TK 10450 UKG requesting ANH Stunt EIB clearance (RWA) [743]

25 minutes ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Steve, how far are the elastics apart where they join the armour?  If you keep these short (ideally at the split rivets) it should stop most of the slop you're getting.  The longer the elastic run the more room it has to move.

Maybe the elastic should be replaced with nylon webbing, less give. ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

Maybe the elastic should be replaced with nylon webbing, less give. ;) 

This is what I have done on all of mine.  I did a test fitting of my recent snaps and nylon strapping and I noticed that this helps me out a LOT more than the elastic did.  I'll be updating my thread soon so it might help! :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Steve, how far are the elastics apart where they join the armour?  If you keep these short (ideally at the split rivets) it should stop most of the slop you're getting.  The longer the elastic run the more room it has to move.

I've made some shorter ones that are literally JUST long enough so they should pull it in close. 

The gap as it stands is just over the required amount so no gap is the way to go rather that faff about with shims etc. 

Onwards and upwards. 

Or inwards as the case may be......

• Like 1

After a LOT more faffing and adjusting, I think I've FINALLY managed to close the gap and get the plates level. Whist I appreciate these pics aren't perfect and may not be suitable (took many attempts as done solo) but I hope they can be used to clarify the issues I've had with the ab/kidney armour gap.

I'll be happy to do more suitable pics if required when there's someone else around to help take the photos.

Right side

seck5bA.jpg

Left side.

AbkZ96C.jpg

Many thanks for  looking and I await any comments and advice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Thats the badger! Impressive amount of pull in there, all the way from well over an inch to nothing!

I can barely breathe and it's far from comfy...... haha

4 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Excellent job Steve thank you :duim:

Thanks. Hope it's ok

Hey Steve thank you for your patience and EIB application. Also, thank you for reducing the ab side gaps as suggested. Let's get you approved. 
CRL and EIB Application Requirements:
All the required submission photos have been posted. Great job on your build:duim:. Your armor meets all EIB requirements. Andrew and myself would like to welcome you to Expert Infantry :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:
In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections. We have a few areas to go over here so get to it. Starting at the top and working our way down your helmet has a few areas we'd like to talk about. The black paint outlining the traps and rank stripes could stand to be touched up. The tube strips and Vcoder also need a little TLC to clean up the lines, all illustrated below. helmet.jpg

vcoder.jpg

Reference photo/s

gallery_12157_15_19287.jpgvcoder.jpg

Hovi tips look incorrect. Eiher the Hovis are either incorrect or assembled incorrectly. The screen should be near the tip of the Hovi, your's look recessed quite a bit. We're recommending you repair or replace them.

3.jpg

Reference photo

Hovi%20tip.jpg

Next is the shoulder ball gap. There should be minimal gap between the shoulder bells and chest/back plates. Definitely recommend tightening the top strap.

bell.jpgbell%202.jpg

Reference phoito

59603a67dfc5c_Shouldergap.jpg.6f5d750c92d81a87e0e82c789975131b.jpg

Calf opening. It might be a good idea to reshape the closure area so that the two halves are parallel. The current angle makes it's difficult to close and keep closed. 

shin.jpg

Thank you for providing the cloth belt measurements as requested. Upon further review the ammo belt appears too wide. We're suggesting you remove all but roughly 1/8" of the upper and lower return edge just outside of the ammo boxes. Take a look at the reference photo, there should be minimal material in this area. 

3fMxE9Yb.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_59_162657-crop.jpg

Another minor issue is the TD screws should be flat head type. Though this won't affect any levels of approval we're recommending you replace them with the correct screws when convenient. 

TD.jpg

Reference photo

TD%20clip%20screws.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:
In this section we prepare you for Centurion. If there were any areas of concern they would be discussed here. The only area of concern is the drop box alignment. The CRL states the drop boxes should be aligned with the outer most edge of the ammo belt. Simply repositioning the drop box connecting strap them gluing it to the cloth belt should keep them in place and aligned. 

box.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_59_37792-crop.jpg

That's it, great job. Hope to see you at Centurion. :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

• ukswrath changed the title to TK 10450 UKG requesting ANH Stunt EIB clearance (RWA) [743]