Reno NV First Order Build [Diversity Props]

Reno_Geek

Well crap, Anovos pushed back the delivery date of the kit. I’m glad they are doing it because it wasn’t meeting standards. Wish it was caught sooner. Below is the response from them on the issue found.

During production of this kit our quality control team discovered that many pieces did not meet our high quality standards and these imperfections warranted the halt of production on these pieces. To be more specific, as part of the process of quality control our team randomly 3D scans our own vacuform bucks. During this process, they found a couple issues that they decided to take action on : life of the mold and inaccuracy. The first thing they discovered was that these molds only had a maximum half life of a few more pulls which would have then compromised the integrity and wastage of subsequent pulls. Secondly, by bringing these molds into the 3D environment, they noticed contouring issues that did not allow for the armor to line up correctly. Therefore, they decided to not only remake the molds in steel, but they also decided to go back to scans they had taken from the original armor actually used on set and reprint them for the purposes of this kit. In essence, for quality and accuracy reasons the armor pieces have returned to the early pre-production stages. Our team has assigned extra personnel to the project in order to mitigate further delays to this kit. Unfortunately, after reviewing the potential effects this discovery has upon our previous production schedule it was determined that we must update the anticipated delivery window to Fall 2017.

That's a detailed response. You almost feel sorry for them. But I don't. Sounds like damage control to me.

Here's hoping you'll get the kit this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Yeah huge let down. I pre-ordered it last December. That’s plenty of time to iron all of this out before production. Having them find this issue a month before the deadline to get them all out seems to show they are either waiting to the last minute or way behind on their products. Also worries me on what the final product will look like.

9 hours ago, Reno_Geek said:

During production of this kit our quality control team discovered that many pieces did not meet our high quality standards...

I am curious as to what their definition of high quality of standards are, because the lens on the FO helmet are very low quality, but the rest of the helmet seems fine so far. Anyways, I hope this works out in your favor. Waiting can be a pain, especially when you spend a lot of money on something.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't go wrong with the boots, really comfortable and durable.

Another few pieces to the puzzle :D

• Like 1

Great boots indeed.

You'll want to keep the zipper nicely oiled. If they're like earlier versions it gets a little stiff.

Also, do all you can to line the bottom of your shins as the leather gets worn pretty easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Chances don’t look good. You could always do what I am and build an OT TK while you wait.

PS: I see you have good taste in board games. :D

Edited by Harbinger

Just got done chatting with Anovos. They won't give a solid date on when the kit will be done. They are also refusing to ship the helmet separately since they are bundled together. I made clear the fact that I ordered this a year ago and they waited until when they needed to ship these out to figure out they had a manufacturing issue. That all of the bugs should have been worked out months previously. Also the fact they haven't sent a single update since the initial email and refusal to give any additional information on where they are at leads me to believe they aren't going to be ready in time. Think this will be only purchase from them. Saying I am super frustrated is an understatement.

They have no transparency on anything - it seems to be company policy - as all I've ever gotten is "sign up for our newsletter for more information".

Also keep in mind they don't offer replacement parts for any reason (which is a bit scary IMO). They make great stuff - accurate and fairly good quality for the price - but a slew of issues elsewhere. I think they were taken off the recommended vendor list recently for many of these reasons.

That said, I'm not going to cancel my FOTK pre-order, but I will probably look elsewhere from here on out as well.

• 3 months later...