8mm rivets and sniper knee (AP) advice

Dear troopers of the galaxy,

Does anyone have a lead on where to find the 8mm rivets for the kidney and ab pieces. I was hoping to find somewhere offline so I could buy today and assemble tomorrow for EIB submission photos...

Also, advice on attaching the sniper knee for AP armor... I am wondering if this is a build my own contact points for assembly type thing....

Thanks

T

Edited by taratrooper

Hi Tara

JustJoseph sells them. You can find it in the for sale area. As for the sniper knee I'll leave that to someone with experience with AP.

I have the AP armor. My process was to attach the knee plate to the cover strip in front with E6000, while clamping the sides into place (but not gluing immediately on those ends). B e generous with the E6000 - you can always remove the excess later.

Once the center is dried (I gave mine 24 hours to be sure), double check your alignment. If all looks good, go ahead and glue the sides and reclamp. Again, go with plenty of E6000.

This is what mine looked like afterward.

knee_update.pngIMG_8986.jpg

You will notice the knee does not line up exactly in the middle. It's a specific quirk of AP.

Edited by Sentry71
added information