process of losing weight and I wouldn't wish to attempt anything at my current size, I'd look crap. I particularly like the Rogue One Trooper armour, with more freedom for moving about.

So give me a year or so, and I'd like to think I'll be trooping with the rest of you. I also collect Hot Toy's SW figures, primarily of...you guessed it... Troopers!

rsz_img_7710_1.jpg

Hi and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey! :duim:

Thanks guys

I'm not at the stage of starting a build, as I mention I want to get some weight shifted. I have to say I've been having a good look at Jim's Rogue One build and if he is still supplying in a year or so, then I'll certainly be interested.

Hi Tom, Welcome to the FISD.

As your a UK trooper you should head over to the UK Garrison and sign up with us also : www.ukgarrison.co.uk/join-us

We're lucky to have some really excellent supply lines in the UK however that's not the case for the Rogue One trooper, with only 1 maker globally and it's very new to the Legion.  So new I don't think there's a cleared trooper yet.

The R1 build would be quite involved so generally as a first build people recommend a standard ANH/ESB trooper.  Yes they have their oddities but they are well known, easier to source and so on.  That said if you have your heart set then go for it.  You'll get plenty of support either way.

Good luck on your journey.

Thanks Centurion. You are probably right that I'm better off with am OT armour. 

For the moment, I'll probably browse and enquire, but it will be late next year before I'm in a position (and saved some money to acquire some armour).

Thanks Centurion. You are probably right that I'm better off with am OT armour. 

For the moment, I'll probably browse and enquire, but it will be late next year before I'm in a position (and saved some money to acquire some armour).

1 hour ago, Tom Foz said:

Out of interest, what region of price are stormtrooper kits roughly around?

It depends on the maker, we have a very good selection in the uk that covers the full range of budgets I'd be willing to recommend.  If you want a more full break down send me a message.

13 minutes ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

It depends on the maker, we have a very good selection in the uk that covers the full range of budgets I'd be willing to recommend.  If you want a more full break down send me a message.

Thanks Chris

I'll drop you a message.

Hi Tom and welcome to FISD!  It looks like the guys have you covered so far. You certainly want to stick with Chris. He will be able to give you specific UKG info that will help you down the road. I'm sure that the UKG can get you out as a handler for them so you can see what it is all about. A handler is someone who goes out on troops not in costume but provides support for the costumed guys. Kind of like their eyes and ears. Anyway, feel free to ask any questions. Have fun and good luck!

6 hours ago, starsaber25 said:

I'm sure that the UKG can get you out as a handler for them so you can see what it is all about. A handler is someone who goes out on troops not in costume but provides support for the costumed guys. Kind of like their eyes and ears. Anyway, feel free to ask any questions. Have fun and good luck!

Actually we can't let you spot (we call them spotters) until you clear a costume, PLI stuff unfortunately.  But you are more than welcome to come speak to us at an event and see how we work.  There's a calendar on the UKG home page : http://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/book-us/upcoming-events.html

Hey Tom,  

As Chris has stated, get yourself over to the UKG.  They got me through my TK Hero Build and my DoopyDoo E-11.

Good luck on your venture and the Empire will welcome you into the ranks when the time comes.

Darren.