TK 10450 UKG requesting ANH Stunt EIB clearance (RWA) [743]

Name: Steve Dredge

501st ID:  TK10450

501st Profile: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=23009

FISD Forum Name:  TDStig

Garrison:  UK Garrison

Armour:  RWA

Helmet:  RWA

Blaster:  Doopydoos resin parts on uPVC pipe. Sight and Hengstler Counter from Tosche Traders

Height: 5'6" (167cm)

Weight:  211lbs (96kg)

Boots:  ISD

Canvas Belt:  

Hand Plates:  RWA

Gloves:  ISD Latex hand guards

Neck Seal:  RWA

Holster:  ISD

Undersuit:  Sondeco 2 piece

Electronics: Rom FX (voice only)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys.

Finally decided to try for EIB status. While my kit is far from Centurion standard, I'm hoping that it'll pass EIB.

FRONT

OEnvxnQ.png

RIGHT

A4K1Qp0.png

REAR

W5pN3OH.png

LEFT

gLpZs6G.png

ACTION SHOT

ZdvxRNY.png

CLOSE UP SHOTS

LID (FRONT)

n3mKdAf.jpg

LID (RIGHT)

nL66wiA.jpg

LID (LEFT)

760gCmH.jpg

NECKSEAL

EdJSbFV.jpg

BODY

AB DETAIL

2jluhxc.jpg

TD

sp5K3MU.jpg

BUTT PLATE STUDS

YHfjuDs.jpg

GLOVES WITH LATEX HANDGUARDS

QWiAeYR.jpg

BOOTS - SCREEN ACCURATE BLACK BOOTS PAINTED WHITE

GC8g95S.jpg

BELT AMMO PACK DETAIL

3fMxE9Y.jpg

BELT AND HOLSTER

hgfGgg9.jpg

IPe4DvO.jpg

wixjw9m.jpg

h7qBVCA.jpg

E-11 BLASTER

Q6bbDX3.jpg

pLijMxQ.jpg

70C3FSq.jpg

kO2jdNl.jpg

was4qna.jpg

A8PeEA9.jpg

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestioms to get me up to the required standard. 

Edited by TDStig
  • Like 1

Forgot to add a few pics so here they are......Hope these help.

The strapping system viewed from the inside

WBkQJTm.jpg

The ammo pack on the right knee (single capped rivet on both sides)

jZBvbeFl.jpg

The interior of right knee

1VkZmwcl.jpg

The canvas belt detail

rmTR0EGl.jpg

....and the plastic part

M5RrnhHl.jpg

The gap between the Ab and kidney plate (left)

x4GxLVnl.jpg

...and the right.....

uG43DdDl.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Steve.  You have done a very nice job with your armor.  The only thing that sticks out to me is you may have an issue with your ab and kidney gap.  For EIB, the CRL states no more then 1/2 Inch.  From a few of the photos you have provided it looks like it may be more then that.  But of course time will tell.  The only other thing is you are probably going to need to scrape off the white paint on the snaps in your butt plate but that is an easy fix.  Good luck with your application!

Hey Steve Andrew or myself will be with you shortly.

While you wait we need need you to do us a favor and remove any paint from the cod and posterior snaps and rivet head (if any) and post new photos. These areas should not have paint on them. Thank you 

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I've taken the paint off the snaps on the |posterior plate, but for some reason I didn't paint the head on the ab plate bottom.

If there's an issue with the gap between my ab and kidney plate, I'll sort out some pictures with a tape measure in place as soon as I can.

Many thanks

j3VotHC.jpg

Hey Steve upon further review you'll need to reduce the kidney to ab gap before we can proceed. The gap has to be 1/2" or less, thanks Steve :duim:. You can either adjust the connecting straps between the two sections or you may need to add shims. Afterwards please post updated photos showing the corrections. We'll be here when you get back. 

The CRL states the following: For level two certification (if applicable):

• Any gap between the abdomen and kidney armor is no more than 1/2" (12.5mm) wide.
    • Any shims used to achieve this effect are of a similar material and color as the abdomen and kidney armor. Shims fit flush and seams are allowed.
  • Like 1

DID wonder..... 

I'll adjust the straps and make them shorter so.it SHOULD close the gap.  It'll be easier than putting shims in, which I'll do as a last resort. 

