AP Armor Owners - creeping left shins?

Trying to figure out  a) if anyone else with AP armor (unless other armors have the same issue) has experienced their left shins shifting to the side as they walk? and b ) how did you resolve it?  Was thinking of placing some velcro on the front of my boot where the shin rests, but also if maybe strategically placed foam would help?  Just trying to get feedback before deciding to slap some velcro tape on my brand new boots or taking any other corrective measures.  Thanks in advance!!

Many of us with different types of armor (myself included) have experienced this, Gary.  I used a 1 x 1 x 8 inch piece of "chair foam" placed along the inside of the shin along the cover strip cured the problem.  I suggest attaching it with Velcro so that you can remove it for occasional cleaning... (it can get pretty smelly due to sweating). 

• Like 1

Sweating? Inside a TK suit? Say it isn't so! LOL 

Thanks so much for the tip!  Will definitely give that a try.  I had heard of the velcro on the front of the boot as well (which was more to keep the shin from riding up), but I really didn't like the idea of sticking that stuff on my new boots.  Fortunately, a test run last night around the house for 30 minutes only resulted in the left shin creep.  Other than that, the fit and performance was great!

WgikBmn.jpg

• Like 1

Wait, what do you mean? I thought being in South Florida, we got a more relaxed dress code to deal with the humidity ;):laugh1:

Just got the chair foam today so will give that a whirl and then it's on to the thighs!

• Like 1

Personally, I do use a small strip of Velcro on the front of my boot, so that it keeps the shin from twisting. Since it is always covered, no one knows it is there. :)

• Like 1

Thanks Gary (great name BTW ;)).  The velcro is something we'll definitely keep as a backup for now - once we start trooping, we're bound to see how things will work and/or benefit from additional "behind the scenes magic" as needed.  So far so good with the chair foam and it actually makes for a nicer feel to the fit of the shin piece along with stopping the creep.  And being a little OCD, I would rather avoid sticking Velcro tape on my brand new boots although I'll likely change my tune after the first few scuffs and scratches take hold :laugh1:.

• Like 1

i use velcro on the back side of my boots but it does the same thing. Mine is not AP but the T/MC armor, basically the same armor as AP.

• Like 1

Gary's solution of Velcro on the boots and shins is a widely used one, and rightfully so, it's simple and it works great. Use "Industrial Velcro". :duim:

• Like 2

Some also use a short strip of white elastic glued to the inside of the calves that stretches under the boots like a stirrup.

• Like 2