PINNED POSTS

JAFO

Looking for some illumination on PINNED POSTS, particularly in ONGOING SALES PROJECTS.

How does it work? Seems arbitrary. Does someone make the decision to pin posts. Can requests be made?

Love to know more! :duim:

Yes, usually the person making the decision is me. I look at the perceived value to the membership and frequency of access to the post, and for sales also the length of time that person has been doing a run. There is no exact formula, but it's also not entirely arbitrary/whimsical either.

FWIW, I use the same logic to unpin stuff too.  Like all living organisms, stickies on this forum have to be pruned from time to time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2017 at 9:46 AM, Daetrin said:

FWIW, I use the same logic to unpin stuff too.  Like all living organisms, stickies on this forum have to be pruned from time to time.

Hello Chief! :salute:

Would it be possible to unpin the following post in the First Order Section of the forum?

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35680-howto-magnetic-plug-and-socket-no-more-velcro/

TK4205 did a wonderful job showing everyone how to use Magnets to suit up. I personally benefited from it. However, due to the Photobucket disaster of 2017, 95% of the images are no longer available to view. We had a trooper last night try to view the thread only to find that he couldn't see any of the images (His comments are on the bottom of page 3 on the thread). I think if we unpinned the thread it may cut down on more confusion in the future.

I made a tutorial similar to TK4205's with a video link and fresh pictures so that new troopers could benefit from his info as i did. If you feel that it could be beneficial, that one could be pinned. I'm not campaigning for my thread to be pinned, just letting you know its available to replace the old one if you would deem that to be necessary. :)

Here is the link to the thread I made in the First Order Section with new pictures of TK4205's method:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42342-howto-using-magnets-suit-up-with-less-hassle/

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3.8.2017 at 3:06 PM, Jayben Kenobi said:

Hello Chief! :salute:

Would it be possible to unpin the following post in the First Order Section of the forum?

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35680-howto-magnetic-plug-and-socket-no-more-velcro/

TK4205 did a wonderful job showing everyone how to use Magnets to suit up. I personally benefited from it. However, due to the Photobucket disaster of 2017, 95% of the images are no longer available to view. We had a trooper last night try to view the thread only to find that he couldn't see any of the images (His comments are on the bottom of page 3 on the thread). I think if we unpinned the thread it may cut down on more confusion in the future.

I made a tutorial similar to TK4205's with a video link and fresh pictures so that new troopers could benefit from his info as i did. If you feel that it could be beneficial, that one could be pinned. I'm not campaigning for my thread to be pinned, just letting you know its available to replace the old one if you would deem that to be necessary. :)

Here is the link to the thread I made in the First Order Section with new pictures of TK4205's method:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42342-howto-using-magnets-suit-up-with-less-hassle/

Thanks!

Done, thanks for your help! :)