I'm assuming you'll require a full size side view (clearance style) and a close up with tape measeure? I'll sort that out later. 

Many thanks. 

5 hours ago, TDStig said:

DID wonder..... 

I'll adjust the straps and make them shorter so.it SHOULD close the gap.  It'll be easier than putting shims in, which I'll do as a last resort. 

I'm assuming you'll require a full size side view (clearance style) and a close up with tape measeure? I'll sort that out later. 

Many thanks. 

My apologize, life's been a bit crazy and I simply overlooked it. 

To answer your question yes full side views. We don't necessarily need a tape measure we're pretty good at judging distances through images. ;) 

• Like 1

No worries.

I shortened the straps at the side and took the pics as requested (excuse the low level look... its hard to do a selfie and get it all in....)

The gaps are as close as I think they're going to get without me removing lower ribs or starving myself...

Anyway, here they are......

Left side

R7ES4La.jpg

Right view

OiqnfR3.jpg

Close up view

4JtEtcm.jpg

I hope these are satisfactory and I await your response and further advice

35 minutes ago, TDStig said:

Will do.....

But I'm not 100% sure what I'm missing....haha. 

I believe what he's referring to is the gap and the lining of the rivets on the left side?  I could be wrong, but the gap still needs to be half an inch or less while also having the rivets on the left side equal distance from each other and lined up correctly... refer to this thread where he lists a great example for the rivets and placement:

Good job on your armor!  Keep it up!

Edited by Btabc
clarification on response
  • Like 2

Thanks to both. Sorry... have occasional 'slow' moments. 

Ok so I'll sort the lining up of the rivets a d removal of paint tomorrow when I get in from work. 

Thanks for your help and advice 

I've literally been staring at your armor for the past 5 minutes and all I want to do is reach through the computer screen and push your ab and kidney together with my hands.  I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why you can't get it to close.  I feel like you should be able to.  Can you not shorten the elastic anymore?  I feel like if you could that should get rid of your alignment issue and then also close the gap more.  No matter what I think you will get it figured out.  I think with some tinkering with your elastics then you will get it to where you want it to be.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, starsaber25 said:

I've literally been staring at your armor for the past 5 minutes and all I want to do is reach through the computer screen and push your ab and kidney together with my hands.  I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why you can't get it to close.  I feel like you should be able to.  Can you not shorten the elastic anymore?  I feel like if you could that should get rid of your alignment issue and then also close the gap more.  No matter what I think you will get it figured out.  I think with some tinkering with your elastics then you will get it to where you want it to be.

I can barely breathe with it as it is haha

Any tighter and the next pic will be me in a crumpled mass of TK armour. 

I do have misaligned hips and a slightly curved spine but I can't see that being the cause of the back and front not being level. I think the front needs raising or the back lowering and I think that's all on the position or length  of the shoulder straps.   

Gotta be worth a try, surely.....

OK.... Ab/kidney gap pics..... attempt #1740.....

Removed pain from ab snap........

LqRXiEI.jpg

After a but of fettling, adjustment and fine tuning, I think I've managed to get the alignment and gap issues sorted.

I adjusted the shoulder straps slightly as the rear needed dropping and the front needed raising. So in effect the whole torso armour was rotated around my body (if that makes sense....)

Left hand side view

wCREhfu.jpg

Right hand side view

b4u0YfU.jpg

Hope this solves the issue

Thanks for removing the ab snap paint and updating all the photos :duim:

As for the Ab to Kidney gap unfortunately you're going to have to do a bit more work, there's still too much gap especially on the left side. The EIB requirements and CRL are very clear regarding this area.  This is what we want to see. Here's a few of your fellow troopers who recently received their EI badge: 

_MG_1720 fredphotovideo_ Martin D TK - niv2 Martin D TK - niv2.jpg_MG_1726 fredphotovideo_ Martin D TK - niv2 Martin D TK - niv2.jpgS55DUQU.jpg?1Uq01NsA.jpg?19QZHFqg.jpguvTTN9C.jpg

Steve, how far are the elastics apart where they join the armour?  If you keep these short (ideally at the split rivets) it should stop most of the slop you're getting.  The longer the elastic run the more room it has to move.

• Like 2